14 posts in this topic

What's your favorite novel?

Here's a list of my favorite novels:

• Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
  • City of Thieves
  • Of Mice and Men
  • Lolita
  • The Alchemist

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

We need to talk about Kevin,

The particular sadness of lemon cake, 

Little Women,

One day

Room

(just a few off the top of my head!)

Edited by Seed

7 minutes ago, Seed said:

Room

I loved the movie. 

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Siddartha by Herman Hesse

The Stranger by Albert Camus

Crossings by Alex Landrigin

I love Mishima. Spring Snow is my favourite for now, while I read his other works

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Didn't read too many fictions... but I liked Kafka on the Shore, the Wind-Up Bird Chronicle; besides things like Harry Potter and Dan Brown's works.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

4 hours ago, Max_V said:

I love Mishima. Spring Snow is my favourite for now, while I read his other works

I just ordered the book. 

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wild and A Hero of Our Time by Mikhail Lermontov.

I forgot to mention Perfume: The Story of a Murderer. It really shows off the German language.

@The Mystical Man That’s awesome man, enjoy! :)

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

I've recently started re-reading The Lord of The Rings trilogy whenever visiting my home country. Feels very therapeutic compared to when I read it 20 years ago as a kid. 

Ben Kane's Eagles series (historical fiction) were incredible and I read that twice 

G.R.R. Martin's Song of Ice & Fire saga was pretty cool as well although I hated The dance with dragons one

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Dan Brown - The Da Vinci Code

Stephen King - The Dark Tower Series

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.