Someone here

Your favourite song ?

61 posts in this topic

The best song ever made. Can't get enough of it .

@Leo Gurathanks Leo for creating this subforum :)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

This is my favorite song of all time, and I don't think it will ever change. His name is Ryan Corrigan. He grew up in my hometown of Huntsville, Ontario (Canada). My best friends mom used to babysit him when he was just little, and said it was easy to take care of him because he just liked to sing and mess around with instruments for hours. Gotta start early! I went and got front row seats to see him live in early 2020 a few weeks before the lockdowns. It was an amazing live show, he was playing drums and singing his lungs off.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Forever this, I remember the first time I heard it, I cried.

@Someone here Your wish came true :).

There's lots but I'll go with this one... ?

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@Roy @Loba @puporing  cool ones:)

Another one from my favourite artist 

-Osho

Anyone else into INNA here? 

-Osho

When there's no special someone to do long drives with and unironically karaoke corny late-90s videogame soundtracks to ????

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Dude, i can't possibly choose only one song, there are so many good songs in different flavours. Sorry but i must put here more than one.

Of course there are much more, but i will stop at 6 for now :D.

11 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

I will go with Michael Jackson: I just can't stop loving you.

The only thing I can hear is "HEEEE-HEEEE”. 

@Someone here Big man, are you by any chance Romanian? Asking because INNA is mainly popular in Romania and maybe in Moldova. 

One of my favorites: 

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

@Loba Dang, 'Reckoner' is a great shout, that's definitely up there on my list of all-time favourite songs - it's between that one and 'Weird Fishes/Arpeggi' for my favourite song on 'In Rainbows':

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@Akashic YES! :x It's very difficult to pick my favorite song of all time.. but Time might be it for me too. I listened to The Dark Side Of The Moon for the first time ever on LSD 2 years ago. I can't believe I had not listened to it before then because music is a big part of my life and I've listened to a lot of music in a lot of genres but somehow Pink Floyd had managed to fly under my radar, even though I knew they had a lot of hype. That was until I took  LSD one day and randomly got the idea I should see what all the fuss is about. Mind BLOWN!!! When the guitar solo of Time kicked in I could not believe what was happening, it was like the music was purifying my soul. I had no expectations of what that album would be like at all and had no idea there would even be a guitar solo in it at all and didn't see it coming at all until it happened. I had a musical/spiritual/emotional/life climax right then and there. It was so beautiful I thought to myself life can never be better than it was right then and there. I often listen to the dark side of the moon when tripping still. It just goes deeper and deeper and shows new dimensions of itself every time, it's like a religious experience for me that I keep coming back to. MASTERPIECE!

But since you already posted it I'm going with this(even though it's an album and not a song but in my opinion it's like one long song since the parts go together in one piece, and just posting one of the songs from this album would not do it justice since it's best heard in its full context):

This is another one that is like a religious experience for me.

@Asayake I saw a great comment on Youtube last year: 'When David Gilmour plays his guitar, he uses his soul as an amplifier!' Never a truer word spoken, my word... 'Time' was definitely a song that spoke to me when I first heard it on Floyd's 'Pulse' live album, even at the age of 21 I felt the truth of what they were saying about how time slips away so quickly. Though the one off that album that touched me most profoundly, and that might actually be my all-time favourite song, is 'Coming Back To Life' - oh man, I hate to use a big fancy word like 'transcendent', but this song is freaking transcendent:

And holy fuck, it has literally just come on my Youtube playlist! 

Edited by RickyFitts

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@RickyFitts enjoyed that one, thank you:-)

Don't have a favorite, but have come to know quite some songs that have touched my heart, here one of them:

Okay, one more, both oldies they are

Okay, had to put another one in that's a bit newer. All albums of Jonsi & Alex, make me drift to beautiful and deeply peaceful places. I was absolutely awestruck when I listened to the album for the first time, I came to a state of consciousness that may have even brought up some fear iirc

Edited by Waken