Leo Gura

What Made You Feel Love As A Child?

136 posts in this topic

@Kuba Powiertowski

you don't understand anything, you just have to surrender your ego. that ego that says that war is wrong and hugs from mom are good. I mean if you want to be serious about spirituality and understand and open yourself to what you are, if what you want is to continue with an ego that judges and separates between you and what is not you, then don't do it.

8 minutes ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

@Breakingthewall thank You for your advice. By the way, how old are you, if may I ask?

My life is my business, here i just talk about spirituality not about ego

I am 44. Still in very long process of surrending my ego. Still very arrogant, ignorant, often plain stupid. Totally unawakened and unelightened. Sometimes truly happy for a while. But that is ok. It's good starting point. Like everyday, every minute?

17 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

of course, at the moment of being tortured, or if tomorrow they tell me that I have a melanoma, I suppose that the state of not i will be replaced by a me that screams

Then why you get so defensive when Kuba has a problem with equating love with torture or saying that God loves torture?  As you know, you too would be defensive when you got tortured.   I get what you're saying,  it's about making the distinction between the meaning of something in it's absolute and relative sense of the word which I know you try to explain to him, but maybe he does or doesnt already understand, but regardless it's natural to get defensive at the thought of people who would justify rape and torture in the relative sense of the word (meaning the word as we experience it in it's lesser conscious state) by deluding themselves into believing that they 'know' love= torture therefore have a justification to not do anything about the torture.   Notice I put the word 'know' in brackets because true knowing = experiencing and when you don't experience love, you don't really know, you just think you know. 

Large amounts of people (especially spiritual type folks who are 'vulnerable' to spiritual bypassing)  would as a result allow and enable torture and rape,  with the justification it's "love" because they think they are at a higher level of awakening and understanding which would mean more torture for the victim(s) that is you, me and them.  For as long as you are here in a human vessel, whether awakened or not, it's better to side with the 'you' that is going through the worst (the victims of torture) and stop the rapists, if necessary, torture the rapists ('yourself') if that's the only thing that will help in that situation.  

So if in your own state of unconsciousness, you get defensive, where to direct your defensiveness best? Towards people like Kuba ('yourself' as well) who's understandably upset by what this type of talks could lead to and getting defensive about him not getting it (the theory when it comes to the statement in the absolute sense of 'torture being love') or better direct your defensiveness towards the people who say love=rape too often while being delusional about what it really means?

If you ask me, talking too much about the theory of Love (in the absolute sense) is not helpful, because it usually results into more spiritual bypassing than anything, which makes people behave worse, not better.  

You spread more love by practicing and focussing on being courageous and showing compassion for the ones who need it most in any given situation which needs to be judged accordingly. 

Edited by newbee

@newbee It is not about justifying the violation. obviously we all work on a relative level and I don't justify anything on a relative level. What I am saying is that if we want to understand what we are, what we are is absolute. this is so and that's it. the rape is you, and the massacres of wars and all, and ultimately not even, since they are illusory. it's all illusion, and you're creating it right now. this is not a joke or new age religion, this is reality. So, if someone comes to me telling me I'm stupid for having those ideas, I tell them: they're not ideas, it's reality, direct experience after deconstructing the walls that separate me/other. and he answers me: you are parroting, etc... like that, because it seems that way to him, without giving the benefit of the doubt... it shows that he is a close mind. But of course I'm not justifying anything wrong. Opposite, i can't bear even the slightest lie.

@Breakingthewall If I have offended you, Leo, or anyone else, I sincerely apologize. It was not my intention. Everyone has the right to their views, I don't have to agree with them. I cannot accept the claim that rape, torture, violence, or killing is an expression of love. That's how I feel, that's how I see things. I've beaten someone badly in a drunken fight a few times. There was no love there, only pride, pride, an inflated ego, disrespect, hatred, a feeling of danger, and once something that terrified me - a sense of wild pleasure in power over someone else's life. The dude was lying under me, and I was pressing his face against the street. I felt his cheekbone crack, I could see the terror in his eyes. I felt some sick joy that she was shitting her pants with fear. I felt the power over his life that, in a moment, I would rub that shit off his face on the asphalt. I felt a cold abyss that was sucking me in. It was terrifying. If this is for you, Leo, and others - Love - I can't help it. If, in fact, it is also the face of love - thank you for such love. Please, without me.
As for the ego, I've been watching mine closely for some time. It's full of shit, hypocrisy, and bending reality into its narrative. It is also full of stupidity, and stupid patterns of thinking, comparing, and judging. And that's the ego. Mine, yours, and everyone's. That's his nature. The spiritual ego can reach the Himalayas of absurdity and hypocrisy.
Well, I got carried away by an ego that always knows everything. Indeed not the last time, unfortunately.

11 minutes ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

@Breakingthewall If I have offended you, Leo, or anyone else, I sincerely apologize. It was not my intention. Everyone has the right to their views, I don't have to agree with them. I cannot accept the claim that rape, torture, violence, or killing is an expression of love. That's how I feel, that's how I see things. I've beaten someone badly in a drunken fight a few times. There was no love there, only pride, pride, an inflated ego, disrespect, hatred, a feeling of danger, and once something that terrified me - a sense of wild pleasure in power over someone else's life. The dude was lying under me, and I was pressing his face against the street. I felt his cheekbone crack, I could see the terror in his eyes. I felt some sick joy that she was shitting her pants with fear. I felt the power over his life that, in a moment, I would rub that shit off his face on the asphalt. I felt a cold abyss that was sucking me in. It was terrifying. If this is for you, Leo, and others - Love - I can't help it. If, in fact, it is also the face of love - thank you for such love. Please, without me.
As for the ego, I've been watching mine closely for some time. It's full of shit, hypocrisy, and bending reality into its narrative. It is also full of stupidity, and stupid patterns of thinking, comparing, and judging. And that's the ego. Mine, yours, and everyone's. That's his nature. The spiritual ego can reach the Himalayas of absurdity and hypocrisy.
Well, I got carried away by an ego that always knows everything. Indeed not the last time, unfortunately.

These things are not an expression of love at the relative level according to the conventional ideas of love, but they are an expression of love at the absolute level. Looking at acts that are devoid of the things we might term love might not give you a good impression of love at the absolute level.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

Practically everything made me feel good as a child lol. But if I had to say what made me feel love the most, it was probably when playing Baseball with my Dad. Knowing that I was better than all the other kids because I trained harder and longer than them. 

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

@amanen Ok. As I said before, I am unenlightened, unawakened, I have not reached this level of understanding, and I am ok. Really.

I don't feel like I have to.:)

The first time I felt true love is when I first picked up a guitar at age 6. It still remains to be the one and only true love. Music.

15 minutes ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

@amanen Ok. As I said before, I am unenlightened, unawakened, I have not reached this level of understanding, and I am ok. Really.

I don't feel like I have to.:)

Ah I didn't know that. Well, you don't have to reach these levels of understanding, but it is pretty amazing to have these realizations. In fact realizations like absolute love are among the best things in the world, it's worth pursuing them.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

playing video games and seeing how intricately everything worked together made me feel a kind of  unity with the creators of the game, and a deep sense of gratitude at being part of it. I felt a lot of love for humanity and the things that lead us to where we are from games like grand theft auto five and the witcher. 

I cried reading a poem about a flower in class. Flowers for Algernon made me feel total empathy.

doing things with my dad, like eating lunch and vacations where I met third cousins. the most at-peace I have ever felt was during one of those vacations, one night right as I was gonna go to sleep. 

Edited by Oppositionless