Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrTouchdown

Infinite cause chain

6 posts in this topic

Is this possible in your view? Why or why not?

@MrTouchdown Hey, why not take some to explain the subject from your point of view and I’ll see if I can chime in?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

An infinite serie of backward causation is a deep paradox in philosophy which usually philosphers rather have a unmoved mover, because an infinite regress is impossible because contingent being is contingent being no matter if they are infinite, so there "has" to be a infinite causeless cause which has no beginning or end, and is an infinite actuality, which has no limits because it is the fullness of Being.

This Being has been called God. 

Non dual abiding imo shows the infinite's Being which we are a part of, and simultanously the whole in a paradoxical manner.

So an infinite time is possible because it would be the Eternal Now as this is.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

47 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@MrTouchdown Hey, why not take some to explain the subject from your point of view and I’ll see if I can chime in?

In other words must every cause have a cause or can there be an uncaused cause?

The appearance of an infinite causal chain is not evidence of its reality, as there is no alternative.  Even if time appears to have a beginning, it is still not within the power of logic for there to not seem to be a "before that." Spacetime is relative. Everything in the appearance is infinitely causally interdependent, to the point of there being no separation, and is therefore unconnected as there is nothing separate to be connected.

2 minutes ago, MrTouchdown said:

In other words must every cause have a cause or can there be an uncaused cause?

It seems that way, right? 

In non-dual states of consciousness you will discover that actually there is no causation to anything.

You imagine your pen falling down and than you imagine a sound a pen would make if it hits the floor. The cause here is your "higher self imagination". And this imagination has no cause, it is the eternal cause for everything. It is infinite.

Don't bother to understand this intellectually. Bother to awaken :D