Someone here

An idea for a new subforum

Good idea?    131 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

110 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Roy said:

Damn if I knew he was gonna do basically everything I suggested I would have asked for a lot more hehehe.

Your suggestions were great! Now I don't have to see the spamming psychedelics topics popping up all the time in front of my face.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

17 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

33% wins against 66%. That's how democracy works.

Hilarious...!!!!

Edited by Seed

I respect Leo a lot for adding these new subforums. I know a lot of people think all art is a waste of time or something but I have personally learned deeper lessons in some songs, shows and films than I have in any self help book. and having an entire philosophy section should bring about some great discussions! I'm very excited for the future of this forum.

Can we have the option to remove the "follow" part of the journals section - I find it disconcerting, I have them removed on my profile as well to keep social media from garnishing my focus.  Like when people follow and then don't, it makes me feel like "I" did something, when in reality, it's just someone stuck in the social media bullshit thinking that I am an item to be consumed and if I am not doing what they deem appropriate then I have to pay the mental cost and I find those kind of mind games to be very tiring and just all around awkward.

This could be mitigated by allowing journal owners to remove that aspect of social media.  I really, really, really just want to write for myself - and I don't need people like that even... around my area of focus.  Think about it please, giving us some more control over such things.  I don't need to know when people unfollow me or follow me; I don't like it either way.

Edited by Loba

11 hours ago, Loba said:

Like when people follow and then don't, it makes me feel like "I" did something

I would suggest that it doesn't actually make you feel anything. It rather makes you think the following thoughts, which you apparently have an aversion to:

11 hours ago, Loba said:

when in reality, it's just someone stuck in the social media bullshit thinking that I am an item to be consumed and if I am not doing what they deem appropriate then I have to pay the mental cost and I find those kind of mind games to be very tiring and just all around awkward.

So I would look into this more carefully. For example, even if your estimation is correct (and I think it might or might not be, 50:50), why would people's perception disturb yours, or even affect it in anyway? Like if I did the same thing but you didn't look or have to know, would it really affect you?

That being said, I'm not against the suggestion that you are putting forth. I'm just suggesting looking for an alternative way of dealing with this in case your wish isn't to be implemented.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@Loba  Wait, you actually get notifications when people unfollow you? Damn, I was thinking about using the Journal section, but that's demoralizing

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

22 hours ago, Loba said:

Can we have the option to remove the "follow" part of the journals section

Ye I'd prefer this too

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

@Someone here

On 05/05/2022 at 4:47 AM, Someone here said:

@Leo Gura I was wondering what your opinion on this ..to create a new subforum for off topic discussion and entertainment. Where we can discuss things like sport ,movies,music and other forms of entertainment.   I feel like it's a good idea. Of course it is up to you in the end...but I feel like we are so serious in our discussions here that we need a place where we can just relax and chat about non serious stuff and entertainment. 

I probably agree that it's a good idea to showcase healthier forms of leisure and entertainment here online. It seems like sime people struggle with what is good banter versus what is trolling, while intending to be funny but worded in a wrong way. A sub forum where it's just entertainment discussions and pop culture might be a good idea to show, again, healthier ways of being funny through text.

A conscious parenting sub forum would be great for those who want to be parents.

Also a productivity sub forum could be beneficial to this forum.