Someone here

An idea for a new subforum

Good idea?    131 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

110 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Ulax said:

I second this

I third 

Ahhh, now I want to post videos like this:

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 5.05.2022 at 8:42 AM, Roy said:

- Also some sort of privacy lock for journals would be a great feature. So you can block it from being publicly viewed, or invite/block specific people from reading/participating.

It is for this last reason that I did not begin my journal.

Edited by tedens

On 5.05.2022 at 9:19 AM, Vynce said:

No, please don't. The internet is full of distracting entertainment. This is not the right place for bullshit. 

..No but..  mental jerking. ?

On 5/5/2022 at 4:29 PM, somegirl said:

I have some ideas for changes @Leo Gura, but this is just what I would do, take it for what you will:

- Change "Self-Actualization" to "Practical Self-Help", advertised so people can get more straight forward answers to (generally) straight forward questions. For people who aren't ready for esoteric, advanced, or spiritual concepts. If someone asks for basic advice like goal setting, the answers in the section shouldn't be anything like, "you need to wake up to God lul".

- Remove Psychedlics from "Meditation, Consciousness, Enlightenment, Spirituality", and give it it's entire own section.

- Add Culture to the name tag of "Society, Environment, Government, Politics"

- Move "High Consciousness Resources" to the "Self-Help Product & Book Reviews" section, or move them up. They should be combined.

- Add Finances to "Life Purpose, Career, Entrepreneurship", additionally give Life Purpose it's own section maybe. Since there is a course on it and it's a big part of the Actualized ethos.

- Also some sort of privacy lock for journals would be a great feature. So you can block it from being publicly viewed, or invite/block specific people from reading/participating.

- As well some sort of highlighted neon sticky post for the Serious Emotional Problems section about suicide and self-harm would be good. Just with some basic protocol about what the reader should do if feeling unstable, links to suicide hotlines, etc.

+1

On 5/5/2022 at 0:42 AM, Roy said:

I have some ideas for changes @Leo Gura, but this is just what I would do, take it for what you will:

- Change "Self-Actualization" to "Practical Self-Help", advertised so people can get more straight forward answers to (generally) straight forward questions. For people who aren't ready for esoteric, advanced, or spiritual concepts. If someone asks for basic advice like goal setting, the answers in the section shouldn't be anything like, "you need to wake up to God lul".

- Remove Psychedlics from "Meditation, Consciousness, Enlightenment, Spirituality", and give it it's entire own section.

- Add Culture to the name tag of "Society, Environment, Government, Politics"

- Move "High Consciousness Resources" to the "Self-Help Product & Book Reviews" section, or move them up. They should be combined.

- Add Finances to "Life Purpose, Career, Entrepreneurship", additionally give Life Purpose it's own section maybe. Since there is a course on it and it's a big part of the Actualized ethos.

- As well some sort of highlighted neon sticky post for the Serious Emotional Problems section about suicide and self-harm would be good. Just with some basic protocol about what the reader should do if feeling unstable, links to suicide hotlines, etc.

This. 

I especially like the psychedelics section. 

Also the life purpose focused section. 

I think - "High Consciousness Resources" and "Self-Help Product & Book Reviews" should be separated, but beside eachother. 

Edited by ZenSwift

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

I think a miscellaneous section would be a great addition. I find myself wanting to share perspectives on everyday things but usually don’t because it doesn’t fit the current categories. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

8 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I think a miscellaneous section would be a great addition. I find myself wanting to share perspectives on everyday things but usually don’t because it doesn’t fit the current categories. 

Good idea ? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I am leaning towards creating a sub-forum for psychedelics and a sub-forum for off-topic cultural stuff.

Worse case scenario we just erase the off-topic sub-forum if it gets too distracting.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Okay, I've made some updates to the sub-forums. Added 2 new sub-forums (Psychedelics & Pop-Culture). Renamed some of the old sub-forums to make their titles clearer and more accurate.

https://www.actualized.org/forum/forum/1-main-discussions/

Note: the Pop-Culture sub-forum may be removed in the future if it becomes too distracting or annoying.

@Leo Gura thanks Leo :)❤?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Added a 3rd sub-forum called "Intellectual Stuff: Philosophy, Science, Technology"

It's an experimental sub-forum. We'll see if people make good use of it or not.

Yay. New sections. Exciting. 

Thunkoo

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Damn if I knew he was gonna do basically everything I suggested I would have asked for a lot more hehehe.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Just now, Roy said:

Damn if I knew he was gonna do basically everything I suggested I would have asked for a lot more hehehe.

Ask and it is given ;)

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

But he didn't do the journal control thing. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Added a 3rd sub-forum called "Intellectual Stuff: Philosophy, Science, Technology"

It's an experimental sub-forum. We'll see if people make good use of it or not.

I think this has great potentiality to become a very great sub-forum

33% wins against 66%. That's how democracy works.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)