Someone here

An idea for a new subforum

Good idea?    131 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

110 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Let's create it and anyone who goes there gets auto-banned ;)

Devil 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I have some ideas for changes @Leo Gura, but this is just what I would do, take it for what you will:

- Change "Self-Actualization" to "Practical Self-Help", advertised so people can get more straight forward answers to (generally) straight forward questions. For people who aren't ready for esoteric, advanced, or spiritual concepts. If someone asks for basic advice like goal setting, the answers in the section shouldn't be anything like, "you need to wake up to God lul".

- Remove Psychedlics from "Meditation, Consciousness, Enlightenment, Spirituality", and give it it's entire own section.

- Add Culture to the name tag of "Society, Environment, Government, Politics"

- Move "High Consciousness Resources" to the "Self-Help Product & Book Reviews" section, or move them up. They should be combined.

- Add Finances to "Life Purpose, Career, Entrepreneurship", additionally give Life Purpose it's own section maybe. Since there is a course on it and it's a big part of the Actualized ethos.

- Also some sort of privacy lock for journals would be a great feature. So you can block it from being publicly viewed, or invite/block specific people from reading/participating.

- As well some sort of highlighted neon sticky post for the Serious Emotional Problems section about suicide and self-harm would be good. Just with some basic protocol about what the reader should do if feeling unstable, links to suicide hotlines, etc.

hrhrhtewgfegege

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

Also some sort of privacy lock for journals would be a great feature. So you can block it from being publicly viewed, or invite/block specific people from reading/participating.

I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this. Please please please. 

Please 

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

See you don't even need another section just to be unserious.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Can we create a self actualization tik tok reels section where I can show of my spiritual trendy dance moves? 

Im down

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

He wants the forum to be for off topic discussion and entertainment purposes.

Not sure about the discussion sort of thing, but I'm interested in high consciousness entertainment things.

You could use the new subforum as a way to introduce healthy forms of recreation to more people. 

You might not even need a new forum. You could just make a post/video/blog post and that'll do the trick.

No, please don't. The internet is full of distracting entertainment. This is not the right place for bullshit. 

@Vynce you can voice your opinion in the poll.

There is no need to call it bullshit. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

46 minutes ago, Roy said:

I have some ideas for changes @Leo Gura, but this is just what I would do, take it for what you will:

- Change "Self-Actualization" to "Practical Self-Help", advertised so people can get more straight forward answers to (generally) straight forward questions. For people who aren't ready for esoteric, advanced, or spiritual concepts. If someone asks for basic advice like goal setting, the answers in the section shouldn't be anything like, "you need to wake up to God lul".

- Remove Psychedlics from "Meditation, Consciousness, Enlightenment, Spirituality", and give it it's entire own section.

- Move "High Consciousness Resources" to the "Self-Help Product & Book Reviews" section, or move them up. They should be combined.

- Add Finances to "Life Purpose, Career, Entrepreneurship", additionally give Life Purpose it's own section maybe. Since there is a course on it and it's a big part of the Actualized ethos.

- Also some sort of privacy lock for journals would be a great feature. So you can block it from being publicly viewed, or invite/block specific people from reading/participating.

- As well some sort of highlighted neon sticky post for the Serious Emotional Problems section about suicide and self-harm would be good. Just with some basic protocol about what the reader should do if feeling unstable, links to suicide hotlines, etc.

I agree with all of these .

-Osho

Yes, we need this. To talk about movies. Particularly Star Wars. 

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

@Roy I feel like pretty much all of these ideas are really good. Nice thinking man!

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Leo Gura I feel like it would greatly diminish the desire for some to splinter the community if there is a well moderated subforum where people can discuss mundane stuff, memes, etc. Probably something that people will do anyway, might as well accept that part of ourselves ;) 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

4 minutes ago, Max_V said:

@Leo Gura I feel like it would greatly diminish the desire for some to splinter the community if there is a well moderated subforum where people can discuss mundane stuff, memes, etc. Probably something that people will do anyway, might as well accept that part of ourselves ;) 

Yup. I agree so much. 

57 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

No.

1 minute ago, herghly said:

No need.

Such short answers are already what the poll is here for .

If you are going to comment ..please clarify why do you think we should/shouldn't have this subforum.

-Osho

5 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

I like the idea! Would be cool to have a place to talk about movies, series, music etc.

Glad that you liked it :)

-Osho

1 hour ago, Roy said:

These are points I've been thinking about a lot.

I agree on all the points except for point 4 and 6:

4) I think the High Consciousness Resource doesn't need to be fused with the Review Section, rather it should be more high quality, more polished and more moderated. An idea it comes to mind is to give access to it to people who have done serious work for long time, people who have a higher probability of posting high quality, integrated, wise, nuanced and powerful insights and resources. Personally I don't use the High Consciousness Resources section often because I'm not ready yet for turquoise stuff (and I usually found mostly turquoise stuff) but it doesn't mean that section can't be used to post high consciousness yellow stuff, high consciousness green stuff, high consciousness orange stuff, etc.

If you combine the two sections together, you'll have a meek section with just some basic advice and high quality advice I think will be viewed as less impactful than other advice.

6) If you want a private journal, just journal by yourself, you don't need the forum. The purpose of the Journal section is to make your struggles and process public so as to be accountable for your improvement and get some support. If you can't journal seriously without using a public platform, even if privately, then it's not a matter of platform or place but a matter of commitment I think.

Also, the journal section could contain post with photos, videos or very long posts. If it becomes a backup platform for all the people doing our work it could fill up the space on the servers.

So the publicity of the journal section keeps not serious people at bay.

Feedback for @Leo Gura 

Edited by Superfluo

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

20 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Such short answers are already what the poll is here for .

If you are going to comment ..please clarify why do you think we should/shouldn't have this subforum.

No need.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)