Raze

The Supreme Court may overturn Roe v Wade according to leak

161 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Firstly, you gotta make sure to keep working on yourself and embody a positive and constructive outlook.

Then, you can do all sorts of stuff like vote, volunteer, donate, organize, protest, educate, and even run for office.

@Leo GuraI dont know of too many successful polticians that embody higher levels of spiral dynamics. It seems like individuals at higher levels of spiral dynamics don't fair too well in politics, at least at the higher levels of politics e.g. Bernie is a rare one and there's a reason he didnt take the primaries. We arent ready yet. Grassroots and local politics is viable, but senate and presidency, seems like a pipe dream. 

Edited by WisdomSeeker

2 minutes ago, WisdomSeeker said:

@Leo GuraI dont know of too many successful polticians that embody higher levels of spiral dynamics. It seems like individuals at higher levels of spiral dynamics don't fair too well in politics, at least at the higher levels of politics e.g. Bernie is a rare one and there's a reason he didnt take the primaries. We arent ready yet. Grassroots and local politics is viable, but senate and presidency, seems like a pipe dream. 

There's a lot of work to do for building a conscious society than just electing stage Yellow+ politicians.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There's a lot of work to do for building a conscious society than just electing stage Yellow+ politicians. 

@Leo Gura That's a fair answer. I think we still have to get to Green first. 

Edited by WisdomSeeker

9 minutes ago, 8gates said:

@Leo Gura leo is the fact that roe v wade was overturned a sign that a majority of america is still mostly in the spiral dynamics blue territory?

Do you think a majority of america is more blue- orange     or   orange-green?

Definitely not green for majority of society.  

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

) That's what condoms are.

2) That's what vasectomy is.

3) The Pull out method. ?

1 hour ago, 8gates said:

@Leo Gura leo is the fact that roe v wade was overturned a sign that a majority of america is still mostly in the spiral dynamics blue territory?

No, it's a sign of Republican corruption and degeneracy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

1) That's what condoms are.

2) That's what vasectomy is.

Yes but now when condoms fail, women in some states no longer can get an abortion. Condoms are not perfect and they break and tear. 

And I know this happened in US, but I know it will have an affect in other countries as well. It all starts from the more developed countries and then it just spreads over time.  They already banned abortions on Poland (even before US). This trend will continue and I don't honestly know why the heck is this happening. Like aren't we supposed to make progress and not go back 50 years in time?

And as for vasectomy - most guys are not ready for that huge life altering step. Especially young guys. Most guys would love to be dads at some point, just not at that particular stage in their life. 

Edited by somegirl

14 minutes ago, somegirl said:

I don't honestly know why the heck is this happening. Like aren't we supposed to make progress and not go back 50 years in time?

Evolution is not linear, sometimes one step forward, results in 2 steps back and then three steps forward. 

I don't think this is as bad as most liberals think it is. 

1) It helps Dems in elections as they can be the pro choice party which most Americans support. 

2) It delegates responsibility to individual states. Dem states will maintain strong protections. Sure, Republican states will roll back rights but it's not gonna be a blanket ban in all those states (some yes). 

3) People still have options to travel. I know it's not easy for everyone but the option is there. Some may even find a way to obtain the pills even in states where abortion is prohibited (most abortions are early stage). 

This is more a wake-up call for Dems rather than the end of the world.

10 minutes ago, somegirl said:

And as for vasectomy - most guys are not ready for that huge life altering step. Especially young guys. Most guys would love to be dads at some point, just not at that particular stage in their life. 

Being that access to other forms of birth control is going to be next up on the chopping block, I'd strongly encourage men who either are finished having or are sure they don't want kids to consider getting a vasectomy. 

I had one in my mid twenties, and I'm glad I did. 

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

24 minutes ago, Stovo said:

I don't think this is as bad as most liberals think it is. 

1) It helps Dems in elections as they can be the pro choice party which most Americans support. 

2) It delegates responsibility to individual states. Dem states will maintain strong protections. Sure, Republican states will roll back rights but it's not gonna be a blanket ban in all those states (some yes). 

3) People still have options to travel. I know it's not easy for everyone but the option is there. Some may even find a way to obtain the pills even in states where abortion is prohibited (most abortions are early stage). 

This is more a wake-up call for Dems rather than the end of the world.

Leaving abortion up to the States is a temporary holding action, as all signs point towards a federal abortion ban over the next 5 to 10 years.

So yeah, it's not only as bad as we were predicting but far worse as most of the Rights extended to Americans over the last half century are poised to be overturned including access to birth control as well as a broad array of civil liberties that this christio-fascist Supreme Court considers to be 'phony'. They openly signaled as much as part of the briefing on Roe v. Wade.

Edited by DocWatts

17 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Being that access to other forms of birth control is going to be next up on the chopping block, I'd strongly encourage men who either are finished having or are sure they don't want kids to consider getting a vasectomy. 

I had one in my mid twenties, and I'm glad I did. 

Vasectomy is not a good option for guys in general. Some may end up regretting the decision down the line.

There has to be other male birth control options available, which, in 2022, there still are only two. And there are 153638 options for women, most of them including some sort of pain, bleeding, altering of the hormones etc.

I mean it's just ridiculous. What's even worse is that women settle for pills and then complain how badly they affect them (duh). We should collectively boycott these pills. 

Edited by somegirl

9 minutes ago, somegirl said:

Vasectomy is not a good option for guys in general. Some may end up regretting the decision down the line.

There has to be other male birth controls available, which, in 2022, there still are only two options. And there are 153638 options for women, most of them including some sort of pain, bleeding, altering of the hormones etc.

I mean it's just ridiculous. What's even worse is that women settle for pills and then complain how badly they affect them (duh). We should collectively boycott these pills. 

You can have your sperm frozen when you get a vasectomy so you can still have the option available later in life.

Being forced to have a child that you're not ready for and can't take care of is by any reasonable measure far worse than the chance that someone might get a vasectomy and then want kids later in life, since there are other options available to men who are infertile.

But other than that I totally agree with you, that there should be more BC options available for men.

Edited by DocWatts

18 hours ago, Yarco said:

That feel when Dems don't get their way and reveal themselves to be no better than Jan 6ers

Horseshoe theory at its finest

The people on both sides are both hypocrites. Every human by nature is a hypocrite. Human nature is hypocritical, realizing this is actually a part of God realization. You know how reality is a paradox? So is human nature, so is your behavior, so is mine. Upon close examination every human being at one times has engaged in self-sabotage. Self-sabotage is hypocritical. At some time we all have given great advice...that we haven't followed.

So once this realization comes to the forefront, then who are we to judge others....we have the same issues. Its called alignment. And the whole point of Spirituality is to become in alignment, not just energetically but in everything. So speak and act in alignment, that is when we jump out of being a hypocrite and self-sabotage and enter into congruence/alignment. 

So yeah them acting like this I already knew it would happen.  John F. Kennedy quote "“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Apparently, not enough Americans seem to either not care or realize how much both the corporate lobbyists and the Republican Party have been continuously eroding our democracy. Do you think that that means that maybe a majority of Americans actually are okay with having the rich, corporations, and right-wing authoritarianism taking over our country?

Do you think that we will one day have another Progressive era like around the 1890s to early 1900s, where most Americans will finally get so enraged by the wealthy, corporations, and right-wing extremism in America, that the people will finally decide that it's time elected leaders who will bring historic progressive reform both socially and economically like Teddy Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, and the early 1900's Congress did?

Edited by Hardkill

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But it is their right not to allow abortions in their states, Is not this what democracy about? I hate that it got turned but at the same time I feel it is more aligned with democracy to allow banning abortions in some states where people want that.

14 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

But it is their right not to allow abortions in their states, Is not this what democracy about? I hate that it got turned but at the same time I feel it is more aligned with democracy to allow banning abortions in some states where people want that.

By that logic the Southern States were equally justified when a majority of voters in those States decided that black people shouldn't be granted civil or political rights.

Human rights can and should be prioritized over the legislative agendas of State governments.

Edited by DocWatts

6 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

By that logic the Southern States were equally justified when a majority of voters in those States decided that black people shouldn't be granted civil or political rights.

Human rights can and should be prioritized over the legislative agendas of State governments.

It is also more aligned with democracy if people wanted to enslave each other to allow them to do so, this is what democracy means, but if you keep pushing the line of differnece in beliefs and thoughts, You will end up in a civil war or divison of the country into multiple countries. The civil war that happened was not aligned with democaracy but more with authoritarian rule. I think dividing the country was a better solution or maybe not, who knows?

Edited by LSD-Rumi