Realms of Wonder

How Does Music Positively impact Your Consciousness and Life?

22 posts in this topic

Music is the medium through which I express my life purpose. For years now, I have been contemplating how I want to impact people with music, and here is a list I have compiled. Bold ones are the most important to me. 

Music that...

Is a shared experience.

Is a Solo Experience.

Is a co-creation, Music and Listener.

Takes people on a journey, of creation and discovery.

Is an emotional and traumatic release.

Deepens awareness.

Guides the processing of trauma, difficult emotions, and suffering.

Ignites a direct experience of our true nature.

Is a guide during psychedelic experiences.

Is an anthem of love.

Is an anthem of personal growth/spirituality/philosophy.

Shows how to process difficulty, emotions, trauma, and so on, how to love and accept them.

Shows how to change.

Is a lullaby of truth.

Is a way to access God.

Reminds people of truth.

Gives people the strength to face themselves and truth.

Guides people to a deeper understanding of their authentic self/true nature.

Show Gods perspective.

Shows their self through Gods Eyes.

Frees people's minds.

Encourages dance and physical expression.

Guides integration of insights, change, and difficulty.

Is a direct connection to God.

is Awe-Inspiring

Connects to the beauty of God.

What positive effects of music have you experienced that are not mentioned here? 

I'd love some feedback, what do you think?

Edited by Realms of Wonder
Additional points

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

@Realms of Wonder That's a wonderful life purpose you've got there!

For me, music has always been that one true friend that never turned its back on me. It helped me in my darkest moments and made me feel less lonely.

Wish you the best of luck on your journey! ^_^

5 minutes ago, Mz Hyde said:

@Realms of Wonder For me, music has always been that one true friend that never turned its back on me. It helped me in my darkest moments and made me feel less lonely.

I love that! Music is always there isn't it? When we have a rough day, or a great day, or any type of moment, music is always there when we need it. It really IS a friend, constant, supportive, giving, it listens, gives advice, its everything. 

Thanks for that, Music that... Is a friend. may make this list ;) 

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

1 hour ago, Realms of Wonder said:

What positive effects of music have you experienced that are not mentioned here? 

Stimulation.

That's literally the only reason I listen to music.  Couldn't care less about whatever the artist wants to "say", or what emotions they expect me to "feel".  I want music, not some teen's melodramatic/edgy poetry about love.

Edited by thisintegrated

Imagination.  Ease difficult times.  Get into flow.  Change mood.  Get silly.  Belly dancing haha.  Inspirational.

1 hour ago, thisintegrated said:

Stimulation.

That's literally the only reason I listen to music.  Couldn't care less about whatever the artist wants to "say", or what emotions they expect me to "feel".  I want music, not some teen's melodramatic/edgy poetry about love.

Interesting! I know you made your point already, but I want to understand completely.

Is there any part of your desire to listen to music that is driven by anything other than stimulation? Or is that all? 

what about music designed to for mystical experience? Would that still be lumped in with everything else? 

46 minutes ago, PepperBlossoms said:

Imagination.  Ease difficult times.  Get into flow.  Change mood.  Get silly.  Belly dancing haha.  Inspirational.

Those are all awesome, I especially like the bold ones. Thanks for your perspective! 

1 minute ago, Realms of Wonder said:

Interesting! I know you made your pint already, but I want tinder stand completely.

Is there any part of your desire to listen to music that is driven by anything other than stimulation? Or is that all? 

No stimulation = it's just poetry

I do enjoy epic music in epic moments in stories, but epic music is inherently stimulating.  Dark, deep, in minor or with accidentals, usually.

I also like intense/unique emotion in music, but that's also only good because intensity (of any kind) is inherently stimulating.

Tons of healing work, helped in part in discovering the nature of reality…

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

7 hours ago, Mz Hyde said:

@Realms of Wonder That's a wonderful life purpose you've got there!

For me, music has always been that one true friend that never turned its back on me. It helped me in my darkest moments and made me feel less lonely.

I totally agree with this. Music has helped me through some of the darkest times. It's like a drug that doesn't have any side effects, doesn't make you addicted, and you can enjoy without building up a tolerance. Like some psychedelics? 

1 hour ago, Ninja_pig said:

I totally agree with this. Music has helped me through some of the darkest times. It's like a drug that doesn't have any side effects, doesn't make you addicted, and you can enjoy without building up a tolerance. Like some psychedelics? 

Haha, that's an amazing connection. 'Music =/= Psychedelics'

Music is very similar to psychedelics to me as well! and from a certain perspective, there IS no difference between music and anything else. 

Glad to hear that music has helped you through your journey :)

What kind of music has impacted you the most?

3 hours ago, Ninja_pig said:

No it is addictive like a drug

6 hours ago, Ninja_pig said:

I must agree with @Epikur on this one.. it's highly addictive, but I don't ever want to get off of it.

Some comment I copied:

Listening to music in the gym is too stimulating for me, it prevents me from reading law afterwards. So if I am not done with reading that day, I will train without. If I am done with reading I will train with. But "abstaining" from music in general was a life changer when it comes to productivity. And when you more occasionally listen to music it is better because of the principle of novelty.

listeni'g to music is good when you need high energy for exercising for example but some things like studying need concentration and you need to lower your energy to concentrate That's why scientists advise us to listen to calm music when studying like ambience asmr or relaxing violin sounds

Music is slowly healing my brain. 

Music brings comfort to my mind and heart. It always has. 

Music keeps me in a good mood that is crucial to my mental health. 

I had fever breakdowns since listening to music. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

It's a pattern.

I can step into the groove. It makes me dance. I can feel the rhythm and melody in my body.

it's a ride. It can take you away. It has vitality and can punch as hard as a storm or as soft as a flowing river.

It's moods captured by sounds.

Another positive effect is that I can play in a band to get some money and fuck more chicks. 

Relaxation , Novelty , emotions conveyed & received, socialization, conversation topics, study, Practicing guitar , Audeation and Visualization, just let loose

On 5/4/2022 at 0:02 PM, Preety_India said:

Music is slowly healing my brain. 

Music brings comfort to my mind and heart. It always has. 

Music keeps me in a good mood that is crucial to my mental health. 

I had fever breakdowns since listening to music. 

What music boosts your mood/mindset the most?

On 5/4/2022 at 8:23 PM, SgtPepper said:

It's a pattern.

I can step into the groove. It makes me dance. I can feel the rhythm and melody in my body.

it's a ride. It can take you away. It has vitality and can punch as hard as a storm or as soft as a flowing river.

It's moods captured by sounds.

Beautifully put.

If you had to sum music up in one word, what would it be?