Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jon_Bundesen

How to know if you should change life purpose?

6 posts in this topic

I've gone through a lot of the course and found engineering to be something I'm quite passionate about but lately, I haven't really been feeling it and not working on the course (for like 3 weeks) I guess it's because of the fear of how hard it's going to be to accomplish something great.

Life purpose statement: To envision and design groundbreaking inventions

Since I'm not working on the life purpose course I really got into producing music and I can literally spend hours doing that sh*t but I just feel like I could achieve something greater with engineering than producing music.

There's LEVELS to this shit!!!

Is there a combination/synthesis of the two you're not seeing?

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

Maybe but related to engineering would be creating things like Elon Musk that's more what I'm envisioning.

I have looked at the possibility of engineering something new related to music an example could be inventing a program like auto-tune which is a genius invention that got created out of already existing possibilities but, to be honest, I feel more intrigued by inventing things like Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, Leonardo da Vinci invented more physical we could say.

If you haven't finished the course, then you haven't solidified your life purpose yet.

You really need to do all of the "Making It Real" section to bring it all together, inspire yourself, and put it into action.

If you can't bring yourself to finish a 30 hour course, how do you think you're going to focus on your life purpose for the rest of your life?

Remember some of the lessons from earlier in the course... go back and re-watch them if you have to: Accept The Cost, Accept Drudgery.

Even if engineering is your true life purpose, there are still going to be days where working on it sucks.

Your problem might not be your life purpose, but productivity and motivation in general.

If your purpose is to be an inventor, then you have to act like an inventor. Can you be like Edison and fail at creating the lightbulb over 1,000 times before you finally succeed? Can you be like Elon and watch your rocket explode on landing 3x in a row, knowing you only have 1 shot left before your business goes bankrupt?

If music is your true passion then switch to music. But I suspect you'll find that it gets harder and harder to keep making better and better music too. 

@Yarco I see 9_9

Edited by Jon_Bundesen

On 02/05/2022 at 8:11 PM, Jon_Bundesen said:

I've gone through a lot of the course and found engineering to be something I'm quite passionate about but lately, I haven't really been feeling it and not working on the course (for like 3 weeks) I guess it's because of the fear of how hard it's going to be to accomplish something great.

Life purpose statement: To envision and design groundbreaking inventions

Since I'm not working on the life purpose course I really got into producing music and I can literally spend hours doing that sh*t but I just feel like I could achieve something greater with engineering than producing music.

Both engineering or music can be your life purpose. It really just comes down to figuring out exactly what you want. The life of an engineer is very different to the life of a music producer. Think about the actuality of the job, of the day-to-day life, the financial situation etc. So which do you want?

And don't forget that passion comes later after all the hard work. Don't expect to be deeply passionate about something before you've barely started. It can definitely be the case, but it usually comes after.

Producing music is a veeery saturated market these days. The hard truth is that you're gonna struggle to make it into anything substantial. It's definitely possible. But you gotta be 100% in it. Like truly 100%, otherwise you'll give up.

So my advice is: 1) focus on engineering with music production on the side, or 2) pick something else, with music production on the side.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski