8gates

Is materialistic success inversely proportional to consiousness level?

20 posts in this topic

Hello guys.im new here and this is my first post.im a big fan of actualized.

I was wondering if the lower consiouse someone is the easier it is for them to be materialistically succesful (eg-women,money,power etc)

Eg-take trump for example.leo has said in videos that trump is stage reddish.

Yet he has millions of dollars,has dated multiple model calibre women and has alot of power(literally was probably the most powerful man in the world as potus).

Another example is this guy

AndrewTate11.png

Whenever someone critisizes this guy on twitter he wastes no time before bringing the critisizers entire family into the situation.i remember in one video of his(which is deleted on yt now)he said hes proud of that one of the girls he dumped got plastic surgery because he refused to have sex with her. I assume hes stage red or orange

Is there something to the idea that the lower consious you are the easier it is for you to accumilate materialistic things?

Edit-guys is there a relationship between intelligence and consiousness?the 2nd guy was a chess champion at one point and seems to be quite smart.     Is it possible to be highly intelligent but still unloving,unconsious and hurt others?

It is easier to succeed if you sacrifice your morals.

You are less likely to care about being very rich when you are more conscious.

But if you integrated your lower needs properly you should still have easier time getting rich (in an ethical manner) than the average person.

Acquiring power requires desiring power. The most conscious people have no desire for power. The same applies to the highest levels of wealth and sex.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Inverted bell curve.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Acquiring power requires desiring power. The most conscious people have no desire for power. The same applies to the highest levels of wealth and sex.

But what's the problem with highly conscious person wanting it just for fun? What else you get to do after you've awoken after all, why not become an awake conscious billionaire?

25 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

But what's the problem with highly conscious person wanting it just for fun? What else you get to do after you've awoken after all, why not become an awake conscious billionaire?

You must learn to not be dependent on these things.  If you always had them you'd never have a reason to aim for independence, which is the only way to achieve true, unconditional, happiness.

Edited by thisintegrated

18 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Fundamentally because the desire and the drive to bring it to fruition won't be there. Do you realize the level of mental craziness it would take to be Elon or Bezos?? Otherwise, I would say that it is materialistic lust justifying itself through awakening. 

14 minutes ago, PenguinPablo said:

Fundamentally because the desire and the drive to bring it to fruition won't be there. Do you realize the level of mental craziness it would take to be Elon or Bezos?? Otherwise, I would say that it is materialistic lust justifying itself through awakening. 

But how about becoming woke? Doesn't it also require a huge amount of desire and ambition to pull it off? 

52 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Because to acquire that billion you will have to behave in toxic and dysfunctional ways which will seem repugnant to you once you're highly conscious. That billion will not be worth the debasement of consciousness which will be necessary to acquire it.

@Leo Gura What percentage of current billionaires/pop-singers/celebrities do you consider truly happy? Just a rough estimate.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

@Husseinisdoingfine

My estimate would be zero. Depends on what you mean by "truly happy", but if you consider awakening a prerequisite for true (unconditional) happiness, surely the answer can only be zero. I am sure some of those celebrities are more (relatively) happy than others. But if you don't even know who/what you are, and you have a lot of attachements, I guess you are bound to behave in toxic, misguided ways which will never lead to true happiness. Interested what Leo has to say about this though.

2 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@Leo Gura What percentage of current billionaires/pop-singers/celebrities do you consider truly happy? Just a rough estimate.

How can you expect me to answer such a silly question?

3 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

A person who has realized their God and has the ability that comes with that at their disposal....can create whatever sensation they want. The biggest secret of you being God is you created everything....so you can literally manifest whatever you want in your mind an experience it. There is literally no difference between dreaming of having sex with the best looking women than actually going about and doing it within the waking dream. Your higher self shows you that there is no difference between then dreams you have in your sleep and what you think is real. When you actually experience it....it blows your mind. You have never needed anything because you ARE IT!!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

To massively overgeneralize, there's three outcomes to this question.

The first two are Game A:

Unconscious person who takes manipulates and uses people (Win / Lose).

Unconscious person who gets manipulated and used (Lose / Win).

Essentially, a narcissist needs a co-dependent. They go together. When you're the narcissist, you may on the surface achieve a lot of material success, but it will usually come at great costs to yourself and others. And it will usually not be all that satisfying. So on the surface you're winning, but really you're losing. Trump IMO is a good example of this.

When you're the co-dependent, you get to seem like a better person but you still get taken advantage of. You get neither material success or happiness.

The third option is the Game B option. This when two conscious people get together and create Win / Win situations. Here, some level of material success is indeed possible for both parties. But it will not be an extremely unequal / exploitative dynamic.

Some people find Game B unrealistic, but the reality is those are your only two options. You either play Game B, or you're playing Game A by default. There is no Game C where needs and desires do not exist. There is only meeting those needs and desires in a healthier way.

The issue of course is how to define what is truly Game B or not. This case-by-case basis question, and it's not always obvious. People can think they are playing Game B when they're really not.

"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

It seems as though, there is something to be said about this.
Our society is built in such an unusual way. A way that allows those with very little compassion and insight, to be the facilitators of change.
That change, often leading and driven by a very limited type of selfishness.
And for those that have some type of passion to create a society that would allow more equality of abundance, seem to often acquiesce to the pressures that these facilitators demand of them. In this manner, the devil is quite persuasive.

Not to bring up Jesus again, but he too had that very choice of being corrupted like this and chose not to. As did the Buddha! That is the choice, I trust you all make as well if you ever arrive in such a position. Conscious folks make wealth only to meet their need, not their greed. But, when it comes to selling our soul, we have to make the utmost effort not to concede to a lower consciousness, if ever given the choice.

For some mystics, it seems rather admirable that they did not even touch money at all. While, this is of course, is not necessary for anyone to obtain a higher consciousness, they did so— as an example of the value and bliss of God over anything material.

Edited by Rokazulu

I would say that materialistic success is actually positively correlated with consciousness level. Look at how the average spiral dynamics stage of a country correlates with the per - capita income of the country. More security, more education, higher quality of life, less time spent working, these things help you become more conscious and also come from wealth. As for people who have obscene amounts of wealth, say the top 0.5% of earners in the United States, wealth can only do so much. After a point wealth is just a number and it won't help you increase your consciousness.

@Ninja_pig kinda sorta not really.

consider that the stage that is all about material success is stage orange which is basically "me focused". It's about your own personal success. It can be win-lose, win-win, depending on the set-up of your strategy / approach but bottom line is "me" wins. 

But what about green where the point is altruism, or even turquoise where it's about awakening, unlikely you'll get rich when your focus isn't that.

Unless you're Eckhart Tolle and even then Im sure he was surrounded by a lot of business savvy types that contributed to his success with Power of Now.

Once you're awake you can dance at any stage.

Having said that, I see so many spiritually wealthy people who don't pursue material wealth and I also see so many materially wealthy people who have no clue about spirituality. But correlation doesn't mean causation because one can be at the highest stage and yet play the money game or the dating game consciously and lovingly.

There is something called healthy expression of desires and needs. Aim for this. and then after that, comes transcendence. Aim for that too. The person you mentioned in your post is most likely expressing his desires in a toxic and unhealthy way which ironically doesn't produce happiness or joy. Don't be fooled by apperances. Women and money mean nothing if you cannot enjoy them.

Aim for healthy expression and trascnedence. Don't repress desires and don't express them in unhealthy ways.