Gnosis

Dreams Of Obscure Domains In Consciousness

16 posts in this topic

I've had a dream of dying.

I've had a dream of an enlightenment experience.

I've had a dream of giant multi-colored tigers, running to me, one of them snatching me, and running away with me clenched in it's jaws. All of these, were extremely believable while I was having the dreams, and in some cases very vivid as well. 

And then I woke up.

What I've learned is that consciousness can give you a simulated experience of anything you subconsciously believe.

I didn't have these dreams all in the same night, I'm not even sure if I can handle that.

On some level, I even think that my meta-belief of believing that consciousness will give you a simulated experience of what you believe has contributed to these obscure dreams where I indeed am being given a simulated experience of those things. 

My question is, how deep does the rabbit hole go? And where does it end. Perhaps I've just re-framed my subconscious mind so much now that I'll now regularly dream about obscure domains in consciousness. 

Also, I was wondering if anyone has had a similar dream with the last dream I mentioned. Something about it makes me think that others might've had the same dream. The multi-colored tigers behaved more like conscious beings than typical dream entities. Their appearance and behavior was unexpected to say the least, and not coherent with the current dream scene at all. 

Have had some really obscure strange ones in the past that were very vivid, too.  Like being alive, awake and everything with experiences that have never happened before.

Have not had one with muticoloured tigers, though.

When I'm half-lucid in a dream, I often try to tell people and convince them that we're in a dream, but they think I'm crazy and what I say is non-sense.

I bet the same story would happen to someone who is enlightened, and want to share her/his insights to the world, too abruptly, or by just explaining it with words.

I tend now to think that our lives, are "dreams" and that our consciousness is limited to 1 version/1 dream, while many other "you" and entities are experiencing several stuff at the same time, or a different levels/planes, and everything is connected, it's pure data-flowing.

In one of those dreams where I try to convince people that we are in a dream, some characters seems to know the situation, some tried to help me becoming more lucid by being more aware/mindful of certain things/details. Once, while trying to tell people that we're in a dream, someone who seemed aware of the situation, looked at me and laugh like "aha, beginner's mistake".

Once I've seen someone who also seemed living it's own life, independently from my dream, and I felt this person was just traveling from dreams to dreams (into the mind of random people in the world) just for fun.

I've seen an animal once, a sort of dog/wolf, all black with red eyes, despite it's scary appearance it felt noble and magic like you know ancient mythology + aware of itself. As I was sleeping, it arrived, looked at me few seconds and left the scene. This was not a regular dream, I couldn't explain why, it felt different.

Well, dreams are fascinating (sorry for my so-so english)

Edited by Soulbass

The interaction with others in dreams is usually fuzzy for me, not so detailed & mysterious, that's fascinating. And having another dream-hopper enter your dream sounds like it could be the basis for a good movie or book, very strange!

When dreams become as real as waking experience, it ceases to be a dream, its called Astral Projection.

I guess everyone here knows what it is. You start receiving data from different areas of "creation" instead of our habitual connection to just one area. It all shows that the consciousness has infinite capacity for creation.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

I don't know much of anything, holee. I thought dreaming was dreaming and that reality was physical, go figure! Just when ya thought stuff couldn't get more strange or fascinating. 

19 minutes ago, brovakhiin said:

Huh, that's kind of unnerving

It is indeed. Can people use this skill to haunt you in your dreams? Like annoy you for purpose, so you won't forget about them or to unnerve you? Is there a way to protect your dreams from travelers? Also, how can you travel to other peoples dreams yourself?

Edited by Old Soul

Here's my key; Philosophy. A freak like me just needs Infinity.

1 hour ago, brovakhiin said:

Nah I think it's just your subconscious. It can come up with all kinds of characters.

Who knows. I mean, how can you be sure ?

Remember latest Leo's video on epistemology and how we are fooling ourselves about assumptions ?

Edited by Soulbass

9 hours ago, brovakhiin said:

Dreams are fascinating.

Indeed. I'm very open to the possibility of conscious entities traversing dreams.

13 hours ago, Old Soul said:

It is indeed. Can people use this skill to haunt you in your dreams? Like annoy you for purpose, so you won't forget about them or to unnerve you?

Though, almost anything that will annoy or trigger you during hynogogia or REM is going to correspond to something unresolved in the subconscious. So that possibility is slim. Not to say impossible, but the possibility of a unpleasant hynogogic or REM experience being some kind of psychic attack is slim.

Edited by Gnosis

"The Universe is a dream dreamed by a single dreamer where all the dream characters dream too." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

When I was about age 20, a strange thing happened in the middle of the night. I felt the top half of my body lifted into the upright position and the whole room was white, light in every direction and the room was gone. Then I felt every memory I had being searched almost at random, searching, searching searching. It had the feeling of someone else searching, I wasn't in control of it yet I was getting more and more mentally exhausted as it was using my faculties to do the search. I didn't know how to stop it, in the end I shouted, "I believe in God" or something like that, and the light did go and I was so exhausted I fell back into the bed and into a deep sleep. In the morning I recalled it immediately but couldn't believe whether it was true or not.

On 1/30/2017 at 5:26 AM, FirstglimpseOMG said:

If you can become lucid within the dream, maybe hop on one of those tigers for a ride. 

The getting snatched by a tiger actually triggered lucidity. But by the time I was lucid enough the dream scene had shifted to a different location, and the tigers weren't there anymore. 

@Neo That's quite incredible, I reckon if we had more experiences like that we'd be certain they occurred.

The rabbit hole goes very deep. You can experience things you cannot even imagine from a human perspective. I once became fully lucid in a dream and I was a leaf floating through the air. For the first time I felt what it was like to be that group of living cells and feeling outside forces interacting with that form.. Trees, leaves or any cell in general doesn't have a big conciousness but they do experience feelings otherwise they cannot interact with the world and would die. Looking from the perspective of a leaf you feel it's internal structure or being and also cold or heat and where to contract for example the stomata. Yes.. It was really weird, I know. :D