AuroraDream

Your Truth

7 posts in this topic

Your truth is your truth, and its beautiful, always, and deserves the understanding and validation it needs until you're ready to move on and continue your journey of learning.

But what I'm learning is that we should try not to make our truth somebody else truth, because we think we know them. 

That's why I believe people in this world are so angry, tired, aggravated, defensive, and mean. People are tired of other people deciding what's true, right and wrong, for someone else. So then they do it to others to get back at them, and get the energy out of themselves, but then they become the new perceived mean ones, rather than victims of this, and then its a new cycle.

I can already see so much joy and bliss from just giving people space and allowing them to think for themselves, decide for themselves, figure out for themselves what works, and allowing that for each other in a respectful manner   : ) 

"You're doing it wrong" - God   ; ) 

This is really a great post. Giving others their space rather than assuming things 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

13 hours ago, AuroraDream said:

Your truth is your truth, and its beautiful, always, and deserves the understanding and validation it needs until you're ready to move on and continue your journey of learning.

But what I'm learning is that we should try not to make our truth somebody else truth, because we think we know them. 

That's why I believe people in this world are so angry, tired, aggravated, defensive, and mean. People are tired of other people deciding what's true, right and wrong, for someone else. So then they do it to others to get back at them, and get the energy out of themselves, but then they become the new perceived mean ones, rather than victims of this, and then its a new cycle.

I can already see so much joy and bliss from just giving people space and allowing them to think for themselves, decide for themselves, figure out for themselves what works, and allowing that for each other in a respectful manner   : ) 

"You're doing it wrong" - God   ; ) 

Wow.. very perceptive. Well done ??????

There is a weird area with this.

If your friend says they want to suicide (or kill someone else), do you let them do it because that it their truth they think is right or talk them out of it?

If the politician is considering makes your psychedelics illegal, your gay relationships illegal, your female right to have a bank account illegal, forced military work, do you not speak up?

If your parent's truth is that you cannot date your partner unless your partner convert's to the same religion as your parent, do you not speak up?

So again, there is a fuzzy line here.  On the absolute scale, sure anyone can think whatever.  On the relative scale though, we will still want to convert others to our truth, especially when their truth is dangerous to our survival.  (Even the idea, let's not convert others to our truth and just let them have theirs - well even that is a truth one is having and telling others to have).

If our partner is doing something that we think is harmful to the relationship but they think it is okay, we will still try to convince them of our truth to either better understand theirs or to try to get them to adopt ours.  We will tend to inspire others to pursue their truths when they are in line with our truths and will tend to talk them out of it when it is not.

But debate is good sport, and very healthy for the mind.  We should disagree, debate, and try to find the truth.  And if being doubted makes someone angry, that's great!  Every opportunity to fix ego problems should be welcomed.  When two mature people debate, it's fun!  It's really disappointing when someone refuses to debate, and just pretends to agree.  It's rude and just creates distance and mistrust.

Very rarely is "my truth" different to someone else's "truth".  There may be many different perspectives, but truths are objective.  "killing is wrong" and "killing is right" may, by some, be considered "personal truths", but they're just perspectives, with the objective truth here being "it depends", followed by a long essays, as the truth is usually complicated.  

Edited by thisintegrated

@PepperBlossoms exactly!! This is what I'm talking about. The plotician for example is imposing his  truth of psychedlics are wrong and gay relationships are wrong onto you, or the people, and taking that freedom away. He's now making his right and wrongs, your right and wrongs, and if you don't obey you get in trouble.... now how fair is that? Not very. Speaking up and saying thats not fair and fighting for your truth is totally fair here id say. 

@thisintegrated right i agree we should debate. All im saying is if I come and tell you hey this is my truth and its also true for you too weather you like it or not.... because i know..... and i know myself more than you know yourself therefore I know you and your truths too... then thats where I have an issue and am trying to adress that. This type of talk is something I think we should try to avoid if we want to learn to get along with people moving forward. Its all about how we say something rather than what we say. 

7 hours ago, A Fellow Lighter said:

Wow.. very perceptive. Well done ??????

Thanks ?