Gennadiy1981

Are psychedelics dangerous

10 posts in this topic

https://youtu.be/gF4bDlpuqKU

Hi everyone, I am a big promoter of psychedelics as I truly think they are divine gift to humanity to open our spiritual path and I have been promoting different retreats such as ayahuasca retreats though I am doing that on voluntarily basis. When people ask me about ayahuasca medicine itself, I tell them that it’s totally safe (of course when taking they should be off all medications and only do in circles that are trusted). But then someone forwarded me this video, I am pasting above, and wanted to get all your opinions on it. I don’t want to brush this video as a a fake news video, I am not trying to be bias, though I fully support psychedelics, but when listening to Leo’s videos, he teaches us to have open mind and listen to both sides of the stories. 

So excluding dangers that can happen during ceremonies such as rape, fights and other violence, the psychedelics themselves, can they be dangerous to peoples’ health such as stated in the video? The person in the video claims that they happen more often than not. I personally don’t. Want to believe but I want to get your opinions and especially what can Leo say on it.

What is not dangerous in this Reality?

Welcome to earth.

Purity of medicine is always going to be an issue. Due diligence is key. Dosage is key.

Ceremonies tend to be corrupted by egoes. The problem with group is when energies open up it will be difficult to be authentic. Facilitators could also be devils at times. That's why taking change is important.

Life by itself is one-giant psychedelics experience.

The Enthegen life is a dance. Dance with the medicine. 

If you are not dancing with the medicine what are you doing? 

Take care of Set & Setting & Dosage, and you will be okay.

Have you checked out Leo's videos on this topic? He has one on the dangers of psychedelics and one about his worst trips

Thanks for the answer. Again I am totally for psychedelics because they truly can open up a person’s spiritual path.

So as far health wise, it won’t have huge side effects that perhaps I should not recommend to people. I am excluding all other exterior issues, just the medicine itself? Because I hear most of positive outcomes. Meaning can they do a damage to a complete healthy person? That’s what I was asked by someone and I prefer to give them an honest answer.

Ohh absolutely i think theyre dangerous. They can also be great. Results vary, I've heard of people being able to cure a lifelong issue in one session of aya where nothing else worked. I've also heard of people having negative lingering effects from aya months later. 

For me mdma worked amazing for me and my healing and well being. For other people mdma can make them seriously depressed after the fact and completely disrupt their mental health, where for someone like me it improved. Results vary! I think the potential for pros and cons of psychedelics should be made more more aware for people, and people should be easy on themselves and careful when exploring psych. 

They can be extremely frightening. If every psychedelic caused people to react like Salvia extract, people would not be riding them so hard. And it is possible to react that way.

If you go to a ceremony, double check if the Organisator knows his craft. 

There are many young, inexperienced people out there who call themselfe shamans after a hand full of psychedelic experiences. Glad I double checked

@Gennadiy1981

Generally speaking, if a person is physically healthy, they will be okay.

Assuming that the ayahuasca drink is legit and made well, and dosages are reasonable and thoughtful, then yeah its 100% safe physiologically. 

But it appears to me the gentleman in the video was referring to psychedelics being psychologically challenging and yes it can be psychologically challenging even to 'healthy' people. 

The thing is, going to a foreign country to take ayahuasca with unfamiliar symbols and music is completely different than chilling your pad listening to your favorite songs on 3g of mushrooms. It's much more of your interest to take care of set, setting, and dosage than it is to concern yourself how healthy you are.

so its safe if you are healthy and take care of your set, setting, and dosage.

As long as you don't have schizophrenia gene, bipolar disorder, really bad childhood trauma, you will likely be alright... Not saying these individuals cannot take them, but it's outside my experience to know if they can handle it.. 

Edited by SgtPepper

Thanks so much all of you, I feel now more comfortable keep promoting to people and of course a word of warning would not hurt anyone.

Edited by Gennadiy1981