Hardkill

Does devilry always face some kind of punishment in the end?

15 posts in this topic

Ever since we were little kids, we've been taught that every negative or unethical behavior will result in some kind of negative consequences, one way or another in due time. Leo of course has mentioned before that any act of devilry may work in the short-run, but will eventually become self-defeating in the long-run.

However, why have there been many examples of people who have committed several acts of devilry but never pay a price for it or get its comeuppance. For instance, former president Bush and everyone within his entire administration never had to face any accountability for their war crimes and disastrous mismanagement of the country. How about Ronald Reagan, Republicans, and neoliberals never had to pay for all of their policies they enacted which caused the decades long atmosphere of greed, selfishness, private tyranny, economic inequality and deregulation, fiscal irresponsibility with military spending, excess, neglect for those in need, exacerbation of systemic racism, and more?

Why are legal experts say that it's increasingly looking like now that Trump may not ever be indicted let alone convicted for any of the crimes he has ever committed? 

Also, weren't there many tyrannical kings and queens and corrupt clergymen in history who never got what they deserved?

Edited by Hardkill

The act of devilry is its own punishment. What you radiate, you attract.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

12 minutes ago, SamC said:

The act of devilry is its own punishment. What you radiate, you attract.

So what? You think that Reagan, Bush, Trump, neoliberals, bad rulers and clergymen really care who they attract?

Edited by Hardkill

I believe Leo did address this in a video, my mind is kind of blurry on this but it goes something like:

There's no actual 'karma' per say of like if you commit a devilry act, that your car breaks down or something.

The 'karma' you pay is in your mind.  In your thoughts, you have to carry that around with you like a massive anvil.  Just non-stop thinking and thinking and thinking about it.  It'll never end.

Not necessarily in the end. It might only become more noticeable in the end. Any "punishment" is an inherent consequence of the devilry or ideology they hold.

Think about all the complications that are created for someone who successfully robs a bank. You really think they are going to live a sustainably happy life? It's such a limiting and unsustainable way to live.

13 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

So what? You think that Reagan, Bush, Trump, neoliberals, bad rulers and clergymen really care who they attract?

It doesn't really matter if they care or don't care. They don't have to be aware or conscious that they are limiting themselves or causing suffering to themselves. A lot of times suffering is unconsciously inflicted upon oneself.

45 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Also, weren't there many tyrannical kings and queens and corrupt clergymen in history who never got what they deserved?

How do you determine what exactly people deserve? Who or what is determining that? A lot of this is just your ego projecting what it wants to happen to other people. It's a flimsy metric.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

19 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

I believe Leo did address this in a video, my mind is kind of blurry on this but it goes something like:

There's no actual 'karma' per say of like if you commit a devilry act, that your car breaks down or something.

The 'karma' you pay is in your mind.  In your thoughts, you have to carry that around with you like a massive anvil.  Just non-stop thinking and thinking and thinking about it.  It'll never end.

16 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Not necessarily in the end. It might only become more noticeable in the end. Any "punishment" is an inherent consequence of the devilry or ideology they hold.

Think about all the complications that are created for someone who successfully robs a bank. You really think they are going to live a sustainably happy life? It's such a limiting and unsustainable way to live.

It doesn't really matter if they care or don't care. They don't have to be aware or conscious that they are limiting themselves or causing suffering to themselves. A lot of times suffering is unconsciously inflicted upon oneself.

How do you determine what exactly people deserve? Who or what is determining that? A lot of this is just your ego projecting what it wants to happen to other people. It's a flimsy metric.

sociopaths, malignant narcissists, and true psychopaths have no remorse or guilt at all for anything they do. They also enjoy the thrill and rush of power of committing all sorts of crimes. So, why would they have any thoughts in their mind that will ever feel like a serious burden to them? 

Read up on history. Many kings, queens, and members of the clergy lived long lives without ever having to pay for their crimes. The Borgia Pope during the Renaissance era lived a life of god-like status and opulence until he was over 70 years old (which was well above the average life expectancy for any human despite all of the numerous despicable acts that he and his whole family committed. Same with Henry VIII. How about Putin at the age of 68, especially after all of the recent atrocities he has committed? 

Edited by Hardkill

It may be helpful to think about what kinds of things have necessary proportion and what kinds of things does not. Without including in this calculation that everything is ultimately proportionate in some dynamic and only interconnected way.

The reason that some things are relatively inproportionate yet of absolute proportion and other things are both of relative proportion and absolute proportion has to do with the ability to create units of measurement.

To do this you have to spontaneously identify something as indivisible, this is what intelligence does, all humans do this but only some are aware that they do. 

That which itself is indivisible yet potentially divided is also that of which every piece together is equal. The proportion then of heart and head, 0.3 and 0.7, the value of gold and the quantity of gold, distance and time, matter and energy are all of some commonality that coffee and purple, radiator and handle, political power and goodwill are not.

Well, now we are going back to the unit of measurement, it may be better to measure political power by goodwill than to measure it by purple clothes, but the proportion is irreducible to the two things only, such that the unit of measurement will actually exceed either together. 

So then is evil proportionate to consequences like gold is proportionate in value to quantity? It is, but only in the categorical range of possible consequences, it is not however proportionate in magnitude to the magnitude of negative consequences, for if it were then it would be impossible for Hitler merely to die.

The question therefore from here, is how predictable the proclivity for evil is to the kinds of consequences that you consider negative, this becomes very scientific even though I would agree that it is reasonable to hypothesize that in general the negativity does come in some return.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Just now, Hardkill said:

sociopaths, malignant narcissists, and true psychopaths have no remorse or guilt at all for anything they do. They also enjoy the thrill and rush of power of committing all sorts of crimes. So, why would they have any thoughts in their mind that will ever feel like a serious burden to them? 

Read up on history. Many kings, queens, and members of the clergy lived long lives without ever having to pay for their crimes. The Borgia Pope during the Renaissance era lived a life of god-like status and opulence until he was over 70 years old (which was well above the average life expectancy for any human despite all of the numerous despicable acts that he and his whole family committed. Same with Henry VIII.

Ok?  Lol.  So you're specifically talking about the extremes here and not across the board?

There are also the majority of "normal" people who do bad things and have to deal with such things in their mind.

6 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Ok?  Lol.  So you're specifically talking about the extremes here and not across the board?

There are also the majority of "normal" people who do bad things and have to deal with such things in their mind.

Yes, including all of those in elite positions.

How much suffering do you think people like Trump, Reagan, Bush, Cheney, Republicans, many other political leaders, many corrupted business leaders, have gone through or are going through?

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

Its not who they attract, it's what they attract. Devilry Is self destructive. They will not get away with it. It will cost more than it tastes.

Watch what has happend and will happen to trump in the next upcoming years. He will not become the next president and he will spiral more and more down into his self created hell. Everything is not how it looks, the illusion will soon come to shatter.

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

56 minutes ago, SamC said:

Its not who they attract, it's what they attract. Devilry Is self destructive. They will not get away with it. It will cost more than it tastes.

Watch what has happend and will happen to trump in the next upcoming years. He will not become the next president and he will spiral more and more down into his self created hell. Everything is not how it looks, the illusion will soon come to shatter.

Well, I’d like to believe that, but then why is it looking like he legally won’t be convicted of any crimes at all? Why are many pundits sounding the alarm over Trump very possibly winning or stealing the 2024 election? Why are the Republicans almost certain to win the 2022 midterm elections despite all of the devilry they have done?

2 hours ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Approx 5% of the population are sociopaths and 1% are psychopaths. 5% are narcissists that can probably convince themselves they haven't done anything wrong.

That's more than 1 in 10 people who won't feel the weight of their devilry at all.

If the only real form of karma is guilt in your own mind, then yeah, we have a bit of a problem. 1 in 10 people you interact with is capable of stabbing you in the back and laughing about it.

Real villains don't always get their comeuppance like in the movies. An unsettling number get away with their crimes and transgressions scot-free.

41 minutes ago, Yarco said:

Approx 5% of the population are sociopaths and 1% are psychopaths. 5% are narcissists that can probably convince themselves they haven't done anything wrong.

That's more than 1 in 10 people who won't feel the weight of their devilry at all.

If the only real form of karma is guilt in your own mind, then yeah, we have a bit of a problem. 1 in 10 people you interact with is capable of stabbing you in the back and laughing about it.

Real villains don't always get their comeuppance like in the movies. An unsettling number get away with their crimes and transgressions scot-free.

So, then what do think gurus like Leo are talking about when they say that devilry always defeats itself in the end?

1 minute ago, Hardkill said:

So, then what do think gurus like Leo are talking about when they say that devilry always defeats itself in the end?

It's self-destructive.  Two devils will not produce much as they won't cooperate.  They will get out-competed by those who are productive.

I am the sickness you cannot define
The nauseating smile in your mind
I am the anger the hate and the pain
You'll remember my name
I am your god

There is such a thing as karma for those who do great evil.

I am the alpha and the omega
Your beginning and your end
I am that I am
You will never be alone again

You don't even get hell.

Move heaven and earth to break free
My son, take heart you will never be
Long anywhere to anyone you can hide
You can run but after all is said and done
It's my kingdom come

You get what the ego is afraid of the most.

I am the alpha and the omega
Your beginning and your end
I am that I am
You will never be alone again
I am your god

You get erased.  Nothing, nada - the promise of getting to move on and create a better world, you get none of it.  You get the big black hole.