puporing

Thoughts on what comes next...

57 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Wilhelm44 said:

@Leo GuraTrue, yet somehow I feel there's an intelligence in evolution more powerful than the stupidity of mankind. Otherwise this earth experiment will self destruct. 

Mankind has been stupid for 10,000+ years. Hasn't stopped us yet.

1 hour ago, Loba said:

@Leo Gura The stupidity of mankind, that's why we probably will be in an apocalyptic age before too long...
You think we can evolve before the planet runs out of resources?  I don't think we can.  I think the only way out is through individual awakening.

This planet will not run out of resources for a million years. There is no lack of resources.

Stop worrying and go about your life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I don't worry for myself, but I do worry for the state of the planet and the future generations.  We have to worry about them.  It won't affect me as much in this lifetime, but it will affect the generation below me.

44 minutes ago, Loba said:

but I do worry for the state of the planet and the future generations.  We have to worry about them.

Who said?

How do you know that's true?

What if you don't have to worry about that?

What if your worry is just part of your selfishness?

How about some faith that future generations can take care of themselves?

Society is the best its ever been. The biggest problem future generations will have is being too spoiled by what we left behind for them.

@Leo Gura I don't know if I am being selfish or not, most actions are rooted in some form of selfishness.
I just hope you're right, and that we don't end up with a barren, pollution stricken planet.

Each species is part of a feedback loop caused directly and indirectly - what do we do if we deplete the earth of too many and ecosystems fall apart?
That's happening now, and people aren't taking the right course of action to change it.
Who said?  It's more like, I just feel it.  I feel the planet sometimes if I spend weeks in nature, I can predict cycles after some time.  I can also feel the collective positivity and negativity - and it feels like, like we are moving too fast in certain areas of development and eschewing other areas, collectively. 

I feel like, some sort of ritual to get in touch with these energies is going to be a necessity soon.

Edited by Loba

49 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This planet will not run out of resources for a million years. There is no lack of resources.

If we are talking about maintaining or trying to continue with the constant economic growth, then this is not true.  Maybe if we had the knowledge to transform energy any way we like it instantly, then we can say that we won't run out of resources.

We are in the dark ages when it comes to energy using. We are "wasting" so much energy because when it transforms into certain states we can't do shit with it or we can't utilize it, because we don't have the knowledge or the tech for it.

But we are getting exponentially more effective at burning energy though. But thats not very good , when it comes to mainiting resources.

Even when we try to create energy sources, we probably burn more energy creating them, compared to how much energy they produce.

The greatest threat to mankind is the lack of compassion.  Compassion is the cure for wetiko/devilry.
Can you See it?  Wetiko is the virus of the ego gone out of control, it is the lack of interconnection, just like the video I posted above on feedback loops, when we don't tend to those loops, they disintegrate and what is left is the virus of the mind, the ultimate nam-shub.

Once upon a time, there was no snake, there was no scorpion,
There was no hyena, there was no lion,
There was no wild dog, no wolf,
There was no fear, no terror,
Man had no rival.

In those days, the land Shubur-Hamazi,
Harmony-tongued Sumer, the great land of the me of princeship,
Uri, the land having all that is appropriate,
The land Martu, resting in security,
The whole universe, the people well cared for,
To Enlil in one tongue gave speech.

Then the lord defiant, the prince defiant, the king defiant,
Enki, the lord of abundance, whose commands are trustworthy,
The lord of wisdom, who scans the land,
The leader of the gods,
The lord of Eridu, endowed with wisdom,
Changed the speech in their mouths, put contention into it,
Into the speech of man that had been one.

CX5wgMx.jpg

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Mankind has been stupid for 10,000+ years. Hasn't stopped us yet.

Stop worrying and go about your life.

@Leo Gura The difference is that only recently our technology has developed such that mankind's stupidity can have truly terrible consequences. 

53 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

The difference is that only recently our technology has developed such that mankind's stupidity can have truly terrible consequences. 

Exactly.

Also, there are so many different kind of global extinction factors that we can be aware of and if any from those become true, we can say goodbye for most humans.

• water scarcity,
  • global war potential,
  • dying of the ecosystem,
  • AI takes over the world,
  • soil degradation,
  • species extinction
  • deadly infectious diseases,
  • biowarfare
  • ocean acidification, coral die off
  • Planetary natural disasters (Volcanoes, hurricanes, floods, droughts, earthquakes) 
  • Distributed exponential technology (as times goes on its more and more easier for anyone to reach for really deadly weapons and tools)
  • etc etc etc. 

This is not fear-mongering. This is about being realistic and being aware of global problems. Ignoring all these is somewhat part of the problem why these are really hard to solve.

Edited by zurew

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Your views on this are unclear. You share videos of Daniel Schamchtenberger and also say things like this. These seem to contradict each other. I would like to understand your views.

Also, what about price increases and large economic disruption?

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

4 hours ago, Bob Seeker said:

You share videos of Daniel Schamchtenberger and also say things like this.

Schmachtenberger is a smart guy. I like the way he thinks. But his whole job is sorta irrelevant because mankind is not going to kill itself and even if it is, Schmachtenberger's work will not prevent it.

5 hours ago, Bob Seeker said:

Your views on this are unclear. You share videos of Daniel Schamchtenberger and also say things like this. These seem to contradict each other. I would like to understand your views.

Also, what about price increases and large economic disruption?

Money will become worth less and less, so that people can wake up to the truth of what really matters. There is a deeper intelligence working in all of this. 

Schmachtenberger is a smart guy. I like the way he thinks. But his whole job is sorta irrelevant because mankind is not going to kill itself and even if it is, Schmachtenberger's work will not prevent it.

@Leo Gura I would be interested too, why you  are so optimistic about it. I know you know more about these catastrophic risks than we do, and still you are optimistic. Do you have reasoning for that or you have a deep intuition that tells you that most humans will survive?

Btw, i don't think either that humanity will cease to exist, but at the same time i think that there are a lot of possibilities for viping out hundrends of millions or a few billions of humans. Especially, if not just one, but more than one catastrophic risks are taking place at the same time.

Edited by zurew

Yes, he is a smart guy, and if you don’t share his concern, I doubt you’re emotionally intelligent enough to understand and inhabit his POV yet. Mankind most likely will not go literally extinct, and Schmachtenberger is not fearmongering about that, as you know. Its more like if you have any emotional intelligence, compassion, love - it would be a lack of integrity not to do your best for all the “stupid” people you seem to have little compassion for. The intensity of suffering going on in the world today is hellish, and the existential risks unprecedented, so to just go about your life and be stoked because you’re killing it is pretty fucking psychopathic, and non-Godlike. Godlike compassion even gives a “stupid” guy shoving drugs up his ass in Vegas glimpses of Love. 

When you realize this and let this sink in, and don’t just get overwhelmed and dismissive and go about your life distracting yourself from that truth, everything changes.

Of course his work could be a little more down to earth, and I don’t doubt he is working on that. But then again, how do you think telling lost people in their early 20s they are God is gonna make things better? This just shows how you severely misunderstand the developmental models you promote.

3 hours ago, TK2021 said:

The intensity of suffering going on in the world today is hellish

No different than it's always been.

Schmachtenberger's approach is like giving a college lecture on the deck of the sinking Titanic. His heart is in the right place but it's not a realistic political solution. Be ware of idiot compassion.

Exactly. Well, not exactly, since there’s billions of more people suffering now. But that only reinforces the fact that a non-psychopathic life purpose ultimately ought to be to liberate people from suffering.

Schmachtenberger's approach is like giving a college lecture on the deck of the sinking Titanic.

I already said that his work needs to be more practical. However it seems he is working on some very practical stuff regarding the regulation of social media. Can't do it all. Yet considering your political takes when Russia invaded Ukraine was “boohoo call the wambulance” and “let’s try to understand Putins POV” - it doesn’t seem that you have better alternatives yet. Or perhaps I’m strawmanning you here, I don’t follow this forum too closely.

Be ware of idiot compassion.

At no point was I advocating for that, but it’s important to be aware of. But what’s even more important, is to not let that fear of being taken advantage of consume you and limit your love unnecessarily.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Schmachtenberger's approach is like giving a college lecture on the deck of the sinking Titanic. His heart is in the right place but it's not a realistic political solution. Be ware of idiot compassion.

Just for context, how deeply have you actually studied Schmachtenberger? The way I see it is he's doing a lot of the same things you are. Its quite obvious that he enjoys the work he does and doesn't do it out of some sense of obligation. To me he is a perfect example of healthy, well integrated Turquoise. He talks about epistemology, spirituality, psychedelics, mental well-being, peak performance and where humanity is headed and does so in a uniquely non-ideological way; his "philosophy"/"mysticism" strikes me as very similar to that of Ken Wilber. He is obviously an extremely developed and conscious being. Is it that he's not explicitly talking about God and awakening or where is this contempt coming from?

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

9 hours ago, TK2021 said:

it doesn’t seem that you have better alternatives yet.

I'm not trying to save the world.

5 hours ago, Nilsi said:

Just for context, how deeply have you actually studied Schmachtenberger? The way I see it is he's doing a lot of the same things you are.

I'm not trying to save mankind from self-destruction.

Its quite obvious that he enjoys the work he does and doesn't do it out of some sense of obligation. To me he is a perfect example of healthy, well integrated Turquoise.

Yes, and good for him. I'm just saying it won't save the world.

If he enjoys what he does, no problem.

He talks about epistemology, spirituality, psychedelics, mental well-being, peak performance and where humanity is headed and does so in a uniquely non-ideological way; his "philosophy"/"mysticism" strikes me as very similar to that of Ken Wilber.

Yes, exactly. And I don't think Ken Wilber's work is gonna save the world either.

He is obviously an extremely developed and conscious being. Is it that he's not explicitly talking about God and awakening or where is this contempt coming from?

I don't have contempt for him. I admire his work. I just said it won't save the world and it is not politically practical.

You can talk endlessly about Game B, but our world runs on Game A, and it will run that way for the next 100 years at least.

My point here is not contempt but to add some realism to the discussion. It's easy to get seduced and deluded into this Wilberian futurism where the whole world wakes up to Tier 2. That's not going to happen.

A mass awakening is very possible. All it would take is a wise teacher who was effective at sharing their wisdom and understanding with others. 

Imagine talking to someone and they have sufficient knowledge to give you a psychidelic high with simple practices. It's possible, people are only getting wiser. Think about how much wiser you are now than you were a few years ago.

40 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can talk endlessly about Game B, but our world runs on Game A, and it will run that way for the next 100 years at least.

If you are talking about a 100% Game B world then i would agree, But this game A world will eat itself up faster than 100 years.

There will still be some game A elements in the future, however a lot of game A system will start to collapse. Why do i say that?

This level of game A world will self terminate, i suspect in the next 30-35-40 years. (

• we are running out of oil and other natural resources,
  • we are completely destorying oceans,
  • we are destroying animal life and the ecosystem,
  • the nutritional value of our food is constantly declining - so we need even more food to get the same nutrients as we get from the past [we need about 9 oranges to get the same amount of nutritients as we got from the mid 20st century]
  • water scarcity

All those that i mention above are because of systemic problems. So they can only be solved by systemic  changes. So drastical system changes are required to solve all those above. And all those above need to be solved for humans to survive further. Most of those i mention need to be solved under 50 years because the damage is so high already.

So some level of transitioning will take place, and it doesn't matter if the world is ready for it or if people want it or not. It will be necessary for surivial and we know that survival is the biggest motivational factor.