Guest Tobia

Understanding Jack Dorsey

11 posts in this topic

Jack Dorsey is CONFUSING ME.  He seems to know that censorship was a huge mistake but somehow cannot explain what/who imposed the censorship. 

Hearing him speak, he always seemed very conscious, fair, and balanced... but then the actions of Twitter rarely reflected his vision, why is this?

jack 4.PNG

On banning Trump  "right for the company, wrong generally" ??

jack dorsey.PNG

On Hunter Biden's Laptop

jack 2.PNG

4 hours ago, Tobia said:

but then the actions of Twitter rarely reflected his vision, why is this?

Probably because not all the shots were his to make. Twitter is a team effort, not one man's will. And the way you learn to build and run a new platform like Twitter is by making mistakes and learning from them. Nobody is educated on how to build online platforms. It has to be invented on the fly.

I've made some mistakes running this forum. Then I learn from my mistakes and make modifications for the future. Nobody taught me how to run a forum, I had to teach it to myself through trail and error. There is no college class called: How To Manage An Online Spiritual Forum. And if there were, someone like me would have to teach it based on years of personal mistakes. Knowledge is hard-won.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I still don't get why Dorsey now thinks that permanently banning Trump from Twitter was a mistake. People get permanently banned from various kinds of platforms all the time whenever a moderator or administrator deems it fit. I got banned for life several years ago from another forum I was on because the mods and admins on that forum thought that I became an "infectious virus" for whining too much, even though the people running the site never explicitly stated beforehand that excessive complaining was not allowed.

Trump already violated Twitter's rules a number of times before his account got permanently suspended. Virtually every single post he made on twitter for many years were all incredibly toxic and profoundly dangerous for the entire country, if not for the entire world. So, why are people like Dorsey and Musk even seriously considering lifting Trump's perma-ban from twitter? 

These Silicon Valley billionaires have fallen in love with the fantasy of libertarianism. All the crypto hype plays right into that, creating the perfect mind-virus.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

These Silicon Valley billionaires have fallen in love with the fantasy of libertarianism. All the crypto hype plays right into that, creating the perfect mind-virus.

Damn it.

Well, I wonder if Musk will realize the legal implications of only having extremely limited moderation for a platform like Twitter. 

Does Musk realize how emboldened Trump will be once he knows there is no chance for bans??

It's fucking insane. It's like telling a bank robber you won't be enforcing security any more after you catch him robbing you.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Does Musk realize how emboldened Trump will be once he knows there is no chance for bans??

It's fucking insane. It's like telling a bank robber you won't be enforcing security any more after you catch him robbing you.

So much for devilry losing.....I guess being a political and business elite protects you from negative consequences.

2 hours ago, Hardkill said:

So much for devilry losing.....I guess being a political and business elite protects you from negative consequences.

Devilry is still losing. This will only hasten Trump's fall.

If Trump is not careful he will be given enough rope to hang himself.

42 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Devilry is still loosing. This will only hasten Trump's fall.

If Trump is not careful he will be given enough rope to hang himself.

hmm.....well, then I guess it will be interesting to see what'll happen to the future of all of these social media platforms, all of the people in charge of them, Trump, and others like them....

This may really turn out to be another shitshow of epic proportions......

Edited by Hardkill

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yi-Lon-Maa

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

On 5/13/2022 at 1:47 AM, Leo Gura said:

As I understood, bans are still in the game, they would just be timed instead of permanent.

At least that is what they are discussing right now. We'll see.