Consept

What happens with no moderation on an online forum?

24 posts in this topic

Authority is better than no authority. Even on this forum that suppose to be an enlightened place you see mods misusing their privileges. There is already one despicable mod and now there is another. I won’t call the name but there is just one mod that just uses his modding rights to get favors from the girls on this forum.

Girl on this forum just points out opinions she doesn’t like and the mod just gives warning without questions asked. This happens in the wild too but the thing is coward are heroes behind computer monitors. So the most coward people in the real world will be the most courageous on the internet. 

Especially on the internet we need the power to be in the right hands. In the real world these cowards will have the teeth punched in and that will be the end of it. The internet on the other hand is relative safe space for cowards.  

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

2 hours ago, BlueOak said:

You can't possibly predict what happens over a large enough group free to create whatever they want.

A sample size of one or a handful doesn't reflect billions of voices.

*Again I'll say that, the way the internet is designed, to be focused on he who shouts loudest or replies the most, for example, facilitates the most extreme eye catching material to be in focus, isolating more moderate or reasonable conversation.

Another way to look at it is, society was completely free and the natural order of things brought us to where we are now, so our society now is the product of what happens when given complete freedom 

2 hours ago, Consept said:

Another way to look at it is, society was completely free and the natural order of things brought us to where we are now, so our society now is the product of what happens when given complete freedom 

Again a sample size of one! :)

Society is a product of billions of lives making billions of decisions. Billions of environmental factors. If it were to rerun from beginning to end the result would most certainly be different.

However as there is only now and everything else is imagined, none of that matters or will ever happen. A truism of life is, that you can't predict it. I sometimes see things others miss but life still blindsided me often enough, because unlike a lot of people it's not mechanical in its decision making. As a combined thing, existence, life, even humanity is more organic.

Edited by BlueOak