Closed

Alpha vs Beta

13 posts in this topic

Do you believe in this concept? Do you see yourself as an alpha male or a beta male?

There’s also sigma and possibly others… Not kidding. 

I use these terms for fun when I speak with people. I don't believe in them

@Knowledge Hoarder Even the Alpha/Beta stuff is just more nonsense labels and distractions. It all comes down to communication skills. You can have all the positive traits or any personality in the world. If you are a bad communicator you'll never convince a women to sleep with you or get into a relationship.

You can be a skinny homeless "beta" and still get girls if you can communicate decently. It's the only skill that scales results regardless of everything else.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy I would say it's more like marketing skills, so communication alone is not enough. You need to create a certain incentive for her to want you. And that incentive doesn't have to be specifically related to communication, even though it can. For example, if you're some sort of a celebrity, she will like you right off the bat without you saying a single word. That's marketing doing the work for you, though passively. Most guys do positive marketing with their social circle, achievements, etc. And of course when they talk with the girl, how they tell her about the future, etc.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

24 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

I would say it's more like marketing skills, so communication alone is not enough.

Are you talking marketing as in your appearance/status? Or marketing as in being able to sell yourself verbally? The first one doesn't really matter.

You could be a celebrity, but if you have autistic social skills almost no women are going to put up with that. Unless of course they just want to take advantage of you materially.

hrhrhtewgfegege

5 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Yes, you'd get the bottom of the barrell. The worst leftovers, both looks wise and personality wise. If the guy would be fine with that, then it's all green light I guess.

You'd be amazed the quality of girl you could get on charisma and social skill alone. You talk as if getting anything less than an "8" is an abject failure.

hrhrhtewgfegege

On 4/29/2022 at 7:00 PM, Closed said:

Do you believe in this concept?

Yes.

On 4/29/2022 at 7:00 PM, Closed said:

Do you see yourself as an alpha male or a beta male?

Alpha but I know I am beta.

8 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

CHARISMA. Now we're actually talking about alpha TRAITS again. I think you're just confused.

LOL. Yea as if anyone but an Alpha can be charismatic. This is what I was talking about with the labels and concepts being nonsense, it's you who is confused, not me.

hrhrhtewgfegege

37 minutes ago, Roy said:

Are you talking marketing as in your appearance/status? Or marketing as in being able to sell yourself verbally? The first one doesn't really matter.

Both. I think the first one can be referred to as objectively attractive, while the second as subjectively attractive.

37 minutes ago, Roy said:

You could be a celebrity, but if you have autistic social skills almost no women are going to put up with that. Unless of course they just want to take advantage of you materially.

Unless she's also autistic lol.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

There is a very good documentary by national geographic that is called "Going Ape" It shows that a big part of our social behavior comes from an instinctual need to determine who is alpha and who is beta in a group. We watch the monkeys do this so blatantly and we think that it is silly. We are the same. Sometimes I find myself playing this game but when I become conscious of it, it sickens me. If you want to understand human social instincts, look at the monkeys. No need for further analysis.

No, this is a simplified distinction. Primary measuring success by your success with opposite sex is just a sign of a broken society.

Naturally it’s more complicated with none-heterosexual people.

4 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

Alpha but I know I am beta.

Don't sell yourself short, you come off as the most chad motherfucker here.

hrhrhtewgfegege