KoryKat

the Gurus on here answering everything as "consciousness" is annoying

55 posts in this topic

Getting an UBI passed in some shape/form is way more of a priority than flying to Mars right now imo. Not sure why Elon can't see this or he just feels helpless to push this even though he's an advocate for it.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

8 hours ago, puporing said:

Getting an UBI passed in some shape/form is way more of a priority than flying to Mars right now imo. Not sure why Elon can't see this or he just feels helpless to push this even though he's an advocate for it.

First time I see someone else here mention UBI.  You're right, but going to Mars isn't exactly pointless.  Going to Mars requires cheap, reusable rockets and being able to mass produce cheap housing with dirt as the (potential) main building block.  These are very high priority technologies for people on Earth that are now getting fast tracked thanks to Elon's Mars plan.  3D printed housing is also now getting much more attention thanks to Elon.

Moreover, city planning on Mars has to be perfect, and will eventually result in Earth cities being better planned, following Mars' example.  City planning is a complete disaster on Earth, just look at the suburbs in the US.  Crazy efficient hexagonal communities will become accepted/adopted here too once they become a thing on Mars.

And it's not like by going to Mars we're sacrificing anything on Earth.  SpaceX spending ain't gonna have any impact on inflation or whatever.

Edited by thisintegrated

Don't you love this comment.  Wow. The human level.

Find your purpose. If arm Chair philosophy is your purpose  let it be it. 

Make sure you don't have toxic life purpose.

Just live the life you said you would live.

Complaining to an Avatar. For real. I bet you didn't expect people to post their  bank accounts and trophy girl friends here. ? 

@thisintegrated @modmyth I'm not against space exploration, it's just there're way bigger "problems" being neglected right now and it can be a nice distraction from them. A holistic approach would be nice.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

Why do you care?  Look there.

1 hour ago, puporing said:

@thisintegrated @modmyth I'm not against space exploration, it's just there're way bigger "problems" being neglected right now and it can be a nice distraction from them. A holistic approach would be nice.

You know we need advancements in rocket tech, right? So far, ~99% of "Mars investment" has really just gone into rocket development.  If you want to fight climate change or whatever, then you better plan for Mars, as that's how you end up with the need for resusable / eco-friendly rockets.  Without a need, nothing will happen.

If we pump enough money into "Mars projects" then maybe we'll even have electric rockets within the century, and then suddenly everyone will be praising Elon as a genius visionary.

Rockets will replace private jets the moment the tech is ready.  Stifling rocket development is definitely not a good idea.

Edited by thisintegrated

@thisintegrated again I don't know why you think I'm saying it should stop. All I'm saying is there are other problems not being focused on/given nearly the same attention.

12 minutes ago, puporing said:

@thisintegrated again I don't know why you think I'm saying it should stop. All I'm saying is there are other problems not being focused on/given nearly the same attention.

So Elon should start another company to work on something more serious?  Might wanna have a look at how many companies he already has??

On 5/1/2022 at 1:39 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@Ulax

Agreed. Hard to tell if someone actually is doing the work from a wall of text or is spiritually trolling.xD

There is no difference between doing the work and trolling, hense nonduality -_-

A true master is both awake and an epic troll, here is a koan for us all B|

Edited by Hello from Russia

3 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

A true master is both awake and an epic troll

Very true.  Few here realize this.

52 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

So Elon should start another company to work on something more serious?  Might wanna have a look at how many companies he already has??

No need to start another company per se, he can do alot through advocacy alone. 

Musk is already advocating for the highest value there is; free speech. Not only that, hes even investing billions of dollars to defend it.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Being fit, making alot of money and having a hot sex life but still miserable so in conflict with random people on the internet is evidence those things you are doing haven't brought you well being.

@KoryKat  Many people here have amazing sex life, working in elite corporations, owning businesses and making a shit ton of money and those who don't are making a lot of progress.

What makes you think that we are not doing anything in real life?