vizual

Delete my account

44 posts in this topic

Hello,

I would like to delete my account but haven't found an option to do so. Could someone please direct me toward this option. If it's not possible, could maybe a mod delete my account?

Many thanks

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

I like this member apolitical title.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 hour ago, vizual said:

Hello,

I would like to delete my account but haven't found an option to do so. Could someone please direct me toward this option. If it's not possible, could maybe a mod delete my account?

Many thanks

Member Apolitical hahaha LMAO

@vizual what's poppin man?

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:

I like this member apolitical title.

I don't like it.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's mean.

I don't see it that way. For me, it sounds more like until you're mature enough to have a less biased/emotional discussion, then you should stay silent and watch other more mature people and learn from them. Of course, that assumes the other more mature people, which should represent Leo at least. At least that's my interpretation.

Just now, Gesundheit2 said:

I don't see it that way. For me, it sounds more like until you're mature enough to have a less biased/emotional discussion, then you should stay silent and watch other more mature people and learn from them. Of course, that assumes the other more mature people, which should represent Leo at least. At least that's my interpretation.

I don't see what function it fulfills (the label).

2 hours ago, vizual said:

Hello,

Many thanks

What is your reason for deletion?

Please take note that all applications are subjected to approvals and no reason need to be provided by managementxD.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

I don't see what function it fulfills (the label).

It might be something related to the forum software that is hard to manage without using the label. Like there is also a Super Mod and a Member Plus. I think it's part of the functionality, not necessarily to demean or praise anyone.

4 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

It might be something related to the forum software that is hard to manage without using the label. Like there is also a Super Mod and a Member Plus. I think it's part of the functionality, not necessarily to demean or praise anyone.

Ah. I need the small brain label :) 

@Carl-Richard Sarcasm aside, what do you suggest the label should be? Maybe Leo will consider your feedback and make changes.

1 minute ago, Gesundheit2 said:

@Carl-Richard Sarcasm aside, what do you suggest the label should be? Maybe Leo will consider your feedback and make changes.

Member.

@Carl-Richard Again, the title is most likely related to the software, which means it probably has to be different from just Member. If you're disagreeing with the whole decision, then that's another thing.

1 minute ago, Gesundheit2 said:

@Carl-Richard Again, the title is most likely related to the software, which means it probably has to be different from just Member. If you're disagreeing with the whole decision, then that's another thing.

Member and some invisible letter. It doesn't matter what the label is called. If you know what the label means, it essentially means "dummy".

@Carl-Richard I don't know about that. But I know that descriptive naming is a convention in programming, it is recommended for writing a clean code. It is a best practice because it keeps the code easily readable and editable. Maybe in the future you want to disable the entire functionality, or maybe you will add similar titles, or something else, so the name remains a reference for where you should make the changes.

Overall, I don't think there's anything personal about it, even though there might be. I don't know.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Apolitical.

Definition:

not interested or involved in politics.

"he took an apolitical stance"

Now we all know that OP doesn't have interest in politics and that side of the forum. So OP could not possibly have been causing any problem in that forum section. Good to know!

Maybe we need more Apolitical members to partake in the political part of the forum?

@Carl-Richard Yeah I don't see how this lasts.

It's one thing to ban people from certain parts of the forum. It's a completely different thing to make them wear that decision on their username like a dunce cap

I don't even like the fact that restrictions are being imposed on people with certain opinions. I don't have to agree with other people's opinions but how do I know they're the biased ones and I'm not? The label is even more stupid.

Why are left wing opinions considered better than right wing opinions on the forums? They're both flawed stances and if you think otherwise look at how much destruction they both caused throughout history. And even if right wing or pro Russia opinions objectively were worse(or why else was this user made 'apolitical'?) someone needs to have the 'worse' opinion in every discussion or everyone just has the same opinion and then you might as well just delete the political subforum because there's no discussion to be had. If the user did actual misconduct a ban is warranted but it doesn't seem to me this is the case? I might be mistaken.

@Raptorsin7

I am not too sure about the definition, but it sounds like everyone of us on the forum should be "apolitical", because you really can't look a thing holistically while having limited perspective. How debate works is that at least one of the participants can't either see whole picture and/or the perspective of another one. Of course it is impossible task to ask humans to understand everything, but basically more conscious and less biased you are the more enjoyable the conversation is for all the participants.

It's important to say still that debating is not bad thing, because its purpose is to see why 2 or more people disagree and what things people miss from themselfes and/or from others. Debating is problematic only when people start to use excess emotions, aren't willing to even look another perspective and the discussion isn't progressing. When that is the case, there is no use for the time spent and actually just uses resources.

@Carl-Richard

The word means "dummy" to you, if you see it in that light. Some people may actually smile on their face publicly state that they don't want to participate in politics due to for example it is too slow or something. I don't know the story of how (s)he got the label, but most likely it was, because (s)he either asked to get it or then (s)he was too problematic on the politics section and caused too much harm here. All of that is still speculation, because I don't know the situation and I guess nor do you. If you do then share the perspective so we can continue the discussion :).

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?