Someone here

What's your unanswered existential question?

23 posts in this topic

What's the most difficult and deep existential question you have that you cannot answer yet ?

Lay it out for discussion and we might try to tackle it a bit :)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Why there is something other than nothing. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

I dont know if its really existential but.. Why its so easy to mess things up in life by some mistake and so hard to create good things in life.. Its not proportional in difficulty is what i mean

53 minutes ago, Galyna said:

Why there is something other than nothing. 

What if something and nothing are identical? :)

I mean how could you tell the difference?  You can't even tell the difference between dreams and the waking reality .and the reason is because there's in fact no difference. Everything is identical to everything else .

-Osho

40 minutes ago, Akashic said:

Why people have to fight in order to survive.

I believe that life is test .it's not heaven.its not perfect .we are clearly here to suffer or to die .

42 minutes ago, Akashic said:

The existence of serial killers

They are inevitable. It's a nesscary part of absolute infinity. Which by it's very nature includes absolutely everything. So it's not all rosey and shiny. It also contains horror and shit .

-Osho

@Someone here

So, what are you searching here? Get out of your mind....

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

27 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

I dont know if its really existential but.. Why its so easy to mess things up in life by some mistake and so hard to create good things in life.. Its not proportional in difficulty is what i mean

Destruction is easier than creation.   It takes less effort to Destroy a house than it is to build a house . Because building requires more energy. 

-Osho

9 minutes ago, Galyna said:

@Someone here

So, what are you searching here? Get out of your mind....

Idk what you mean by that. 

-Osho

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Destruction is easier than creation.   It takes less effort to Destroy a house than it is to build a house . Because building requires more energy. 

Yeah true.. I understand it. However i ask the reason why it has to be like that.. Why for example cant it be that destroying a house requires as much effort as building it

8 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

Yeah true.. I understand it. However i ask the reason why it has to be like that.. Why for example cant it be that destroying a house requires as much effort as building it

Destruction only furthers entropy, which is increasing anyway.

Creation requires a local reduction of entropy, which requires increasing entropy elsewhere. That takes work.

Imagine a plate. Imagine the atoms constituting the plate. Now imagine all the possible states these atoms could be arranged in. How many of these states are of a broken plate and how many of them are of a non-broken one?

You can argue that there is only one possible state where the plate is "complete" and a very large number of possible states where it is broken. Thus, in any given probabilistic moment, it is more likely that the plate is broken than that it is not. This is entropy, and according to the second law of thermodynamics, entropy will always increase in the Universe.

-Osho

When does one let go?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

When does one let go?

From my experience..when one experience very intense and deep levels of suffering.  Suffering is the greatest teacher in the universe. Only then does one decides to put their trust in god/the universe and accept that they can't "do it" by themselves .they need to let go and surrender to a higher power .

-Osho

• Maybe better question will be actually why are the laws of our universe the way they are and not some other way. So I can get description and mechanics of laws from a physicist but never a reason why laws are like this. I guess Leo would say its cause of Love but honestly that doesnt do much for me... 
12 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Creation requires a local reduction of entropy, which requires increasing entropy elsewhere. That takes work.

Imagine a plate. Imagine the atoms constituting the plate. Now imagine all the possible states these atoms could be arranged in. How many of these states are of a broken plate and how many of them are of a non-broken one?

You can argue that there is only one possible state where the plate is "complete" and a very large number of possible states where it is broken. Thus, in any given probabilistic moment, it is more likely that the plate is broken than that it is not. This is entropy, and according to the second law of thermodynamics, entropy will always increase in the Universe.

12 minutes ago, Someone here said:

At the moment,

How is justice served? How are wrongs made right? 

I suppose I answer it by considering how every action contains within it existential consequence or commonly called karma.

Edited by SgtPepper

Given that something takes the form it needs to since nothing more than necessary takes form.

And that every form takes a certain direction and that direction is defined by the form.

How then can necessary forms be accidents to the ultimate direction, if not by a will that is dual to them both? And so without no will neither comes intention, to which then we would be a necessary accident, so then we are an extreme kind of absolute being.

So then our lives are an end in itself and this actually all there will be to us. So then there is an emptiness lacking in the cosmological scale we are every day ruining by at all being, and so my existential question then is regarding this to which we are an opposite and seemingly emergent of: what is it in itself and what is the absolute variation of things that can become its opposite, and so regarding these how alone are we in our universe?

It really should not be possible that we are at all,  given this I take it that there will always be something and that what seems like nothingness is actually a positive notion, a negation on top of a thing. Well then the will is emergent and imposed in its power by that which it is emergent of so to be by some plain love radically reduced in its power to do harm, and so then of what else than perfection are we?

Extreme diversity, minimal effort.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

How do I distinguish between a problem and solution. If the best solution I come up with, could be judged as problematic at best.

7 hours ago, Someone here said:

From my experience..when one experience very intense and deep levels of suffering.  Suffering is the greatest teacher in the universe. Only then does one decides to put their trust in god/the universe and accept that they can't "do it" by themselves .they need to let go and surrender to a higher power .

But exactly when does that happen? I see many people including myself who suffer but won't let go.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

54 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

But exactly when does that happen? I see many people including myself who suffer but won't let go.

Ultimate letting go is Grace

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

There is no critical point when this happens specifically. It's a momentum.  When you reach high levels of suffering for extended periods of time that you just can't take it anymore. You might even start thinking of suicide as a serious possibility.  You have to go through the dark night of the Soul and come out the other end as even stronger and brighter human being. After discovering your life purpose and after surrendering yourself completely to God.

-Osho