Truth-Seeker

Stage Green Excesses Not Mentioned in Leo's Video

60 posts in this topic

In my opinion, being largely aware about all the social inequalities which kinda is a part of green that you undergo when you start questioning your biases can make you quite miserable, because it is just really sad what is happening everyday. And unfair. You kinda have to dettach to be able to function. Also you might consider it stupid to be sad for somebody else when your own life is going well, and while I get that, people seem to have some sort of automatic compassion sometimes that could still make them feel sad.

However, with questioning norms and biases and assumptions about things like gender, sexuality, religion, life purpose, opening yourself up to feelings, deeper connections with people etc. can help you be more yourself. Being yourself can be really hard and you can get killed in some places for being yourself, but I think it is very interesting and fulfilling. Also a lot of joy can come from true self-discovery. Realizing you can do things differently than people have told you, questioning peer pressure, norms, bonding with people you authentically wanna bond with, all that can bring a lot of enjoyment IMO.

24 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

In my opinion, being largely aware about all the social inequalities which kinda is a part of green that you undergo when you start questioning your biases can make you quite miserable, because it is just really sad what is happening everyday. And unfair. You kinda have to dettach to be able to function. Also you might consider it stupid to be sad for somebody else when your own life is going well, and while I get that, people seem to have some sort of automatic compassion sometimes that could still make them feel sad.

However, with questioning norms and biases and assumptions about things like gender, sexuality, religion, life purpose, opening yourself up to feelings, deeper connections with people etc. can help you be more yourself. Being yourself can be really hard and you can get killed in some places for being yourself, but I think it is very interesting and fulfilling. Also a lot of joy can come from true self-discovery. Realizing you can do things differently than people have told you, questioning peer pressure, norms, bonding with people you authentically wanna bond with, all that can bring a lot of enjoyment IMO.

I actually have become increasingly depressed the more aware I become of the social inequalities in the world. 

@Hardkill Thats why you think about life purpose and how you can ensure that you yourself do not contribute to them. That youre not only neutral, but active in how you live your values. Anything you do in your life can be done from different states of awareness. You can for example become a teacher and teach government approved material only and never discuss anything conscious or political or relevant. Or you can do the opposite. There are ofc more and less extreme versions of this.

@A_v_E What does it mean to have a solid core in Blue? What kind of wisdom are they usually lacking do you think? Are you counting hippy people who misuse psychedelics and dont have their life together as green?

On 5/1/2022 at 5:41 AM, Leo Gura said:

All else being equal, Green should be happier than Orange and Blue. Which is what Scandinavian countries shows relative to the US and Iran.

This statement is correct.

Although it's correct, a slight nuance is missed here. It's unfair comparison.

India(blue) is less happier than Norway(green) because there is electricity shortage & people have no money to pay for decent  healthcare in India. Not necessary because they are less psychologically evolved. Money buys happiness, even after $100k/year. You were privileged with good external circumstances which is the reason for happiness in Scandinavian countries.

It's hard to not be happy when your government literally caters to all your needs.

Now put a stage blue person and stage green person in equal external circumstances & access to resources, a fair comparison.  You simply cannot compare two countries, since they also differ vastly in access to resources.

Green dudes will be happier than blue dudes in societies with abundant access to resources, broadly speaking.

But this is not necessarily always true, especially in cases when the you are indoctrinated into hippie culture instead of evolving into it. Such people do suffer hell a lot compared to genuine blue dudes. 

In a blue society, it pays to be blue/orange to maximise happiness because of resource scarcity.

Always take into account access to resources.

@Bobby_2021

3 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

This statement is correct.

Although it's correct, a slight nuance is missed here. It's unfair comparison.

India(blue) is less happier than Norway(green) because there is electricity shortage & people have no money to pay for decent  healthcare in India. Not necessary because they are less psychologically evolved. Money buys happiness, even after $100k/year. You were privileged with good external circumstances which is the reason for happiness in Scandinavian countries.

It's hard to not be happy when your government literally caters to all your needs.

Now put a stage blue person and stage green person in equal external circumstances & access to resources, a fair comparison.  You simply cannot compare two countries, since they also differ vastly in access to resources.

Green dudes will be happier than blue dudes in societies with abundant access to resources, broadly speaking.

But this is not necessarily always true, especially in cases when the you are indoctrinated into hippie culture instead of evolving into it. Such people do suffer hell a lot compared to genuine blue dudes. 

In a blue society, it pays to be blue/orange to maximise happiness because of resource scarcity.

Always take into account access to resources.

This is definitely some of the factors involved in happiness at the collective level.

@Danioover9000  I am willing to bet that an Indian(blue) migrated to west/northern europe(orange/green) would be a lot more happier and functional compared to those people born and indoctrinated into stage green ideology. 

(Like forcing boys to play with girls toys and stuff that happens in Sweden..?)

Because the Indian guy has good blue qualities and now can grow to orange/green. Perfect evolution. But those born in a green hippy culture has no real access to blue values. 

Edited by Bobby_2021

On 5/2/2022 at 9:52 AM, Bobby_2021 said:

Blue Indians will still be less happy because their minds are distorted by dogma, ideology, nationalism, moralization, judgment, etc.

It's not just a function of having material resources. The Blue mind is swimming in falsehood and self-deception.

Then again, conformity and dogma can yield a sort of bliss of ignorance. At least for a time. There is a sort of happiness you can have by being a Nazi, a terrorist, or a religious fanatic who is fully committed to his depraved mission.

Happiness is a very individualized thing. Don't generalize about it too much. There can be huge variability in happiness within any group of people regardless of their development level or even spiritual work. You can have a terrorist who is happier than a Buddhist monk. You can't just assume someone is happy because they fit into some group or category.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Happiness is a very individualized thing. Don't generalize about it too much. There can be huge variability in happiness within any group of people regardless of their development level or even spiritual work. You can have a terrorist who is happier than a Buddhist monk. You can't just assume someone is happy because they fit into some group or category.

All valid points.??

But speaking from a collective point of view, happiness does seem to correlate well with material abundance.

Edited by Bobby_2021

23 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

All valid points.??

But speaking from a collective point of view, happiness does seem to correlate well with material abundance.

And material abundance correlates with level of development.

23 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

To a certain level yes, but there is a treshold where more material abundance won't change anything.

If we use maslow's hierarchy of needs, its obvious that there are needs that can't be handwaved away with meditation or by anything else. 

Those 'basic needs' are always changing and adapting to society's development and structure.

But at the same time having 10 houses and jets and cars etc etc there is a number there ,where it won't affect you anymore. Same with money, you are constantly adapting to your success.

Leo's video about survival is really good, and shows how survival is not just about basic needs like food and water and shelter.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And material abundance correlates with level of development.

More education and greater intellect also makes you and a society as a whole more developed. Yet is it possible that the good majority of the American population could one day become about as educated and as smart as JP or Ben Shapiro but still end up being as conservative as them? Or it is impossible to have most people in any given society to be right-wing intellectuals?

Edited by Hardkill

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Blue Indians will still be less happy because their minds are distorted by dogma, ideology, nationalism, moralization, judgment, etc.

Generally speaking, I would argue that there is an intense experience of love Inherit to stage blue, more so than to stage orange and maybe even green and yellow. As you progress spirally the scope of your love increases but the intensity of your experienced love decreases. I think this has to do because at stage blue it is very clear what you love and as you progress it gets more conceptual, vague and really outside of your day-to-day lived reality.

3 hours ago, Vrubel said:

Generally speaking, I would argue that there is an intense experience of love Inherit to stage blue, more so than to stage orange and maybe even green and yellow. As you progress spirally the scope of your love increases but the intensity of your experienced love decreases. I think this has to do because at stage blue it is very clear what you love and as you progress it gets more conceptual, vague and really outside of your day-to-day lived reality.

But even the stage blue version of love is targeted. Like if a stage blue person loves one person, they might hate another. I think the love that green and yellow puts out is more inclusive, where as blue is more exclusive love. 

4 hours ago, Vrubel said:

As you progress spirally the scope of your love increases but the intensity of your experienced love decreases.

Super dubious claim.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Super dubious claim.

It's hard to generalize about such a thing but can you imagine the intensity of love and selflessness a man needs to have to be perfectly willing to pick up a musket, stand in a long exposed row and basically function as cannon fodder. That's the essence of stage blue.

8 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

It's hard to generalize about such a thing but can you imagine the intensity of love and selflessness a man needs to have to be perfectly willing to pick up a musket, stand in a long exposed row and basically function as cannon fodder. That's the essence of stage blue.

Way too romanticized.

Have you seen people in the military? They aren't angels.

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Way too romanticized.

Have you seen people in the military? They aren't angels.

That was not my claim

What you do is the inverse of romanticization :P

@Vrubel If you're gonna tell me how loving Blue is, I'm gonna cite you Hitler.

@Leo Gura Stage blue does not equal Hitler. Abraham Lincoln, MLK and Nelson Mandela were overwhelmingly blue as well. 

The people defending their home in Ukraine from a Russian invasion are blue as well. Are they all loving angels? of course not. So what? Should I cite Hitler to them?

Edited by Vrubel