thisintegrated

Is astrology complete BS or just mostly?

45 posts in this topic

I've put a real effort into seeing if there's anything at all to astrological predictions & descriptions of types, but I've found absolutely nothing.  Even when the descriptions are vague and impossible to get wrong, I can look up a description of some other sign and find that it matches me even better.

I don't understand how people still see value in this.

I just saw this:

45 minutes ago, Galyna said:

Leos are very grounded but very ego-centric. But I love them, because I am Aries. We have a lot in common. They are deep people, a bit arrogant, I can handle that. Watch out, girl...they fall for a nice cover and they want the best partner ever. 

But wait.. I'm a Capricorn, and I'm arrogant and deep too!???

Why would someone gate-keep arrogance??

Edited by thisintegrated
Deleted empty space from top. Will now add empty space at the bottom so the "Edited just now by thisintegrated" stuff is more clearly separated from the main text body.

@thisintegrated I had a Capricorn  bf ?

astrology is very legit to predict behavior and events, I am not talking about shallow mundane Vogue magazine one. I am talking about the deep one where you account not only sun sign of the person but his moon sign, ascendant and so on and so forth. 

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

They have been scientific studies done regarding the predictive claims of astrology, needless to say astrology and astrologers can’t predict anything reliably. So it’s definitely not scientifically sound.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@thisintegrated If you believe it is legit, then it becomes legit.

But from experience, there seems to be some truth to it. 

My philosophy in life is... If it exists, it probably has some truth to it. 

@Michael Jackson it is not an Oracle, astrology is a method to calculate the possibility of a certain event, it is a probability which can unfold however…but not the set in stone predictive calculation. 

Just now, Galyna said:

Are you kidding me? You need to know at least place of birth and almost exact time of birth, with the date ofc.
Try this and tell me how accurate it is:

https://astro.cafeastrology.com/natal.php

If the signs themselves have any meaning/value whatsoever, they should at least vaguely describe the person.  Sure, you can get more specific with more information, but Capricorns should at least match the basic description of "Capricorn", right?  On a broad level, everyone should act like their sign says they act.

@thisintegrated it is more complex that it is seemed to be.

40 minutes ago, Galyna said:

Are you kidding me? You need to know at least place of birth and almost exact time of birth, with the date ofc.
Try this and tell me how accurate it is:

https://astro.cafeastrology.com/natal.php

I already know my sun, moon, ascendant, MC, etc.  What do I do with this information?

lol, I entered the same information on another app and suddenly my "moon", "ascendant", and "MC" are different now..

I've also looked into ways of getting information out of these 4 parameters, and the best thing I found was "daily horoscopes" which provide general, non-specific, information about me.  No "moon sign is x, therefore y" or anything like that.  Just dogma with no way to verify anything or learn any kind of system.

With something like MBTI it's all clear e.g. "here's an example of you using Ti and Ne, so I can conclude you're a user of Ti and Ne.  Here are the implications of this.."  With astrology there's none of that.  You can't argue/debate as there's no coherent system you can engage with.  You're forced into a position of believing what the authority says in the horoscope, or disbelieving it.

Edited by thisintegrated

Astrology only started to resonate with me more once I learned about my sun/moon/rising rather than just my zodiac sign. It makes sense because having a more in depth description of your signs would be more accurate to each person.

I’m a Sagittarius, and I never really resonated with it that much, but then I learned I am Sag sun and rising and Cancer moon. I resonate with Cancer moon a ton, and I can see how some parts of myself resonate with Sagittarius a lot, so having that more detailed description feels a lot more accurate to me.

Before I felt like I resonated with Sag a bit but it never felt like a good description of my whole personality, but now having the cancer moon piece makes everything feel a lot more accurate, because I can see that Sag is just a part of me and not all of me.

I don't know that much about astrology but i'd be willing to bet there is a fair amount of truth to it if you go into the details of it. 

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

1 hour ago, Tristan12 said:

Astrology only started to resonate with me more once I learned about my sun/moon/rising rather than just my zodiac sign. It makes sense because having a more in depth description of your signs would be more accurate to each person.

I’m a Sagittarius, and I never really resonated with it that much, but then I learned I am Sag sun and rising and Cancer moon. I resonate with Cancer moon a ton, and I can see how some parts of myself resonate with Sagittarius a lot, so having that more detailed description feels a lot more accurate to me.

Before I felt like I resonated with Sag a bit but it never felt like a good description of my whole personality, but now having the cancer moon piece makes everything feel a lot more accurate, because I can see that Sag is just a part of me and not all of me.

I don't know that much about astrology but i'd be willing to bet there is a fair amount of truth to it if you go into the details of it. 

I am intrigued.  Will look into this more deeply.

Aquarius moon does seem to match me.

Ascendant virgo too.

Sagittarius in mercury was dead wrong in one description, but accurate in others.  How am I an "open-minded, unique, innovative thinker" while also being someone who thinks in "black and white"???.

Venus in capricorn seems pretty accurate.

Life Path 8 also accurate, me being an enneagram 7w8..

Libra in mars is very accurate in some descriptions, while completely wrong in others.  Apparently they're often passive aggressive and like to avoid controversy (I love controversy).  Does this sign get altered because of the influence of Life Path 8 or what?

Still, I'm impressed.  Does seem to be above chance.  Finally something worth my time researching?

Edited by thisintegrated

3 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

I don't understand how people still see value in this.

Because it makes everybody feel special :) 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

10 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Because it makes you feel special :) 

It's a possible reason.  But I think it's more than likely there are plenty of intelligent people who are into astrology because they've found some real value in it, besides emotional.

Do a test, including your hour and location of birth, and see if the descriptions of your results are likely to fit everyone equally.

I have seen people making very detailed and correct predictions once they master the whole system. (12 houses, movements ,combinations etc.)

But the real masters of astrology (or saints and sages who have transcended the need to even look at it by having a highly developed intuition) consider it a pseudoscience and are against believing in it instead of believing in one's own will and effort. 

7 minutes ago, captainamerica said:

But the real masters of astrology (or saints and sages who have transcended the need to even look at it by having a highly developed intuition) consider it a pseudoscience and are against believing in it instead of believing in one's own will and effort. 

So these psychics with superhuman intuition are telling people to drop astrology and just "try harder"?

Edited by thisintegrated