martins name

Symbolic representation of the ultimate enemy?

7 posts in this topic

They say mankind will end with a whimper or a bang. A whimper would be a slow degeneration, people slowly polluting the ecosystem by only caring about their little bubble of comfort, a collective death by cowardice. A bang would be something like a nuclear holocaust a meteor strike.

This death from a physics perspective is heat death, the distant future where all stars have burnt out and all energy in the universe is evenly distributed making life impossible. From an ecological perspective this death would be the magots, fungi and microbes that are waiting to feast on humanities carcass.

My first question is: is there a religious or folklore representation of this force?

To me, the devil is not it. The devil may be fractured but at least it survives and evolves. 

Second question: Are there other representations of this force in other fields of thought?

Third question: What do you think is the ultimate enemy? I already sense that some people will say that there is no enemy. To that, I say that everyone has a preference. Even if you know that pain and pleasure are equally perfect, you still have a preference for pleasure. If you had no preference you would die, so what is the opposite of that preference?

The road to God is paved with bliss.

Can you clarify which force you mean?

This is all very dualistic. Thinking in opposites etc. in a sense the thing you are looking for is dualism itself.

The ultimate enemy is you.

You mean like the grim reaper ? I'm not sure I 100% understand the question.

34 minutes ago, martins name said:

@universe @thibault What is the antithesis to what you value the most?

Hmm now I understand. Like what does my ego get deeply triggered by. I would say for me it is virtue signaling. There is something about hijacking genuinely loving things for your ego's personal gain that deeply disturbs me. I think in some years it might even be seen as a form of abuse or exploitation.

I know this energy and work with it.  Fenrir is a good archetypal name for it.

Or "Wetiko".  It sounds like this - and works like this:

It is the other side of the coin, untethered chaos.

Kvx6m5h.jpg

Edited by Loba