jongsijs

Strategist / Autonomous Stage (9 Stages of Ego Development)

6 posts in this topic

Hi All!

I recently watched Leo's episode on the 9 Stages of Ego Development and just started reading the paper for a deeper insight. It is so fascinating. In the mini-series, Leo told me a useful thing about this theory is that you can pinpoint self help literature in a stage and consequently find out what books would serve you better. The point is of course to read literature that would be categorized one or two stages above your 'central stage'. 

So my question to you, does anyone know any good literature that would fit in the Strategist / Autonomous Stage (5) ? 

I think anything from Ken Wilber would be a good place to start. Also, if you're in that stage of development, you can probably draw wisdom from sources, that are developmentally - even radically above or below your own current stage of development.

I'd recommend getting your hands on Leo's book list. At least for me it has been a very valuable resource. 

Edited by jakee

HealthyGamerGG, which is a YouTube channel that focuses wellness and mental health, has a lot of content around the Strategist stage. The guy who runs it is a psychologist who had training as a Vedic monk, so a lot of content focuses on understanding the ego, and on integrating Western and Eastern perspectives on wellness.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Also, the metamodernist paradigm is highly congruent with the Autonomous stage.  Here are the best books I've found on the subject so far.

41Hv6vlgDeL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

41nNthNIA3L._SX342_SY445_QL70_ML2_.jpg

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/