Tudo

Give a girl a lot of compliments on the first date

19 posts in this topic

Give a girl a lot of compliments on the first date is good? or this will only make me seem desperate?

Yea it's desperate 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I think being interested in them is more important than giving compliments, this can be eye contact, asking about some details, relating on something... etc. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

1 hour ago, puporing said:

I think being interested in them is more important than giving compliments, this can be eye contact, asking about some details, relating on something... etc. 

This! ?   

Hold her gaze and be Intimate, stay curious and Interested. Tune in with her flow of feelings and emotions. Dance with her flow of energy.  

Complement her with your eyes: Eye contact for just a second is more than a thousand words and complements.  
With your way of communicating with her through eye contact, she will know your intentions before you have even thought about them yourself.

Your genuine desire to be with her presently, not in the future or thoughts, but being here with her Now.
And if a complement arises then it will come in its own accord. And you just act upon that arising sense of complementing her.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

It's not so much about some specific thing being good or bad, but perhaps rather how you do it. I think if you give a sincere compliment to someone, it's often fine. I'm doing it more often to people, as a male I'm doing it to other males too (not to everyone, but those I feel appreciate it), and it's great to do. 
People are sensitive, if you say something kind that comes from your heart, and not from an energy that seeks approval, they may appreciate that a lot. It's an easy way to make some people feel better in their days. It makes me feel great to do it, and I pretty much only do it when I feel it's appreciated. I think, one loving and conscious way to see relationships is not as an oppurtunity to get love or fulfillment so much, but more as an oppurtunity to redefine who are you are and wish to be

As @Waken says, if it's coming from a loving, heartfelt place, then sure, compliment her -  people can usually sense the underlying intent, even if they aren't fully conscious of it, so she'll likely appreciate it if it's coming from a sincere place. Just don't compliment her in order to try and butter her up.

Edited by RickyFitts

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

My zodiac sign is leo so I love getting compliments and admiration. ? But maybe not on a first date, as Roy said. You can just nonchalantly comment on something you like on her. Play it cool.

Save that for your girl for when you're in a relationship ;)

Look at her like you would look at your favorite food 

In Tate we trust

Don't give compliments with the intention to boost the girl's ego or to make yourself look more agreeable. Give compliments in order to sexualize the conversation and move things forward. It's like talking to a close friend except you are being sexual (as in you are commenting on her looks, making sexual jokes, generally flirting). You don't just hand out compliments for no reason, but to let the other person know you like them and want to be close to them.

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Look at her like you would look at your favorite food 

Wide-eyed and drooling? I guess that might appeal to some women. ?

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@Tudo

You don't give compliments as a way to get something back from a girl.

You give a compliment if something deserves a compliment and you don't expect anything in return.

What will make the girl attracted is your authenticity, your boldness and your non-neediness (which includes a willingness to walk away or DISqualify her if she doesn't match up with your preferences).

But if giving compliments still causes you discomfort like feelings of awkwardness or fears of being rejected, then of course you must practice giving compliments.

But yeah, if you drop tons of compliments on her it's gonna look weird, not genuine and like you have an agenda, maybe also like you don't have standards and are just using compliments as an attraction strategy.

Also feel free to give a girl challenges when you are skeptical about something.

If you are talking to a male friend you probably don't just shower him in compliments, you also express skepticism when something seems odd, like "really dude? I don't know...that seems a bit like a strange thing to do" or whatever. That's because with a guy friend you don't have such a strong agenda and are not concerned about immediately losing him as a friend because of a minor criticism. With girls you might have more fear of loss and therefore a decreased willingness of taking risks, which ironically increases chances of losing her attraction.

Compliments are best given when and where they're least expected. First date, she absolutely knows you like her appearance. So, there's no point in stating the obvious.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

19 hours ago, RickyFitts said:

Wide-eyed and drooling? I guess that might appeal to some women. ?

try it :D

In Tate we trust

24 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

try it :D

You're trying to get me pepper-sprayed, aren't you? ?

I don't really think about it I just say whatever comes out of my mind but now that I think about it I don't think I compliment that much

On 4/25/2022 at 9:01 PM, Tudo said:

Give a girl a lot of compliments on the first date is good?

Never.

Zero compliments. Only if they ask for it.

Her: -"Do you like my hair?"

Me: -"Change is good.''

Keep her guessing.

Give some general girl a general compliment from a general place of general fancy, in general?

or

Give some general girl a general compliment from a general place of general desperation, in general?

?? I do not use the word stupidity lightly, but these types of heuristics is stup..ifying?

For it is heuristics you know, and a very poor one at that, naive heuristics of infinitesimal utility, the types of answers you get from such a question.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Maybe she makes you laugh, maybe she makes you feel good for laughing when you say something that were funny, or not funny at all?

Maybe she wore a dress the color of which you have always loved, maybe she were patient and awaited your late arrival or paid the check like a true gentle'wo'man?

Perhaps she walked you home or avoided taking a picture when you poured the wine all over the food previously, on accident?

Compliments so far as they are explicit statements do surely seldom lend themselves easily to reactions of the order above, but in the world of implication, the social world of interaction, compliments are all over the place, to apply these naive sets of what to do or not will not actually work well for you, instead there are good questions with meaningful qualifiers that can resemblance in a meaningful way an experience of another, such another such as me could then give you an answer of meaning if you weren't so lazy.

I have no background in statistics, or probability, for the reasons above, but let us entertain the idea that a woman will 40% of the time be glad for 3 compliments on the first date, 20% for 5, 5% for 7, 1% for 9. Would this information actually help you in your decisions on that date, and what are you really asking if not for this precise probability distribution?

I can tell you though that if there is not explicated nor implied a single compliment throughout the whole first date, then by pure speculation I judge the chance of a second date to approach zero, much like the utility of naive heuristics as commented above.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Follow the "show don't tell" rule: don't tell her she's pretty, show that you're attracted to her with your body language and tone.

Think about it, would you rather a girl just told you that she thought you were cute, or would you rather see her dialed pupils staring lustfully at you, her leaning in close to you across the table, playing with her hair, giggling at everything you say? What creates a stronger emotional response in you?

Or compliment something unique about her that she won't get a lot of compliments about. People love compliments about things they've worked hard on but they feel don't get appreciated

Or you be playfully super sexually direct with your compliments

Those are some options, but I think generic compliments often come across quite inauthentic and boring