Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabith

Loving Yourself is great

8 posts in this topic

I realize how much loving myself is crucial, the more I love myself, the more life become enjoyable and the more I'm able to make good decisions / moving toward what I really want.

I was wondering what do you do daily to increase this sense of love for yourself ? It's hard to love myself during social interactions, the more love I feel is always when I'm alone... 

@Gabith The most significant thing I did to start love myself was to recognize all the thoughts where I was talking down on myself. It could be in small ways like "oh why did I say that?" or the bigger ways "what's wrong with me?" This constant negative self talk really put me in a state of constant self doubt. 

Doubting what to say or do especially in social interactions but also doubting myself in what to do and if I actually was capable of doing the things I wanted to do in life.

When I finally realized what the negative self talk did to my feeling of self worth my life really started to spiral into self love and happiness.

Loving yourself is the single greatest thing you could do. 

It doesn't compensate for other love though. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

The whole notion of loving myself just doesn't sit right with me - I mean what the fuck am I loving, exactly, is it really myself or is it just an idea of myself that only exists in my imagination, but not in reality? Just seems like it could all too easily slip into puffed-up narcissism, too, which is good for no-one.

For me, true self-love is complete self-compassion and self-acceptance, including all the neglected, broken parts of yourself - the shame, the self-hatred, the upset, all of it. People will typically shy away from those dark feelings, but the path of the true spiritual warrior is a path of self-awareness, self-honesty, vulnerability, and openness of heart.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

20 hours ago, Gabith said:

I realize how much loving myself is crucial, the more I love myself, the more life become enjoyable and the more I'm able to make good decisions / moving toward what I really want.

I was wondering what do you do daily to increase this sense of love for yourself ? It's hard to love myself during social interactions, the more love I feel is always when I'm alone... 

Listen to affimirmations or write your own and say them every morning x