Someone here

How to overcome regret ,shame and guilt?

29 posts in this topic

I did something so fucked up .I'm not gonna even mention what it is because it's too embarrassing to say .

But basically how  can I recover from that?  I'm experiencing some regret and shame and guilt over what I did ..and I think God is not by my side because of what I did .

What should I do now ?

I'm sorry I'm being vague in what I'm asking but I hope someone cam intuit my state and help me..

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Breathe and let go and understand/accept it when it boomerangs back. Love yourself and learn to be better next time. 

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

God is not by my side because of what I did .

God is always by your side and loves you no matter what you do. There are consequences and karma, but it's not God who's against you, it's you who are against you. Unconditional love will heal that split, but it will take a while, so patience is just as important as love.

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

I did something so fucked up .I'm not gonna even mention what it is because it's too embarrassing to say .

But basically how  can I recover from that?  I'm experiencing some regret and shame and guilt over what I did ..and I think God is not by my side because of what I did .

What should I do now ?

I'm sorry I'm being vague in what I'm asking but I hope someone cam intuit my state and help me..

Take a deep breath and realize that you can love yourself through this.

One time, I foolishly took 14 grams of mushrooms, at 11:00 P.M. I had three roommates, two of which were home. I watched Leo's guided exercise for realizing you are God, and had quite a deep experience, right afterwards, my mind snapped, repressed and unconscious behaviors surfaced and took over, as my ego took control. For the next three hours I was screaming and yelling, barging into my roommates rooms, nearly got the police called on me, among other things. completely swept up in the phenomena of the trip. Eventually I started coming down, and with it... Waves of regret, shame, guilt, physical and mental pain, as I cleaned up the mess I made, changed my clothes, showered, and lay there, still tripping balls.

It was some of the most palpable regret I have felt in my entire life. Just knowing how badly I had messed up, knowing that I may have ruined my relationship with my roommates, not knowing if anything was going to be okay. for Hours I lay there, and even the next days and weeks, waves of regret washed over me, as I thought of that experience.

I am so proud of how I handled the waves of emotion and feeling, here's what I did.

As I lay there, or throughout my days post trip, as a wave would come I would tell myself...

"Paul, I love you, I will stay with you through this."

"Paul, This hurts, feel it, go deep into it, cry if you want to, I wont abandon you."

"Paul, You made mistakes, but I still love you, any mistakes you make cannot change how much I love you."

"Paul, someday, you are going to look back with gratitude that it wasn't worse."

"Paul, in a million years, your body wont exist, your mind may not exist, no one will know you existed, there's peace in that."

You are going to be okay. BE the love YOU  need right NOW.

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

The past is over. You can't rewind.

Think about how you can avoid making the same mistakes in the future, then release the guilt, shame, et. and move on.

There's literally no point in guilt-tripping yourself. No positive outcome to have and no one to benefit. Quite the contrary.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

These have helped me deal with the guilt and regret related to my partner's suicide. Maybe they could be helpful for you too.

One thing I also tell myself is that: It doesn't make sense to blame myself that I wasn't who I am now, then.

Because it apparently needed to happen, for me to gain the wisdom I gained.

Another thing is to trust GOD and that this was the ONLY way you could gain the particular wisdom you apparently needed.

Your day-to-day-self is a stupid little motherfucker-idiot compared to GOD, so even though your mind may think things would have been better if so or so, or you could have learned stuff through other means..... just shut it up. Because GOD knows best and GOD is beyond human-ness so don't try to use your human mind to figure it out. Rather lean back and trust. YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.

And then work on expanding your consciousness and go out and have a lot of mind-blowing and life-changing experiences, because the more you grow the smaller the things that feel big now, will seem.

Try to remember how short life is, don't waste too much time.

What is the opposite of guilt? acceptance or maybe self-love? Those are pretty good things to gain. So this experience came to you and I (in different forms) so we can learn the lessons of acceptance and self-love.

That is an amazing gift! Don't know about you but for me... just what I had put on my wish list!

Let's try to realize this and then learn the shit quickly so we won't suffer for much longer and make other people suffer in relation to that.

That's my advice

I love you and I believe you will feel better soon.

11 hours ago, Someone here said:

Hi man:)

I think I know how you feel.

I also had great shame and guilt in the past over certain things I did and I basically thought I could never recover from it.

This changed the moment I realized what God really is. God is Love.

I realized that God NEVER judges you. Never. It's impossible for him to judge you, because what is there to judge? I know this sounds to good to be true, but you literally are PERFECTION. You literally are LOVE. And anything you ever did is PERFECT the way you did it.

To discover this is really healing because finally you can forgive yourself.

I have forgiven myself and realized that my shame and guilt are untruthful because I only did what felt best that moment and that is literally the definition of pure Goodness. Sane thing with you.

Remember that God NEVER judges you, even if you rape and kill a child. God doesn't think like humans. God is higher than us. God doesn't even have to forgive you because I doesn't even judge to begin with. He only loves you. Forever.

I think an awakening could heal you.

Also @Sines advice sounds really good and she has had a lot harder situations to deal with than I did, so I listening to her is definitely gonna help you!

Love ya man!

Cheers:)

1 hour ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Bro, about 6 months ago, I got fooled by a fake fucking Facebook profile, and got baited into showing my dick? And at that moment, it was a HUGE.. HUGE deal for me, like I thought my life was legit fucking over. And guess what. Here I am, and everyone treats me normally. Whatever stupid stuff you've done, it can't be stupider and more shamefull than what I've done, trust me mate? I may read a lot, but I sure do some extremely stupid shit occasionally

@Knowledge Hoarder HAHAHAHAHahahahahah this is so fucking rediculous??????

4 hours ago, Michael Jackson said:

Hi man:)

I think I know how you feel.

I also had great shame and guilt in the past over certain things I did and I basically thought I could never recover from it.

This changed the moment I realized what God really is. God is Love.

I realized that God NEVER judges you. Never. It's impossible for him to judge you, because what is there to judge? I know this sounds to good to be true, but you literally are PERFECTION. You literally are LOVE. And anything you ever did is PERFECT the way you did it.

To discover this is really healing because finally you can forgive yourself.

I have forgiven myself and realized that my shame and guilt are untruthful because I only did what felt best that moment and that is literally the definition of pure Goodness. Sane thing with you.

Remember that God NEVER judges you, even if you rape and kill a child. God doesn't think like humans. God is higher than us. God doesn't even have to forgive you because I doesn't even judge to begin with. He only loves you. Forever.

I think an awakening could heal you.

Also @Sines advice sounds really good and she has had a lot harder situations to deal with than I did, so I listening to her is definitely gonna help you!

Love ya man!

Cheers:)

How do you know that God doesn't judge you?  Is a sinner person and a holy person equal to God? 

All religions and sacred books tell us that God will judge you. If not in this life..at least I the afterlife. 

-Osho

4 hours ago, Sine said:

These have helped me deal with the guilt and regret related to my partner's suicide. Maybe they could be helpful for you too.

One thing I also tell myself is that: It doesn't make sense to blame myself that I wasn't who I am now, then.

Because it apparently needed to happen, for me to gain the wisdom I gained.

Another thing is to trust GOD and that this was the ONLY way you could gain the particular wisdom you apparently needed.

Your day-to-day-self is a stupid little motherfucker-idiot compared to GOD, so even though your mind may think things would have been better if so or so, or you could have learned stuff through other means..... just shut it up. Because GOD knows best and GOD is beyond human-ness so don't try to use your human mind to figure it out. Rather lean back and trust. YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.

And then work on expanding your consciousness and go out and have a lot of mind-blowing and life-changing experiences, because the more you grow the smaller the things that feel big now, will seem.

Try to remember how short life is, don't waste too much time.

What is the opposite of guilt? acceptance or maybe self-love? Those are pretty good things to gain. So this experience came to you and I (in different forms) so we can learn the lessons of acceptance and self-love.

That is an amazing gift! Don't know about you but for me... just what I had put on my wish list!

Let's try to realize this and then learn the shit quickly so we won't suffer for much longer and make other people suffer in relation to that.

That's my advice

I love you and I believe you will feel better soon.

Thank you so much for the solid advice and the kind words .truly appreciate ?

-Osho

14 hours ago, SonataAllegro said:

God is always by your side and loves you no matter what you do. There are consequences and karma, but it's not God who's against you, it's you who are against you. Unconditional love will heal that split, but it will take a while, so patience is just as important as love.

Thank you .that healed my heart a little bit. 

9 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

The past is over. You can't rewind.

Think about how you can avoid making the same mistakes in the future, then release the guilt, shame, et. and move on.

There's literally no point in guilt-tripping yourself. No positive outcome to have and no one to benefit. Quite the contrary.

Yes.makes sense .thank you. 

15 hours ago, Vincent S said:

Breathe and let go and understand/accept it when it boomerangs back. Love yourself and learn to be better next time. 

Thanks.

14 hours ago, Realms of Wonder said:

Take a deep breath and realize that you can love yourself through this.

One time, I foolishly took 14 grams of mushrooms, at 11:00 P.M. I had three roommates, two of which were home. I watched Leo's guided exercise for realizing you are God, and had quite a deep experience, right afterwards, my mind snapped, repressed and unconscious behaviors surfaced and took over, as my ego took control. For the next three hours I was screaming and yelling, barging into my roommates rooms, nearly got the police called on me, among other things. completely swept up in the phenomena of the trip. Eventually I started coming down, and with it... Waves of regret, shame, guilt, physical and mental pain, as I cleaned up the mess I made, changed my clothes, showered, and lay there, still tripping balls.

It was some of the most palpable regret I have felt in my entire life. Just knowing how badly I had messed up, knowing that I may have ruined my relationship with my roommates, not knowing if anything was going to be okay. for Hours I lay there, and even the next days and weeks, waves of regret washed over me, as I thought of that experience.

I am so proud of how I handled the waves of emotion and feeling, here's what I did.

As I lay there, or throughout my days post trip, as a wave would come I would tell myself...

"Paul, I love you, I will stay with you through this."

"Paul, This hurts, feel it, go deep into it, cry if you want to, I wont abandon you."

"Paul, You made mistakes, but I still love you, any mistakes you make cannot change how much I love you."

"Paul, someday, you are going to look back with gratitude that it wasn't worse."

"Paul, in a million years, your body wont exist, your mind may not exist, no one will know you existed, there's peace in that."

You are going to be okay. BE the love YOU  need right NOW.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. ?

5 hours ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Bro, about 6 months ago, I got fooled by a fake fucking Facebook profile, and got baited into showing my dick? And at that moment, it was a HUGE.. HUGE deal for me, like I thought my life was legit fucking over. And guess what. Here I am, and everyone treats me normally. Whatever stupid stuff you've done, it can't be stupider and more shamefull than what I've done, trust me mate? I may read a lot, but I sure do some extremely stupid shit occasionally

Hahaha ha ? 

-Osho

drop all worthless regret 

how i am not going to repeat

14 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

drop all worthless regret

Easier said than done .

-Osho

Fully feel it

let it go

don't resist

lay down and completely relax your body. Do some purging Qigong to Purge the energy

transmute it into self understanding of your values. Every mistake reveals your values and how to do better.

Journal your thoughts down and don’t filter 

be kind to yourself

And give it time. It will pass.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

53 minutes ago, Someone here said:

How do you know that God doesn't judge you?  Is a sinner person and a holy person equal to God? 

All religions and sacred books tell us that God will judge you. If not in this life..at least I the afterlife. 

God doesn’t judge. 

If anything God wants you to forgive yourself 

the devil on the other hand?

not all sacred texts say this lol only finite beings judge 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

God doesn’t judge. 

not all sacred texts say this lol

Same question..how do you know that God doesn't judge?  Did you meet him someday and asked them about it lol?

Btw I'm talking about Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christinaty and islam,) tell us that God is judgemental and have reward (heaven ) and punishment (hell).

In Eastern religions like Buddhism and Hinduism maybe they have more of a neutral all loving version of God.

-Osho

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Same question..how do you know that God doesn't judge?  Did you meet him someday and asked them about it lol?

Btw I'm talking about Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christinaty and islam,) tell us that God is judgemental and have reward (heaven ) and punishment (hell).

In Eastern religions like Buddhism and Hinduism maybe they have more of a neutral all loving version of God.

Because, God is all possible possibilities and whatever you have done was already one of its thoughts. And was equivalent to nothing. 

Your idea of Sin, is a mental construct. It doesn’t exist out there in the world.

These ancient texts were written by unconscious people, people at lower spiral and developmental stages. They project their own judgments and fears into God. 

God is infinity. It has nothing to lose. It completely understands, loves and forgives. Forever, for everything. Because the highest intelligence would have to be an idiot to judge. 

the lower your consciousness the more you judge. 

God is the highest consciousness.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

You make mistakes because you are finite and ignorant. This is very normal. 

What’s to judge?

◭"89"

13 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Because, God is all possible possibilities and whatever you have done was already one of its thoughts. And was equivalent to nothing. 

Your idea of Sin, is a mental construct. It doesn’t exist out there in the world.

These ancient texts were written by unconscious people, people at lower spiral and developmental stages. They project their own judgments and fears into God. 

God is infinity. It has nothing to lose. It completely understands, loves and forgives. Forever, for everything. Because the highest intelligence would have to be an idiot to judge. 

the lower your consciousness the more you judge. 

God is the highest consciousness.

So does God love Hitler as much as he loves gandhi? That seems unfair .

If a person is evil and killed millions of innocent souls ..how can there not be punishment for him?  Call it bad karma or whatever but you get the point ..there must be a cosmic balance ..evil people should have evil karma ..Good people should have good karma .

That's how I see it right now at this part of my spiritual path .

I can't accept unconditional love. It's too radical.  The idea that no matter what you do ..the universe will always be in your side. 

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

So does God love Hitler as much as he loves gandhi? That seems unfair .

If a person is evil and killed millions of innocent souls ..how can there not be punishment for him?  Call it bad karma or whatever but you get the point ..there must be a cosmic balance ..evil people should have evil karma ..Good people should have good karma .

That's how I see it right now at this part of my spiritual path .

I can't accept unconditional love. It's too radical.  The idea that no matter what you do ..the universe will always be in your side. 

God destroys evil Karma with…. Infinite Love. 

If you do ugly shit, people will punish you. God will not. 

I understand, you and I are finite beings. We are too selfish to love God how it loves us. God accepts that.

You think Hitler is evil because you are selfish and you don’t understand Hitler, history, how trauma works, ideology, finite beings etc. 

Every person who hitler killed? They all received Gods infinite love.

All is One. 

To condemn hitler is to condemn Gods will….. 

Now, as a finite being I condemn these evils. But, I understand it. 

Actually infinite forgiveness is fair. 

If you were born in hitlers situation you would have done the exact same thing.

You live your life judging others because you don’t understand them. Then you judge yourself and turn your life and this planet into a hell.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"