Preety_India

What are the dangers of psychedelics?

74 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

Taking Ayahuasca alone is a bad idea.  I have been to a lot of ceremonies and have seen many purges and how extreme it can get.   Even a trip sitter is not going to know what to do if you freak out.  You want a real healer who knows what to do and how to process the experience.  The goal is to be healed, not retraumatized.

Since you have been to a lot of ceremonies, would you recommend it to a newbie? Also, have you been to any ceremonies in North America? Are they safe? Is it possible to ask them for a micro dose? 

17 hours ago, OBEler said:

This whole thread is based on your Bias and assumptions. 

Psychedelics do have dangers associated with them or else people would do them everyday 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

12 hours ago, no_name said:

Since you have been to a lot of ceremonies, would you recommend it to a newbie? Also, have you been to any ceremonies in North America? Are they safe? Is it possible to ask them for a micro dose? 

I have been to ceremonies in Mexico, but not the US.  Ayahuasca is safe as long as you meet the screening requirements, like not being on any antidepressants.  The most important thing is to have a facilitator who knows how to create a safe space and take care of people.  You could ask for a half or quarter cup to start, and take more later if that isn’t enough.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

On 4/27/2022 at 11:50 AM, Benton said:

If people can prepare for kundalini energy the same can be said for psychedelics. Energetic capacity goes up with gradual exposure.

And why trust someone who has a disdain towards psychedelics, and claims to have never taken one?

I have seen him talk about this. The way he talks about psychedelics is ignorant. I love Sadhguru, but he misleads people as far as psychedelics are concerned. There is some validity to some of his takes. But his takes are lopsided.

I heard him talk about how weed and lsd makes people jump off cliffs because people think they can fly… They are not similar experientially at all. And I have taken 10 tabs plus and never had a desire to jump from a cliff. Mayne some peole would. Actually most couldn’t handle that kind of dosage. If a mentally stable person takes a single tab in a good environment they would be fine.

Yeah.  He probably doesn’t have the best understanding of psychedelics or weed.

I just think sadhguru comes from a stage blue environment in india, where from a young age society trains you to see those things as drugs, and drugs are bad. He definitely still operates in stage blue. He even justifies a lot of useless rituals and dogmas in Hinduism, I guess that’s how he maintains his followers in India ??‍♂️

A relative danger in not taking them is not having the knowledge that your authority as God can be revisited. That is a concession though.

The danger in taking them, on the other hand, is simply suffering -- exacerbated if the character (reflection of the underlying true nature) is either 1. not ready, or 2. their ego structure is in just the right setup to clash with psychedelics, or 3. they get the insight but don't take the hint that you can do this work without psychedelics, as that's where 99% of the truth is. Psychedelics are both the cherry on top and also a potential cheat or sneak peak of what's possible. I can neither recommend them nor not recommend them. For me, they were essential, but paradoxically I never actually needed them -- after you already use them to find that God realization or even higher (the highest, if you don't prefer to describe the absolute/fundamental as God) is possible (because you went there), they just provide keys at key points.

An ongoing, burning-away-falsehood, natural self inquiry driven by unshakable curiosity and passion for alignment, groove, and expansion... this is where the money's at. Earlier attitude of this may be "What is everything?" You know you're on the right track when the internal egoic attitude is something like "Come on man:o... you don't need to look there! Stop that! This is not where we wanna go!!" Though until you get to the point where that happens automatically, you can perhaps strong-arm your way into initial genuine direct insights in something beyond finitude and separate identity. Don't take this too seriously -- at the highest levels it's recognized that reality truly isn't in a certain way, as the actual fundamentals of reality are constantly shuffling and therefore there is no real universality, which can't really be seen until after total enlightenment (which has finality yet is paradoxically ongoing).

On 2022-05-18 at 0:08 AM, The0Self said:

A relative danger in not taking them is not having the knowledge that your authority as God can be revisited. That is a concession though.

The danger in taking them, on the other hand, is simply suffering -- exacerbated if the character (reflection of the underlying true nature) is either 1. not ready, or 2. their ego structure is in just the right setup to clash with psychedelics, or 3. they get the insight but don't take the hint that you can do this work without psychedelics, as that's where 99% of the truth is. Psychedelics are both the cherry on top and also a potential cheat or sneak peak of what's possible. I can neither recommend them nor not recommend them. For me, they were essential, but paradoxically I never actually needed them -- after you already use them to find that God realization or even higher (the highest, if you don't prefer to describe the absolute/fundamental as God) is possible (because you went there), they just provide keys at key points.

An ongoing, burning-away-falsehood, natural self inquiry driven by unshakable curiosity and passion for alignment, groove, and expansion... this is where the money's at. Earlier attitude of this may be "What is everything?" You know you're on the right track when the internal egoic attitude is something like "Come on man:o... you don't need to look there! Stop that! This is not where we wanna go!!" Though until you get to the point where that happens automatically, you can perhaps strong-arm your way into initial genuine direct insights in something beyond finitude and separate identity. Don't take this too seriously -- at the highest levels it's recognized that reality truly isn't in a certain way, as the actual fundamentals of reality are constantly shuffling and therefore there is no real universality, which can't really be seen until after total enlightenment (which has finality yet is paradoxically ongoing).

Beautifully explained ???✨

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

psychedelics are fundamental if you want to understand the structure of what you are. imagine that you were a building, and try to understand yourself in depth. Nothing better than being able to dynamite yourself, blow yourself up into particles, and then witness how everything is rebuilt, pipes, foundations, etc. At first it would be very unpleasant because the non-structure would seem like death, but once you get used to the process, it is most instructive. Above all, you would realize that doing with this depth without psychedelics is completely impossible, there would always be hidden layers. the psychedelic destroys everything, leaves nothing standing. For me, what you understand with psychedelics about reality is not important, since after a while it transforms into an ego, and strengthens the ego. the only understanding that counts is the one from right now, the one from the past is as if you had read it in a book, canned. but the psychedelic opens the routes for you to blow up the barriers of attachment to the form that keep you locked up, and that's all in this work 

the dangers are that the destruction of your structure can deeply destabilize you

Edited by Breakingthewall

On 25/04/2022 at 6:43 AM, BenG said:

Especially for late teens and early twenties college students.

Late teens eh? What about middle teens ;) 

(Just kidding)

What would you say is the right age to try them?

5 hours ago, Vision said:

What would you say is the right age to try them?

I heard that brain fully develops when you are about 25 years old. That's the age where it would be ideal age to start. But don't trust me on that,  additional research needed. But I think it's a good place to start.

Many people start using substances way younger than that despite any research. It may be fine if you are younger, but again fact check that. Most concerns are about developmental issues.

On 5/18/2022 at 0:40 AM, kray said:

I just think sadhguru comes from a stage blue environment in india, where from a young age society trains you to see those things as drugs, and drugs are bad. He definitely still operates in stage blue. He even justifies a lot of useless rituals and dogmas in Hinduism, I guess that’s how he maintains his followers in India ??‍♂️

Well I wouldn't put Sadhguru in blue stage. Although his views on psychedelics very conservative and close minded which seems like unsolved stage blue problem. But overall his teachings comparatively are way better than stage blue traditional religious dogma. 

8 hours ago, BenG said:

The way society normalizes alcohol is much worse imo.

Wholeheartedly agree. I know someone who has been drinking since he was 8, his family even buys alcohol for him whenever asks for it. 

It literally brings zero benefit to your life but (some) people call you a pussy if you don’t try it... classic crabs in a bucket.

That’s why I will never drink in my life. There’s a risk I’ll get addicted to it.

Alcohol only has risks without any benefits, it’s a strategic blunder that is unfortunately normalised and even encouraged in western society like you said.

11 minutes ago, BenG said:

Quality friends will respect it

I’ve found such people hard to find ??

I plan on making friends with people I meet in workshops, masterminds, conferences, seminars, etc.

Guaranteed to find people that have at least one common interest as you (otherwise they wouldn’t have paid so much to be there).