Epikur

Owen Cook Wants The Revolution. Wants You To Say Hi To Strangers

57 posts in this topic

At minute 32.00

@Epikur Haven’t watched any of Owen’s content in a while. I was worried he might have gone some sort of 2020 conspiracy or alt-right rabbit hole. It seems like his message is more or less the same it has been for a long time, with just some details changed. It’s good to see.

Offerings: akourakin.com

His free tour videos including this series haven’t been great lately, way too rambly and repetitive. He said he filmed a year worth of videos for his main channel that he needs 6 months to edit. I suggest waiting for those.

Posted (edited)

Just stumbled ower this one from him:

Btw he was at Tim Pool's show

Edited by Epikur

@Epikur I don't think i've ever seen Owen being interviewed or on someone else's show. I don't watch Tim Pool for obvious reasons but might have to make an exception this time. I always thought Owen needs to be in other people's videos. Shame its Tim Pool haha!

4 hours ago, Epikur said:

Just stumbled ower this one from him:

Btw he was at Tim Pool's show

That girl is confident as fuck

is this just a marketing tactic to make him seem like he's rich but still "for the little guy"

3 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

is this just a marketing tactic to make him seem like he's rich but still "for the little guy"

Yeah, he actually advised against this tactic in his videos for YEARS and then started doing it over and over again.

He went full conspiracy/alt-right since the pandemic started. I guess he is just milking his audience, he knows what they want and is giving it to them. 

8 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

Yeah, he actually advised against this tactic in his videos for YEARS and then started doing it over and over again.

He went full conspiracy/alt-right since the pandemic started. I guess he is just milking his audience, he knows what they want and is giving it to them. 

reminds me of Andrew Tate who is showing people how to "escape the matrix" by fleecing them :)

Owen has some great ideas, just don't get into the conspiracy stuff. Take his practical social and spiritual advice.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Owen has some great ideas, just don't get into the conspiracy stuff. Take his practical social and spiritual advice.

He physically looks like he’s getting crazier every year.

Though I do wish we had some kind of revolution. I’d like to think that most people these days want it to given how sick and tired most people in 1st world countries are getting sick and tired of status quo of government and politics overall. 

To me Owen says the same things Leo talks about in his Social Matrix episode. It never even occured to me he was into conspiracy talk.

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

https://youtu.be/gKQOXYB2cd8

3 hours ago, Hardkill said:

He physically looks like he’s getting crazier every year.

He's pretty obnoxious to listen to comfortably. I like his old chill style way better. But his ideas are still good.

Though I do wish we had some kind of revolution. I’d like to think that most people these days want it to given how sick and tired most people in 1st world countries are getting sick and tired of status quo of government and politics overall.

A revolution does not solve serious problems, it's mostly just useless drama. We don't need a revolution, we need competent leadership and governance. We can't solve our problems by flailing our arms around.

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He's pretty obnoxious to listen to comfortably. I like his old chill style way better. But his ideas are still good.

A revolution does not solve serious problems, it's mostly just useless drama. We don't need a revolution, we need competent leadership and governance. We can't solve our problems by flailing our arms around.

I think he said he screams to keep people off auto pilot so they pay attention and are engaged to his content

I dont trust revolutionists. just another power grab. osho said something like "once they gain power instead of using their power to change things the power itself changes them"

Edited by Twentyfirst

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, he seemed cooler with his older style.

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

18 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

I think he said he screams to keep people off auto pilot so they pay attention and are engaged to his content

I dont trust revolutionists. just another power grab. osho said something like "once they gain power instead of using their power to change things the power itself changes them"

Well, if not a revolution then why aren’t people desperate enough to make  fundamental change like what the Square Deal, New Freedom, New Deal, Fair Deal, or Great Society programs did instead of just resenting the corruption of politicians?

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Yeah, he seemed cooler with his older style.

Well, if not a revolution then why aren’t people desperate enough to make  fundamental change like what the Square Deal, New Freedom, New Deal, Fair Deal, or Great Society programs did instead of just resenting the corruption of politicians?

People who start a revolution aren't aware that they can fall into the same corrupt power traps as the ones they overthrow. Or they know but are just tricking their followers to help them. So it can seem like a good idea at first

Either way there are always gonna be people who fall through the cracks of societies benefits and get fucked by it and then have a personal vendetta against it. System doesn't work for everyone and some people are pissed about that and would rather bring about change their own way rather than what the society deems acceptable and comfortable 

Edited by Twentyfirst

48 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

I understand that but it's too much. I don't need someone yelling at me for 1hr+ in order to get the information. It actually hurts my ability to listen because it's over-stimulating.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I understand that but it's too much. I don't need someone yelling at me for 1hr+ in order to get the information. It actually hurts my ability to listen because it's over-stimulating.

Agreed but its pretty innocent in nothing bad can come out of it. But the whole "im a rich LA elite but im still fighting for the little guy" marketing speech could result in some tears 

41 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

But the whole "im a rich LA elite but im still fighting for the little guy" marketing speech

Owen's got his heart in the right place. Honestly he could have retired a long time ago. He genuinely loves helping people. He's not doing it for the money.