Someone here

If you're suicidal, read this !

20 posts in this topic

Look beyond thoughts of suicide

The hopelessness you feel as you consider suicide may be the side effect of a difficult situation or an illness that can be treated. This emotion can be so overpowering that it clouds your judgment and leads you to believe that taking your own life is the best, or only, option.

Recognize that these feelings are temporary and that with appropriate treatment you can learn how to help yourself feel better about life again. Asking others for support can help you see that you have other options and give you hope about the future.

Create a list of the reasons you have to live. This list can include being alive for your pet, your children, a favorite niece, or something that you enjoy doing at work or at home. It doesn't matter what the list includes, but finding a sense of purpose in your life can make a difference.

Also..understand this ..you are gambling when you consider suicide..you don't know what happens after death..maybe you will live a worse life after you kill yourself. I mean who the fuck knows what happen when you die

. At least you know this world and you can ground yourself in the Here and now .while in suicide you are risking going to a hell realm.

You have no other options  .

.to be..or to be 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I agree. Grounding yourself in the Here and Now(feel the negative feelings when they arise, be with them until they fade away) seems to be improving my mental health significantly(Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now helped me with this). It's easy to feel negative emotion and be tricked by thoughts that you will feel like shit for the rest of your life. Whatever you're feeling is temporary and the thought that one can't handle it anymore is an illusion that is easy to fall for, since you already handled the last moment you can handle suffering the next moment too. But of course, the suffering is not eternal, it's impossible. It's just that the thought that "what if this shit lasts for the next 25 years, I would rather die" that feeds the negative feelings with energy and sustains their visit.

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

you don't know what happens after death..maybe you will live a worse life after you kill yourself. I mean who the fuck knows what happen when you die

This thought is good. Brings back sense of integrity in heart. 

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

You have no other options  .

.to be..or to be

No. This not true. We have options. We don't have to clinging to this sense of living. Die into the unknown or live to find out all the wisdom of myself.

53 minutes ago, Asayake said:

I agree. Grounding yourself in the Here and Now(feel the negative feelings when they arise, be with them until they fade away) seems to be improving my mental health significantly(Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now helped me with this). It's easy to feel negative emotion and be tricked by thoughts that you will feel like shit for the rest of your life. Whatever you're feeling is temporary and the thought that one can't handle it anymore is an illusion that is easy to fall for, since you already handled the last moment you can handle suffering the next moment too. But of course, the suffering is not eternal, it's impossible. It's just that the thought that "what if this shit lasts for the next 25 years, I would rather die" that feeds the negative feelings with energy and sustains their visit.

Our thoughts, emotions, and behaviors are all linked, so our thoughts impact how we feel and act. So, although we all have unhelpful thoughts from time to time, it’s important to know what to do when they appear so we don’t let them change the course of our day.

Therapy can often be helpful for changing negative thoughts, but you can also learn how to change your thought patterns.

Mindfulness has its roots in meditation. It is the practice of detaching yourself from your thoughts and emotions and viewing them as an outside observer. Practicing mindfulness can help you become more conscious of your thoughts and build greater self-awareness.

Mindfulness sets out to change your relationship to your thoughts.

Try viewing your thoughts and feelings as objects floating past you that you can stop and observe or let pass you by.

-Osho

40 minutes ago, ZGROPIUS said:

No. This not true. We have options. We don't have to clinging to this sense of living. Die into the unknown or live to find out all the wisdom of myself.

The problem is you are scared shitless of the unknown.  Death is no joke .its the one most thing you fear. 

-Osho

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

The problem is you are scared shitless of the unknown.  Death is no joke .its the one most thing you fear. 

@Someone here What are you talking about. I pointed out the fact that we have a choice relatively speaking. and it's NOT GOOD to force one who has a suicide tendency to live and tell them they have no choice, most of all it's not true. Because the truth is reality is free to do anything including suicide.

- _ - Why you're saying "Death is no joke" ?  You understand the truth of death? I understand nothing about death really except different versions of concepts of it. Whether you know it or not it shouldn't be scary either.

Edited by ZGROPIUS

You can't decide what a suicidal person wants. 

Personally I have been suicidal half my life now. 

It's an extremely extremely complex issue. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@ZGROPIUS @Preety_India

The thing about suicide is that it starts as a thought .with meditation and mindfulness we can observe the thoughts and be detached from it .

You don’t need to act on your thoughts right now. The option of taking your own life isn’t going to go away. You can make this decision tomorrow, next week or next month if you still want to.

Try to focus on just getting through today and not the rest of your life. You may have had these thoughts before, but you feel less able to cope today. You might find that you are more able to cope in a few days.

-Osho

1 hour ago, Zeroguy said:

No, it's not

What is not what ?

-Osho

@Someone here this is true but not entirely true. 

Suicide is not just about thoughts. Sometimes people have deep problems like financial or health that are extremely difficult to solve and those issues cause people to sometimes feel helpless and give up.. 

Suicide is a very serious thing that needs attention.. Even therapists can't solve it. 

We need an extensive system to address the problem. It's not just a psychological problem. It goes beyond psychology

10 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Someone here this is true but not entirely true. 

Suicide is not just about thoughts. Sometimes people have deep problems like financial or health that are extremely difficult to solve and those issues cause people to sometimes feel helpless and give up.. 

Suicide is a very serious thing that needs attention.. Even therapists can't solve it. 

We need an extensive system to address the problem. It's not just a psychological problem. It goes beyond psychology

I sympathise with you, my dear !

And I agree its not just about the suicidal thoughts .it manifest as a psychological shock and maybe even physical effects like when people experience panic attacks.  I've been there myself before ..so I know what I'm talking about. 

No matter how much pain you’re experiencing right now, you’re not alone. Many of us have had suicidal thoughts at some point in our lives. Feeling suicidal is not a character defect, and it doesn’t mean that you are crazy, or weak, or flawed. It only means that you have more pain than you can cope with right now. But with time and support, you can overcome your problems and the pain and suicidal feelings will pass.

Some of the finest, most admired, needed, and talented people have been where you are now. Many of us have thought about taking our own lives when we’ve felt overwhelmed by depression and devoid of all hope. But the pain of depression can be treated and hope can be renewed.

No matter what your situation, there are people who need you, places where you can make a difference, and experiences that can remind you that life is worth living. It takes real courage to face death and step back from the brink. You can use that courage to face life, to learn coping skills for overcoming depression, and for finding the strength to keep going. Remember:

Your emotions are not fixed—they are constantly changing. How you feel today may not be the same as how you felt yesterday or how you’ll feel tomorrow or next week.

Your absence would create grief and anguish in the lives of friends and loved ones.

There are many things you can still accomplish in your life.

There are sights, sounds, and experiences in life that have the ability to delight and lift you—and that you would miss.

Your ability to experience pleasurable emotions is equal to your ability to experience distressing emotions.

-Osho

13 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

No it's not.@Someone here

No it is .jus because you didn't suffer suicidal thoughts before doesn't mean others aren't.  When and if you experience it yourself you will have a better frame of reference .

-Osho

People who say they will commit suicide ussualy never do it.

Suicidal ideation is just that a fantasy.

2 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

People who say they will commit suicide ussualy never do it.

Suicidal ideation is just that a fantasy.

False. 

-Osho

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

@ZGROPIUS @Preety_India

The thing about suicide is that it starts as a thought .with meditation and mindfulness we can observe the thoughts and be detached from it .

You don’t need to act on your thoughts right now. The option of taking your own life isn’t going to go away. You can make this decision tomorrow, next week or next month if you still want to.

Try to focus on just getting through today and not the rest of your life. You may have had these thoughts before, but you feel less able to cope today. You might find that you are more able to cope in a few days.

@Someone here  my love... this is so biased. Please read yourself. If one wants to leave but others force them to stay It might only get more sad and angry.

If you have some serious emotional problem and reach out to some guru they speak down to you from an absolute perspective. How do you feel? Leo has spent an incalculable amount of time using the most concise language for people who don't understand, descending to their level of understanding and perspective, bit by bit to get you to the level of understanding you are now.

Please understand your suicidal friends and treat them more Equally. Their thoughts are no different than your relative reasoning.  Simply obstructing suicide is not the real aim.

Edited by ZGROPIUS

On 4/25/2022 at 0:01 AM, ZGROPIUS said:

@Someone here  my love... this is so biased. Please read yourself. If one wants to leave but others force them to stay It might only get more sad and angry.

If you have some serious emotional problem and reach out to some guru they speak down to you from an absolute perspective. How do you feel? Leo has spent an incalculable amount of time using the most concise language for people who don't understand, descending to their level of understanding and perspective, bit by bit to get you to the level of understanding you are now.

Please understand your suicidal friends and treat them more Equally. Their thoughts are no different than your relative reasoning.  Simply obstructing suicide is not the real aim.

I agree with this perspective as well. 

It feels like a big part of me died a long time ago, and I haven't felt happiness since. Yes, emotions and thoughts are transient, but I've lived the last 7 years of my life in emotional pain/dissociation. Seldom have I felt genuine positive emotions.  

I got some shit done and I had helped people and animals, but it doesn't feel like what I've done outweighs my suicidal state. I also don't see any end in sight to my suffering. And I don't mean that type of suffering of having an ego and all that that makes you an average human... I mean my high level suffering which is breaking me more and more to the point where it feels like my destiny is to kill myself or just die of stress. 

However, there is solid advice in this thread. Thank God there aren't people here who just say "get rid of your ego" and "experience love", like there used to be on this forum when such issues were discussed. 

@Ryan_047 please do not kill yourself. There is Hope .you can get better. You matter. You have been created by god to fuliful a purpose. Your life has meaning and value .find  and do everything that feels close to your heart and higher self and stay away from everything you know you should be staying away from. If you did this..I promise you that your life will only get better and better .but it takes time and practice. 

Stay safe .much love for you ❤. 

-Osho