ardacigin

You need to meditate HOURS back to back continuously!

42 posts in this topic

On 24.04.2022 at 8:00 PM, Carl-Richard said:

I'm going Neo-Advaita on this one: the period of my life where I was the most conscious was after I decided to stop meditating and stop seeking enlightenment. I genuinely didn't want it, and that lowered my defenses to a new level.

This is not only highly unlikely but filled with potential misunderstandings for anyone who is on the spiritual path. If you are trying to advocate for 'effortlessness' of practice, this is not the right way to do it.

I hope you understand 'letting life flow and stopping this meditation business' is basically 99% self-deception for all meditators. Your life continues as before and huge backsliding occurs very quickly. Your self-perception is almost always maintained. And since you no longer have a spiritual practice, you can never hope to integrate insights to any significant level.

Edited by ardacigin

@ardacigin

It also has to be said that I spent 3 years before that obsessing about enlightenment every single moment of the day, so I'm not saying meditation etc. is not required. I'm saying that the attachment to spiritual practice, or the fruits of the practice, can be a hurdle, and that this attachment is largely unconscious or involuntary, meaning that you can't will yourself out of wanting enlightenment (or dropping the attachment) before you genuinely want to do so, because you can't "will what you want".

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.