thisintegrated

Losing interest in intellectual pursuits/matters

41 posts in this topic

Is there anybody who you have a good emotional bond with?

one day this will all be memories

6 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

But now I'm just looking at it all from a higher perspective, and seeing how despite the infinite depth present in everything, It's all meaningless.

Hmm...Well, friend I don't feel you as God would consider it all meaningless. I don't want to make assumptions about you since I don't know you, but this is not how you as God views life. 

11 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

But as I want to wake up, the meaning/purpose I'm creating for myself is in waking up.  All else is a distraction.  As soon as one is ready, I think waking up becomes the only worthy goal to aim for.

That is a wonderful goal, but I don't feel it's correct to view it as the only worthy goal to have. 

13 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Or maybe it's something else, idk, I'm too tired to think now..

When you are more rested, maybe consider some other things and see if there could be other causes affecting your outlook on life. There are many things that can affect our mood and mental state. 

3 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

No games, no anime, no pointless intellectualizing, no pointless debating, no pointless teaching.. what's left?  I actually had an answer for this years ago, but the same things don't matter to me anymore.

Sports? Relationships? Work? Learning useful skills?

Not everything has to be intellectual.

2 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

What do you do at that point… they say the seeking energy stops when your reach enlightenment.

You can radiate love.

You can go deeper into awakening.

You can be playful with life, and make your own rules... ^_^

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Just do what attracts you the most in the moment buddy, then you'll live in/from the present, otherwise you're just training tension and living from the very limited intelligence of your mind

My awakenings and the contrast of my survival needs create a vision which actually increases my curiosity for understanding and manipulating reality because I see how beautiful I could make my life.

I think if I was in Leo's position of financial abundance it may be different but... anyway. 

For me, It's call connected. The states, awakenings and the intellectual systems. All part of this .... 

I mean, learning for learning sake is something I value. But, I also value one day being very financial rich, and taking the achiever stage of development as far as I can. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I haven't gone full monk mode.

@Leo Gura Have you tried? I assume so given your solo meditation retreats. 

Is it a vision you have? Do you see yourself going full Monk mode and becoming a recluse at some point in the future?

I recall you making a post on your blog saying something along the lines of "A monk is just a practicing metaphysician". I saw it a couple of years ago.

12 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I think if I was in Leo's position of financial abundance it may be different but... anyway. 

In what ways would it be different?

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I haven't gone full monk mode.

Will you ever go full monk mode? @Leo Gura

19 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

That is a wonderful goal, but I don't feel it's correct to view it as the only worthy goal to have. 

I said the only worthy goal once a person is ready.  99.9% of people will never be ready and will never care about this.  But those on the actualization path, if successful enough, should reach a point where they outgrow the desire for small dopamine hits.  For as long as you're satisfied with the games and illusions, you won't have any reason to aim higher.

19 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

Sports? Relationships? Work? Learning useful skills?

Not everything has to be intellectual.

So.. like.. gardening?  Working at mcdonalds?

Obvious sports isn't an option.  I'm not at school anymore and I'm not a professional at any sport.

Why would any skill be "useful"?  Useful in attaining what goal?

And I'm already in a relationship.

17 hours ago, A_v_E said:

Art is the ultimate form of intellec.

politics, economy, all of this is survival bullshit for scums.

people with rat brain, incapable of elevating to pure godhood.

drawing, music, that is the true art of the gods.
beauty based is what life is about,

it is the ultimate form of elevation one can look forward

a life of art and dance.

all that is survival based is childish and anti god.

art in flow and ataraxia is communion with the divine, once your mind forget humanity business, you'll find true and infinite joy.

only your dream of art and beauty is true.

Only love shall remain, all fear based acts will corrupt your soul, you must heal

Yaah, I'm a composer.  But artistic expression is nothing but egoic expression.  I used to be content with just immersing myself in music, but I'm kinda dying and have no energy for this anymore.  I prefer silence over music these days.

19 hours ago, Esilda said:

@thisintegrated meditation. Tranquility. 

Yep.

16 hours ago, Waken said:

Just do what attracts you the most in the moment buddy, then you'll live in/from the present, otherwise you're just training tension and living from the very limited intelligence of your mind

There's nothing.

9 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

But you're nothing without me. ?

Truth.

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

My awakenings and the contrast of my survival needs create a vision which actually increases my curiosity for understanding and manipulating reality because I see how beautiful I could make my life.

I could've said the same thing a few years back.  I just don't care anymore.  How many years can you keep entertaining yourself with insights about the world?  At first I was fascinated by how everything's the same.  How composing music / directing films / writing stories / drawing art / designing software / designing architecture / etc. is all the exact same thing.  Expert in one = expert in all.  But I just don't care anymore.  None of it fascinates me anymore.

Create something instead.

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@thisintegrated  read da vinci life, found it inspiring

I get you, I m between silence and noise, most of the time. Now I even find pleasure in full control over pleasure. ( no drugs, no orgasms, pure meditation and learning )

to be intellectual or not, in fact, it means nothing, my cousin doesn't even know how to write his own tongue ( me included, lot of grammar faults all the time ) but the thing is.. "intellectuality" is over rated.

try new spiritual thing, open your mind to people you hate, and makes things meaningful on the moment. Be in the flow of life and you'll not ask for "why"

infinite cooking master, infinite musicians, infinite talker, infinite bullshit, nothing can be mastered entirely, and so you'll never reach the goal

there is only your adaption growth curve into a set of relative parameter.

Electronic composition seems infinite, but also drawing, creating new thoughts and integrate them to see where this goes when you apply the philosophy behind some new metaphysics.

there is no goal to nothing.

Or out of nothing you can still become a crypto zealot, 

just try to explore new thing all the time.

or maybe this is just how I function.

On 4/23/2022 at 11:41 AM, Leo Gura said:

And even all spiritual books and teachings become dumb.

Does that mean I should stop reading and digesting them?

58 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Only if you are above them.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Only if you are above them.

Another question related to the spiritual books and teachings -  even if I'm above them, can I still do them? 

1 hour ago, Magnanimous said:

Treat them like scaffolding. You can't build a building without scaffolding, but once the building is complete, you no longer need the scaffolding.

Use them as a guide, but eventually you'll find that your best answers will come from yourself, since you are your own authority.

Still, asking others and reading books can help with gaining new perspectives. So it's not all black and white.