Tyler Durden

Do thoughts predict or cause events?

4 posts in this topic

Tonight I had a random thought about an earthquake. Just few minutes later it happend. That got me wondering, did my thoughts predicted it or caused it? Was their role passive or active in that process?

The earthquake itself is a thought-form. At the level of the human subconscious(the levels of mind between the unconscious and the conscious) awareness of things beyond oneself or outside of your ordinary means of perception are accessible, this function is called intuition. All humans have intuition, but most learn to suppress it due to cultural influences that negatively value such phenomena. This being caused by fear of the devil in instances of Christian societies, and fear of falling into delusion in Secular ones.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

You have to be very careful with this type of inquiry. Because the ego will try to claim ownership of the thoughts and the occurrence. Meaning your sense of "I" The ego you, did not predict or cause it. It seems like the phenomena happens of its own accord. The 2 seemingly different events, Your thoughts of the earthquake and the earthquake itself were really one occurrence. Spaced out by a subtle duration of the perception of time. Humans are not separate from the the earth or their environment, its all connected and exists as your perspective. Intuition is really the closest comprehension of this type of phenomena. But even that doesnt fully answer the question. I cant claim to have the answer either but based on my own understanding this would be my conclusion.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

9 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Tonight I had a random thought about an earthquake. Just few minutes later it happend. That got me wondering, did my thoughts predicted it or caused it? Was their role passive or active in that process?

It's possible that your body picked up on subtle vibrations or other sensations that triggered the thought pattern into such a thought before you experienced the earthquake. Just as wild animals can sense tsunamis etc, and get a chance to flee before it hits hard.