thisintegrated

Why is most anime so bad?

12 posts in this topic

I swear it keeps getting worse and worse.  More and more anime getting released are just lazy slice-of-life garbage.  Or lazy isekais that turn into slice-of-life halfway through.  There are exactly FIVE watchable series this season.  A few years ago each season averaged around 20 watchable series, with maybe 5 stand-outs.

I'm thinking I may have to go out of my way to manifest a better season next time.  I'm really annoyed.

Anime fan here, I beg to differ.

This new season of attack on titan has been incredible!

You really just have to raise your standards and go back to the classics such as neon genesis.

If anime is getting bad, it’s just because the studios have no financial incentive to create beauty. The industry is less concerned with beauty, and more concerned with providing fan service to horny teenagers.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

2 minutes ago, Dryas said:

????

11 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Anime fan here, I beg to differ.

This new season of attack on titan has been incredible!

You really just have to raise your standards and go back to the classics such as neon genesis.

If anime is getting bad, it’s just because the studios have no financial incentive to create beauty. The industry is less concerned with beauty, and more concerned with providing fan service to horny teenagers.

I've already seen all the good stuff.  I can literally spend hours researching anime and not find anything good.

Can y'all recommend me some 'high-consciousness' anime series?

It's okay if it's mainstream, I actually don't really like too obscure animes.

10 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

and more concerned with providing fan service to horny teenagers.

+1

I think its a combination of a lot of shit, Mangakas are probably deprived of their creativity due to their *not so good* lives

No real visionaries in the industry, and I doubt its gonna be a Japanese person when that happens

Studios picking multiple Mangas to produce each year instead of picking only 1 or 2/3, its a quantity > quality issue

and Studios need to write their own anime to make more money. most $$$ goes to the writer, not the studio... and the studio needs it more

if a writer has more money, he doesn't write better stories. if a studio has more money, a studio does make better productions.

that being said there are some good ones I've watched fairly recently
1. Link click (Its Chinese)
2. To Your Eternity 
3. Eighty-Six (86)
4. Arcane (might not be anime)
and hopefully you'll like Chainsaw man when it comes out.

I strongly agree with Sturgeon's law which basically says "Most 90-95% of work is shit, 10-5% is good", this is the case with everything even outside of cartoons, most people are just too retarded to see it.

I tried making a thread about it recently, but asking people on the internet for opinions is pointless. it never amounts to anything

Edited by MarkKol

“You see, whether you can draw like this or not, being able to think up this kind of design, it depends on whether or not you can say to yourself, “Oh, yeah, girls like this exist in real life.” If you don’t spend time watching real people, you can’t do this, because you’ve never seen it.

Some people spend their lives interested only in themselves. Almost all Japanese animation is produced with hardly any basis taken from observing real people, you know. It’s produced by humans who can’t stand looking at other humans. And that’s why the industry is full of otaku!”

-Hayao Miyazaki

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Have you watched Toradora already? It's the best. Also Sakurasou.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

16 hours ago, nistake said:

Can y'all recommend me some 'high-consciousness' anime series?

It's okay if it's mainstream, I actually don't really like too obscure animes.

Mushishi.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

5 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

Have you watched Toradora already? It's the best. Also Sakurasou.

Did you really just recommend me a slice-of-life?!?!?!??

13 hours ago, MarkKol said:

Link click (Its Chinese)

On my watchlist.  Low hopes.  The chinese are incompetent at making anime, or anything tbh.

To Your Eternity 

Still a few episodes left for me to watch.  A pretty good anime.  Definitely in my top 100.

Eighty-Six (86)

????

Edited by thisintegrated

8 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Did you really just recommend me a slice-of-life?!?!?!??

It's a rom-com.

30 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

????

I like war &  grim stuff so I had the opposite reaction :D