Nivsch

How much time it takes to go from vitamin D 30 ng/ml to 50 ng/ml?

10 posts in this topic

And theoretically if I will take 30,000 IU every day it can happen even after few weeks? 

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Ideally you want to get into the 80s. You could do initial loading doses of those 30ks for 2 weeks and then go down to 10k and then 5k.

Vitamin D restocking is a delicate balance of testing and retesting on monthly basis and calibrating the dosages. It may be safer to do it across 3-6 months rather than few weeks. 

Also good to keep in touch with your doctor and have them involved to make sure you do it safely

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 And after stopping how much time it takes to the leves to go back?

I want somthing more stable and deeper solution.

I have read that supplements are not necessarily used optimally by our body as it will see them as too much middle derivative and then stops to converse them to final derivative and basically developes tolerance.

Also I read yesterday from @undeatherthat too much in one take might be dangerous.

Also the absorption through digestionis is much faster then through the skin and therefore less safe.

The natural mechanism is infinite times more intelligent then supplements BUT this doesnt mean not to use them for couple of months when the level is too low. I am just not sure that 30 ng/mL it too low. Its low but not critically.

I think about to try not to scrub face, hands and lower parts of the legs. I know that D is absobed in deep layers of the skin but I understand now the if you scrub you remove the fat from the top layers and our body will transfer fat from the deeper layes to compensate and then you can still loose vitamin D in this way.

Natural way in our latitude of Israel must be enough just need to be done right.

So I think about the natural way (maybe to take also low dose (1000-2000 of D3+K2) but not sure).

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

17 hours ago, Nivsch said:

And theoretically if I will take 30,000 IU every day it can happen even after few weeks? 

I took 40.000 IU for 2 months. Went from 20ng/ml to 150ng/ml lol. Then I DIDN'T TAKE anything for 3 months. Went back to 30ng/ml. NOW I take 20.000IU for 2 months to get to 90-100ng/ml. After that, I will take 10.000IU to keep 90-100 and not lose it again.

1 hour ago, Nivsch said:

I want somthing more stable and deeper solution.

This is the most stable solution there is without risking sun-burned induced melanoma from excessive sunshine exposure. The amount of daily exposure you would need to get from 30s into 80s may be several hours per day over several months which may tip you over the safe balance if you are more fair-skined. And doses of 1000-2000 just wouldn't be enough. 

I'd like @undeather to comment as well as he has an abundance of clinical experience. From my practice, people start responding to levels at about 5,000 is they are over 30 but for those under 30, I'd start much higher for a short term. The idea is to get into those higher levels and then keep there through regular sunshine exposure, dietary exposure or maintenance dose.

Of course keep experimenting and testing but make sure not to get sun-burned, that is the priority number 1 here. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 But I have read that 15-20 minutes of exposure to the sun in the mid day can provide 10,000-30,000 IU and after that the D production stops because of melanin and protective mechanisms when the skin start to be red.

I have read more and I think the dry skin because of scrubs might disturb the production of this vitamin.

Intuitively there is no reason in my opinion that 2 months of exposure in this way wont be enough to do a significant increase of 10 ng/ML or even more.

@Nivsch you won't know unless you try. Personal experience is the king. 

Why not try 1 month of active full-body exposure and then retest yourself to see how well it is working. I might be wrong on this and curious about your results. If you do this, would you mind updating us in a month or so? :) 

44 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

50 are not enough. You want 90-100.

In ng/*mol* you are right.

But in ng/mL this is too high.

Also the most important thing is how much YOUR body wants! More is not necessarily better. You want to know how much your body really need naturally. I think it may be better to emphasize the sunlight method because in this way you can know most accurately what is your steady state.

See what @undeather said in previous conversation that too much (20,000IU) might be dangerous. Thats made me think that maybe even 10,000 every day for a long time might also be risky. 

Edited by Nivsch

7 hours ago, Michael569 said:

@Nivsch you won't know unless you try. Personal experience is the king. 

Why not try 1 month of active full-body exposure and then retest yourself to see how well it is working. I might be wrong on this and curious about your results. If you do this, would you mind updating us in a month or so? :) 

Yes I will update you ?

Edited by Nivsch