WokeBloke

What thinks according to you?

33 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Benton said:

What do you think non-existence really is? I am not any-thing. But I definitely exist. 

I recommend trying out neti neti meditation. I’m pretty sure Leo may even have a guided meditation around somewhere.

It will help you have a more direct grasp on what nothing is. Or isn't rather.

You claimed that thoughts make themselves. Thoughts don't exist until they are created so I was wondering how something that doesn't exist could create itself according to you?

Thought is like a wind. It does not have a creator, an agent. It is pre-determined since Big Bang which thought will arise.

Edited by Buba

43 minutes ago, Buba said:

Thought is like a wind. It does not have a creator, an agent. It is pre-determined since Big Bang which thought will arise.

Determinism seems to fall apart without the glue of time, so it’s not as simple as that.

Take a look at John Wheeler’s Delayed Choice experiment for example. He has shown that the past retroactively reorganises itself in order to preserve the narrative of the present.

It’s pretty crazy stuff, and is seemingly incompatible with the limited view of life as a predictable sequence of physical causes and effects. 

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

The same that "clouds". Though I struggle to see what and where they are, and whether they actually appear or not.

21 hours ago, axiom said:

Determinism seems to fall apart without the glue of time, so it’s not as simple as that.

Take a look at John Wheeler’s Delayed Choice experiment for example. He has shown that the past retroactively reorganises itself in order to preserve the narrative of the present.

It’s pretty crazy stuff, and is seemingly incompatible with the limited view of life as a predictable sequence of physical causes and effects. 

Who decides, who makes choices and based on what, if it is not pre-determined by causes and effects since Bing Bang?

On 22/04/2022 at 8:26 AM, Buba said:

Who decides, who makes choices and based on what, if it is not pre-determined by causes and effects since Bing Bang?

It sounds like you’re mixing up a few disparate ideas. 

The “I” is already nothing. This is before invoking fatalism. Fatalism attempts to “disprove” free will by invoking classical physics (cause and effect, or we could say entropy viewed relativistically). 

As mentioned though, quantum mechanics shows that the past reassembles itself to form a coherent narrative according to perceptions in the present.  This renders fatalism impotent.

Before all this, the “I” is already only a mirror, is nothing at all. If there is no one there, then there is no-one there to make choices. 

Apparently.

On 4/19/2022 at 9:45 PM, WokeBloke said:

What makes these thoughts according to you? And what is your reasoning?

Thinking is just an appearance, perception of thoughts in your mind, what is the thought? - Language or a certain image. What is the language, a sound prescribed to an object, or a vibration?  What is an imagine which appears in your mind as a thought? Visual memory that you mind reproduces. Thoughts come out of nowhere, there is no source that produces them. It is just an inner perception of the reality with your mind, something you cant see. What it sees outside, same is reflected inside. 

Bear in mind, that everything happens within the Consciousness. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

On 4/22/2022 at 3:26 AM, Buba said:

Causality is only an appearance; thought. The subtle feeling that something does (thinks) the thought is itself more though. All untruth is thought. This is indescribable but one could attempt to describe it as a play with no audience. There was no Big Bang; this is the Big Bang. Even if we say the Big Bang happened, it was still the beginning of time, and so it's creation/beginning or prior to it is timeless, and so you're no further away from it now.

Edited by The0Self

Thinking is a mechanism that occurs as a reflex in the mind. Its an autonomous function brought about by conditioning. Its mental activity in motion. The movement of thought is a structure the mind uses as a survival function. 

Focus on the solution, not the problem

On 4/20/2022 at 2:16 AM, Batman said:

You are explaining a perception (thinking) using other perception (neurons in the brain). This may be relevant on a scientific level, but not relevant to Consciousness work.

Nothing is thinking. Thoughts appear, but no one is thinking them actually. Internal chatter is a function of being a self and creating polarities and narratives to manipulate perceptions and serve the self. If you watch the internal chatter, it usually comprises of: labelling objects in relation to the self; asserting characteristics or value to objects in relation to the self; planning a future for the self; self-criticizing; self-views; etc.

So it is about creating internal stories that serve the conceptual self in some way. In other words, internal chatter is a side-effect of creating a self/other dichotomy in Consciousness. Observe your thoughts and see if thinking is all about the self or not.

Here's an interesting mindfuck, Because of Oneness and that nothing is thinking, do you think thoughts are therefore shared by all people? Can a thought think that it is being known in other minds such as thought broadcasting? Since other minds dont actually exist there is only your mind, but if your mind experiences the thought being broadcasted is it actually happening that other minds can perceive the thought, as an idea in your mind?

Edited by Kamo

Focus on the solution, not the problem

@WokeBloke I've done some serious contemplation on this and thinking a lot about the "lifecycle of a thought". From what I can gather through meditation and focus, thoughts start as a notion or an energy (pre-conceptual) that then form into a thought (conceptual). In the energetic state (pre-thought) they exist and arise seemingly randomly from a deeper pre-conscious/sub-conscious space. Effectively, here they can be "caught" prior to evolving into a full-blown conceptual thought and they seem to be like pieces of a puzzle; some parts energy and emotion and some parts disjointed "incomplete" thought.

So, based on this observation, my hypothesis is that thoughts come from/originate as energetic species in the pre-conscious/sub-conscious mind and it is highly likely that some thoughts originate as energy in the body (maybe even partially coming from food and the processes of digestion!), prior to reaching a conceptual state in the conscious part of the mind.  

So, to properly answer your question: What thinks? Well from an absolute sense, the answer is, the entire system of reality.

Lenny

Edited by Lenny