thisintegrated

Solipsism is the least lonely perspective

13 posts in this topic

Nothing more lonely than the thought of there being a "you" and "other".  If other people/anything existed, it would be a sad reality.

Luckily, it's just me?

All of everything, all together.  Everything is perfect; couldn't be more perfect.

@thisintegrated

I don't have any problem with it, but I would argue that understanding that what you see is the whole universe can be extremele lonely feeling for some of "you" in different timeline. Basically everything you stop seeing ceases from existing so if you don't see your parents or friends then they aren't doing stuff in the background. That's true solipsism.

Who told you that "others" are real?

6 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

Nothing more lonely than the thought of there being a "you" and "other".  If other people/anything existed, it would be a sad reality.

Nice way of putting it. I like it <3

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

7 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

@thisintegrated

I don't have any problem with it, but I would argue that understanding that what you see is the whole universe can be extremele lonely feeling for some of "you" in different timeline. Basically everything you stop seeing ceases from existing so if you don't see your parents or friends then they aren't doing stuff in the background. That's true solipsism.

The alternative is that there are things outside of you, not part of you, which are disconnected from you, and not in union with you.

The very idea of separation being a possibility = loneliness.

18 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

Nothing more lonely than the thought of there being a "you" and "other". 

True. ?

Do you agree with how Rupert spira puts it ? The idea that everything in the universe are like thoughts/points you’ve accessed/will access, but for the time being god is localized as one person exploring the whole ?  

I understand the idea of localized consciousness and I’ve had a trip that kind of gave me a glimpse of that. But I’m curious if there is another depth to the whole solipsism thing.

11 minutes ago, Happy Lizard said:

He's rather confused because he grasps solipsism intellectually from the human perspective. Notice how he says "A solipsist believes that my finite mind is all that exists", the truth is that there is no finite mind at all. There is only an infinite mind pretending to be finite, which is a possibility Spira seems to be unaware of as he hasn't realized solipsism. However, it seems that he does comprehend nonduality correctly at least to some degree. And as such, he understands that materialism is nonsense also.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

1 minute ago, JuliusCaesar said:

He's rather confused because he grasps solipsism intellectually from the human perspective. Notice how he says "A solipsist believes that my finite mind is all that exists", the truth is that there is no finite mind at all. There is only an infinite mind pretending to be finite, which is a possibility Spira seems to be unaware of as he hasn't realized solipsism. However, it seems that he does comprehend nonduality correctly at least to some degree. And as such, he understands that materialism is nonsense also.

The conventional solipsist believes in separation. That is what he is saying.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

20 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

20 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

There isn't any objective difference between separation and unity. So I don't see the need to argue with those you call "conventional solipsists". Of course, they're wrong in thinking that only they have experience because they don't realize what exactly it is that they are. At the same time, I rather appreciate the ruthlessly logical aspect of it as you obviously can't prove that any mind besides your own exists.

More importantly, Spira wasn't referring to conventional solipsism in the video at all. As he clearly states "some nondual teachers" in reference to the teaching of solipsism in like the first minute or two of the video. However, it's clear to me that he has a highly correct understanding of reality and how it works. It's just that his comprehension hasn't reached a sufficiently high degree where sollipsism is graspable.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

What's up troll?
Lonely? ..... Need a "fwend", yes I saw your instigation on another thread...

Just get out of here.  Go.  Leave. 

Most of you don't think for yourselves... shameless.

On 4/21/2022 at 8:01 AM, Loba said:

What's up troll?
Lonely? ..... Need a "fwend", yes I saw your instigation on another thread...

Just get out of here.  Go.  Leave. 

Most of you don't think for yourselves... shameless.

@Loba Why don't you get out of here?

Edited by AndylizedAAY