Magnanimous

Spiritual purification question

5 posts in this topic

When conducting spiritual purification, what sources of entertainment have to be eradicated from my life?

Anything that dulls the senses and hardens the heart, I'd say. Ideally you want to be engaging in things that make you feel more enlivened and conscious.

But there aren't hard-and-fast rules about these things, I don't think - follow your passion, that's all. :) 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

It depends why do you consume this specific entertainment. If you consume it for the sake of escaping feelings or other aspects of life, then become conscious of this addiction and let it go. If you do it for the sake of your enjoyment - why not do it? You can live a balanced life without forsaking activities that are mere pleasures, as long as you are not attached to them and don't find refuge in them. 

If you enjoy watching sports or circus shows, why stop it? Spiritual purification is more about becoming conscious of your unconsciousness, and then decide whether to let the unconscious activity go or not. 

@Batman Absolutely, great post. :) 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan