kieranperez

An Important YouTube Channel to Disillusion You

17 posts in this topic

This channel has become one of my favorite channels on YouTube that I actually think, for those that are on an authentic spiritual path really ought to watch. I often hear of this idea - a belief really is what it is - that the collective consciousness or whatever is leading to mass awakening. Aside from the piss poor and really, flat out false philosophical assumptions that such statements contain, to me it really reflects just how naive many of the people who believe this stuff really are when it comes to most people in everyday life. I’ve had this joke which is something like, ‘before you go about believing we’re on the verge of a global mass awakening, go to your local Walmart or Disneyland.’ Because really, most people in this whole thing, as far as I can tell, have never really encountered a lot of people like those in this YouTube channel, and it’s useful to really get just how fucked most people really are in life and that it’s a lot more common than you’d really imagine.

As far as the YouTube channel itself, it’s basically of a guy whose a former photographer that interviews people from the darkest walks of life. Rapists, murderers, KKK members, pimps, prostitutes, mafia bosses, gangbangers, homeless people, alcoholics, even children of inbred families. It offers a very radical perspective that is very disillusioning for those that don’t really encounter much of this in their life. I suggest you give it a check out. 

https://youtube.com/c/SoftWhiteUnderbelly

Watched a few of his videos already. It really is a great channel, I agree.

Fun fact 1: He had his camera custom made for taking portraits of the whole person that happen somewhere in the middle of the interviews. But Youtube can't show the whole picture as it was intended, so it has to be scrolled down slowly.

Fun fact 2: He said he never wanted to make videos of these people. He only cares about the portrait. For all he cares there could just be a portrait and audio. But I am happy that it's in video form. I like watching these people when they speak.

2 hours ago, kieranperez said:

the collective consciousness or whatever is leading to mass awakening.

There def ain't gonna be no mass awakening. That's some serious New Age BS.

We are lucky to just keep democracy alive at this point.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I absolutely love this channel. It's so raw and interesting. My favorite has to be the ex mob boss.

@kieranperez Yea i've seen some of these interviews before. The video of the inbred family was quite an interesting watch haha.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't your wonder how long consciousness likes to keep itself Illusioned? 

You say we live in the dark ages of awakening, but when will this change? Next 100 years? Next 1000 years? 

After all, there is no need for humanity to become enlightened, since the only one awake is you/me. 

Interesting question nonetheless. 

Edited by Vynce

10 hours ago, Vynce said:

but when will this change

@Vynce it is always changing and by the day more and more poeple are awakening. it's a super slow process though.

On 4/18/2022 at 3:17 AM, Leo Gura said:

Compared to the rest of human history, we are going through a mass awakening right now.

On 4/18/2022 at 9:17 AM, Leo Gura said:

There def ain't gonna be no mass awakening.

How can you be so sure? 

On 4/18/2022 at 0:17 AM, Leo Gura said:

Straight up miracle.

2 hours ago, Asayake said:

How can you be so sure? 

Because it's a delusion and a fantasy riddled with false assumptions. Groups don't exist. Only individuals awaken. Groups don't have a dominant monad of intelligence. Groups are nothing more than a shared set of rules, values, and so forth.

On 4/18/2022 at 2:22 AM, Vynce said:

Don't your wonder how long consciousness likes to keep itself Illusioned? 

You say we live in the dark ages of awakening, but when will this change? Next 100 years? Next 1000 years? 

After all, there is no need for humanity to become enlightened, since the only one awake is you/me. 

Interesting question nonetheless. 

There is no utopia coming. Throw this belief out. There is no grand future on the horizon where everyone will meet the imagined ideal that you and people whom share this fantasy project. It's horseshit. Toss it out. 

1 hour ago, itachi uchiha said:

@kieranperez its so disturbing to watch the videos

Good. 

1 hour ago, kieranperez said:

Because it's a delusion and a fantasy riddled with false assumptions. Groups don't exist. Only individuals awaken. Groups don't have a dominant monad of intelligence. Groups are nothing more than a shared set of rules, values, and so forth.

As in there is only the self awakening to itself? That makes sense. But how can democracy exist then? Because Leo posted in the same post that we're lucky to keep democracy alive. How can there be democracy if there are no groups?

3 hours ago, Asayake said:

As in there is only the self awakening to itself?

No. 

But how can democracy exist then?

Democracy isn't an existential reality. It doesn't exist. Stop conflating inventions and relative distinctions with the Absolute. 

Because Leo posted in the same post that we're lucky to keep democracy alive. How can there be democracy if there are no groups?

Democracy isn't an existential reality. It's a social construction, a mental construction that human beings participate in. It has no reality in the same way a game like basketball isn't a reality. Basketball is a made up game with certain rules and so forth and people participate within the confines and context of the sport. Is basketball real? No. In yet, you could say (as imperfect and incomplete as it is) that there are actual bodies you can point to that are doing things like bouncing a ball, shooting a ball, and so forth. Is it real? As Nagarjuna put it best... yes, no, both, neither. The Truth regarding the nature of what we can refer to (despite the common differences in what we mean regarding any of these words that we often miss and overlook) as self, life, and reality is beyond words and ideas. At the end of the day they're all delusional bullshit. 

In the end, no there is no collective enlightenment as that just doesn't make any sense and is loaded with false presumptions, fantasies, and just delusion and ignorance. Human beings are notorious for projecting an idealized future of which to work towards that never comes into fruition. We see this in organized religion, cults, and so forth. That one day the promise land will come! Nope. Reconcile with the reality in front of you. Enlightenment at the end of the day is beyond words, ideas, beliefs, and yes, precious states.

Edited by kieranperez

4 hours ago, kieranperez said:

No. 

Democracy isn't an existential reality. It doesn't exist. Stop conflating inventions and relative distinctions with the Absolute. 

Democracy isn't an existential reality. It's a social construction, a mental construction that human beings participate in. It has no reality in the same way a game like basketball isn't a reality. Basketball is a made up game with certain rules and so forth and people participate within the confines and context of the sport. Is basketball real? No. In yet, you could say (as imperfect and incomplete as it is) that there are actual bodies you can point to that are doing things like bouncing a ball, shooting a ball, and so forth. Is it real? As Nagarjuna put it best... yes, no, both, neither. The Truth regarding the nature of what we can refer to (despite the common differences in what we mean regarding any of these words that we often miss and overlook) as self, life, and reality is beyond words and ideas. At the end of the day they're all delusional bullshit. 

In the end, no there is no collective enlightenment as that just doesn't make any sense and is loaded with false presumptions, fantasies, and just delusion and ignorance. Human beings are notorious for projecting an idealized future of which to work towards that never comes into fruition. We see this in organized religion, cults, and so forth. That one day the promise land will come! Nope. Reconcile with the reality in front of you. Enlightenment at the end of the day is beyond words, ideas, beliefs, and yes, precious states.

I might just be confused but how can an individual exist if a group doesn't? An individual is just as much a social and mental construction as a group. So how can it be that an individual can awaken but not a group? I guess in that sense awakening does not really exist either since it is also a construction, a concept. Then there is just what is and it's not possible to capture it with words because it is infinite and that's what the words God/Consciousness/Universe are pointing to?  And then in a relative sense an individual can awaken to this fact by realizing that individuals, groups, ego, basketball etc. don't actually exist because it's just constructions and that the "I"  that the individual is referring to is actually God. Then I don't understand why a group can not awaken in a relative sense. If every individual in a group awakens, then relatively speaking should we not be able to say that is a group awakening? Even if in an absolute sense God is all there is for all eternity. 

Then there is the question of how likely it is that a large group of individuals will awaken. That's what I assume you and Leo mean is not going to happen.  But I say how can you be so sure this is the case? When we were still monkeys and had not yet evolved into homo sapiens sapiens, being able to do many of the things we do today must have seemed impossible or like an unachievable utopia. Could it not be the case that the same is going on here? Sure, a collective awakening in the future seems like a fantasy today. But isn't anything possible in an infinite universe? 

33 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

someone said that the new earth won't be created by us, it will just be revealed to us

This made me think of something I read by Eckhart Tolle, he says that a new heaven and a new earth are arising within you at this moment.

Edited by Asayake

33 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

new heaven = internal and once that happens then the new earth = external 

If that were true, which it's not, this "new earth" would've come a long time ago when people began awakening in the first place. The Truth transcends positive and negative.

1 hour ago, Asayake said:

This made me think of something I read by Eckhart Tolle, he says that a new heaven and a new earth are arising within you at this moment.

Yeah, and he's full of shit on this. Stop believing in what people say. He also says stupid things like... 

"Maybe you are being taken advantage of, maybe the activity you are engaged in is tedious, maybe someone close to you is dishonest, irritating, or unconscious, but all this is irrelevant. Whether your thoughts and emotions about this situation are justified or not makes no difference. The fact is that you are resisting what is. You are making the present moment into an enemy. You are creating unhappiness, conflict between the inner and the outer. Your unhappiness is polluting not only your own inner being and those around you but also the collective human psyche of which you are an inseparable part. The pollution of the planet is only an outward reflection of an inner psychic pollution: millions of unconscious individuals not taking responsibility for their inner space." 

Which is just completely wrong an incorrect. Enlightenment transcends positive and negative. He condemns negative emotions as though anything negative (as if some thing in and of itself negative by nature) come from ego and shit. This is completely false. Negative states and negative emotions hold valuable truths, perspectives, and energy. Certain actions warrant legitimate states of mind such as guilt and shame. 

Tolle says a lot of bullshit and it makes him a lot of money. Even though he does seem to be legitimately enlightened as far as I can tell.

Then there is the question of how likely it is that a large group of individuals will awaken. That's what I assume you and Leo mean is not going to happen.  But I say how can you be so sure this is the case? When we were still monkeys and had not yet evolved into homo sapiens sapiens, being able to do many of the things we do today must have seemed impossible or like an unachievable utopia. Could it not be the case that the same is going on here? Sure, a collective awakening in the future seems like a fantasy today. But isn't anything possible in an infinite universe? 

It doesn't work like that. You're not going to run statistical odds like that. Stop expecting your mind and logic to grasp awakening. It will not and cannot. Ever. Period. I've talked with teachers regarding the possibility of awakening (which depends on what EXACTLY we mean when we speak of that) being a developmental realization. This at the end of the day is all speculation that will always lead to the inevitable truth - don't know. If you REALLY believe the world is waking up and all this nonsense (which I've yet to meet a teacher that hasn't laughed at that assertion), go to your local Walmart or your local bar and tell me that you still believe that with a straight face. At the end of the day these are all beliefs. They're made up. It's shit people told you and you just buy it. Waking up, by and large, tends to require A LOT of work. The idea that there will be some cosmic energetic shift or something that leads people to wake up or something completely misses the fact that any energetic stuff is precisely that, namely STUFF. The Absolute transcends all states, time, space, mind, etc. In other words, all stuff. 

I guess in that sense awakening does not really exist either since it is also a construction, a concept.

Awakening as a concept is just a concept. What awakening or enlightenment or realization refers to is beyond concept, mind, understanding, etc. Whatever understanding you form is something your mind forms. It's not true. 

If every individual in a group awakens, then relatively speaking should we not be able to say that is a group awakening?

I just told you why. Groups are just a systems of rules, values, and so forth. Groups are not intelligent. They don't have a dominant mode of intelligence. As far as every individual awakening... yeah good look with that lol. 

Even if something like that happened, which I promise you, it won't, that won't create the idealized peace some of the new agers believe because first off, that whole fantasy is confined to what those people imagine. Which is to say that whole image and fantasy is completely self biased in terms of how they imagine that world will work, how people should be, ought to behave, and so forth. It's a self absorbed fantasy. 

I might just be confused but how can an individual exist if a group doesn't? An individual is just as much a social and mental construction as a group. So how can it be that an individual can awaken but not a group?

Groups don't awaken. Show me a teacher that's ACTUALLY seen that. When someone actually awakens (which is already a false statement but just to go with it) that individual alone awakens. It's not like there's some chain reaction or some shit. It doesn't work that way and has not. If that were true, why don't all the people that sat in from of say Ramana Maharshi awaken in his presence? There were those that served him as a devoted disciple for decades and it still took tremendous work. 

I suggest you throw this nonsense out. It's bullshit. You want to know what awakening is? Meditate your ass off. Go on lots of retreats. Find a teacher and have the humility to shut up and do what they tell you and listen. Inquire and surrender. Stop playing things safe by theorizing. 

This dude needs this the most but thinks we need it.

Whatever dude... you think arrogance is spiritual attainment, right?  That's what you're here for... you're arrogant.  And flat out wrong half the time.  What are you here for again.....?????