Someone here

What's the point/purpose of life ?

47 posts in this topic

First of all notice that existing is irreducibley mystical. It's pure magic. Notice that you don't actually got a clue what life is and what we are doing here and why we are here .

And human life is just a bunch of dogs fighting over a piece of meat . That's what got you by the balls :survival. Survival. Survival 

So what's the point of it all ..?it can't just be money ?  It can't just be finding a pussy to fuck or a dick to fuck you ? ..it can't be to worship God as all religions claim.?

Some will say the point is itself .some will say the point is love. But all that seem abstract and nontangible to me .

Or is that you make your own purpose? Simply life is pointless ,so you gotta make up your own purpose?  

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I have no clue, you have left me hanging, can you help me inquire more by suggesting an answer?

1 minute ago, SriSriJustinBieber said:

I have no clue, you have left me hanging, can you help me inquire more by suggesting an answer?

Some (including leo) say love and goodness. But I don't know what to make of that .maybe being a good selfless person and helping others and humanity?  Idk tbh

-Osho

It would seem that the human goes from the simple to the complicated, he is programmed for it, and when he reaches extreme complexity he is driven to break the whole plot, go deep to the core and burst the bubble. like a kind of wave that begins, is created and breaks, and for this hundreds or thousands of generations collaborate. a strange, complex cycle for which suffering is not spared as fuel

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Some (including leo) say love and goodness. But I don't know what to make of that .maybe being a good selfless person and helping others and humanity?  Idk tbh

Yes it is confusing because how do I go from survival to love? It seems love itself is used as a tool to survive and reproduce. Love seems to be an empty word. I think we should first inquire what the concept of "purpose" is before finding it, what do you think?

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

It would seem that the human goes from the simple to the complicated, he is programmed for it, and when he reaches extreme complexity he is driven to break the whole plot, go deep to the core and burst the bubble. like a kind of wave that begins, is created and breaks, and for this hundreds or thousands of generations collaborate. a strange, complex cycle for which suffering is not spared as fuel

So it's just a cycle of going from simple to complex to simple again and again without an end ? Is that what you're saying ?  

-Osho

1 minute ago, SriSriJustinBieber said:

Yes it is confusing because how do I go from survival to love? It seems love itself is used as a tool to survive and reproduce. Love seems to be an empty word. I think we should first inquire what the concept of "purpose" is before finding it, what do you think?

I agree . 

If we just look at the human body and its needs and tools .it's clearly here to only survive and reproduce . So eating and having sex and creating children seem to be the only "purpose " of the human life biologically speaking .

But I'm not satisfied with just biology. I want something deeper. Something metaphysical beyond the mundane and the world of maya .  What could that be?   I have no clue yet .but it surely has something to do with God, I think.   Since without God everything is indeed pointless. 

-Osho

33 minutes ago, Someone here said:

First of all notice that existing is irreducibley mystical. It's pure magic. Notice that you don't actually got a clue what life is and what we are doing here and why we are here .

And human life is just a bunch of dogs fighting over a piece of meat . That's what got you by the balls :survival. Survival. Survival 

So what's the point of it all ..?it can't just be money ?  It can't just be finding a pussy to fuck or a dick to fuck you ? ..it can't be to worship God as all religions claim.?

Some will say the point is itself .some will say the point is love. But all that seem abstract and nontangible to me .

Or is that you make your own purpose? Simply life is pointless ,so you gotta make up your own purpose?  

What do you think? 

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I agree . 

If we just look at the human body and its needs and tools .it's clearly here to only survive and reproduce . So eating and having sex and creating children seem to be the only "purpose " of the human life biologically speaking .

But I'm not satisfied with just biology. I want something deeper. Something metaphysical beyond the mundane and the world of maya .  What could that be?   I have no clue yet .but it surely has something to do with God, I think.   Since without God everything is indeed pointless. 

Yes I agree, the biological answer is clearly not satisfying. For example, contemplating the stars at night or listening to a beautiful song don't seem to participate to survival, yet they are very enjoyable activities. It seems the way we have used the word "purpose" is the problem, because, what is "purpose"?

14 minutes ago, Someone here said:

So it's just a cycle of going from simple to complex to simple again and again without an end ? Is that what you're saying ?  

not over and over again, but a single wave, as a whole. as an individual you inherit your degree of complexity and do your part, but as a whole, the sum of all, little by little the wave is growing and it seems that it would break in a total awakening, in the future.

As an individual you are just a movement, a molecule in the tsunami. your purpose as an individual would be to imprint your micron of movement on the tsunami. On the other hand, you are the total reality, but at the human individual level, you are only a particle.

7 minutes ago, SriSriJustinBieber said:

Yes I agree, the biological answer is clearly not satisfying. For example, contemplating the stars at night or listening to a beautiful song don't seem to participate to survival, yet they are very enjoyable activities. It seems the way we have used the word "purpose" is the problem, because, what is "purpose"?

Yes .there is nothing as beautiful and satisfying as spiritual highs .when you look at the vast cosmos at night .breath of fresh air . And it has nothing to do with our survival. Yet we seek meaning and purpose in survival .

Purpose can guide life and create meaning. For some people, purpose is connected to vocation .meaningful, satisfying work. For others, their purpose lies in their responsibilities to their family or friends. Others seek meaning through spirituality or religious beliefs. Some people may find their purpose clearly expressed in all these aspects of life.

Purpose will be unique for everyone; what you identify as your path may be different from others. What’s more, your purpose can actually shift and change throughout life in response to the evolving priorities and fluctuations of your own experiences.

-Osho

To flow, bro. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

49 minutes ago, Someone here said:

So what's the point of it all ..?

The point is whatever you want it to be. Stop complicating life.

2 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Stop complicating life.

Human life is complicated. It's a maze

5 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

not over and over again, but a single wave, as a whole. as an individual you inherit your degree of complexity and do your part, but as a whole, the sum of all, little by little the wave is growing and it seems that it would break in a total awakening, in the future.

As an individual you are just a movement, a molecule in the tsunami. your purpose as an individual would be to imprint your micron of movement on the tsunami. On the other hand, you are the total reality, but at the human individual level, you are only a particle.

Interesting and beautiful perspective. 

You seem to be a very spiritually developed guy with a lot of earned wisdom...would you mind if we communicate outside the forum ?  Do you have discord? 

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

The point is whatever you want it to be. Stop complicating life.

Chillax. That's exactly what I said at the very end of OP.

-Osho

35 minutes ago, Realms of Wonder said:

What do you think? 

Finding the truth .

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Purpose can guide life and create meaning. For some people, purpose is connected to vocation .meaningful, satisfying work. For others, their purpose lies in their responsibilities to their family or friends. Others seek meaning through spirituality or religious beliefs. Some people may find their purpose clearly expressed in all these aspects of life.

Purpose will be unique for everyone; what you identify as your path may be different from others. What’s more, your purpose can actually shift and change throughout life in response to the evolving priorities and fluctuations of your own experiences.

I see, thank you for the learning. From this I would say that purpose must be discovered through sincerity and spontaneity. The more we are mechanical about it the more we transform it into merely a philosophical question

Life is about living.

So live your life.

Why or how can be answered in many different ways based on different perspectives and interpretations, but it’s ultimately up to you.