Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

Question: Leo says not to take 5-MeO if under 21. What if you've done a few years of meditation and questioning of beliefs, etc, before that? Could you take it at a younger age? I assume people (not-Truth seekers) do, just for the hell of it, and come out OK.

1 hour ago, Giancarlo said:

Question: Leo says not to take 5-MeO if under 21. What if you've done a few years of meditation and questioning of beliefs, etc, before that? Could you take it at a younger age? I assume people (not-Truth seekers) do, just for the hell of it, and come out OK.

I would say that my feeling is that this substance is best suited for individuals that already have a good stable sense of ego and have come to a place where they have started to work on dissolving that. This process is overlapping of course. But most people I know (including myself) are mostly working on their ego in their 20's and starting to release and relax more in their 30's. I would say that most would be best suited to start working with 5meo in their 30's or 40's. Not saying that it couldn't do wonders for a 18 year old person. After all it's just leading the way to our true nature which is not a bad place to be - but the way in and out of that can be very dramatic since deeper layers of consciousness are being opened for navigation. And they can include very intense emotional landscapes with immense fear, sorrow or whatever. So it depends on how ready one is to embrace that. Look at a guy like James Oroc - he's a big guy with lots of life experience. But with 5meo he is easily taken to his knees, sometimes anyway.

Edited by zikzak

@DrMobius  Absolutely get a 0.001 g scale. You can get suitable ones for £20/£30 in the UK.

0.01 g scales may have an error of +/- 0.01g which is a huge, HUGE change in dose. Be safe, careful, and just invest in a good scale.

Edited by Feeble Dave
typos

Just be aware that cheap scales from China that say they are a 0.01 scale doesn't mean they can weight a single item weighing 0.01. They just mean the increments are 0.01. You need to invest good money in a scale that can weigh 0.01.

@DrMobius Mine were £600 but there again it's not for weighing 5MeoDMT, it's for my work. You can get some good ones around the £100 mark. Like I said before, it's all well and good if the increment is good, but if you have to stick the phone book on it to get it going, well...

8 hours ago, DrMobius said:

Also, assuming I snort it a little bit better next time, how much should I add to the dose? I'm thinking of... maybe 20-25 mg?

Go with 20. In my experience the difference between 15-20mg is quite drastic. If 15mg makes you feel uncomfortable - that's good. Bring it up until you reach the breakthrough. Be careful and act wisely.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@DrMobius You're probably losing half the dose because it's dripping down your throat, so that 15mg is turning into 7mg.

15mg is a fairly strong dose, although 25mg is about x100 times stronger, and 30mg is like x100000 times stronger.

Or maybe you're just naturally less sensitive and need higher doses. Or maybe your 5-meo isn't very pure.

Carefully test out the issue. You don't need to wait a week if your trips are failing. Waiting a week is for when you've had a decent trip.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hey everyone. I have a quite specific question on 5-Meo-Dmt.

I am in my thirties and I have done meditation daily for 10 years including yearly retreats in a monastry. Despite this fact, I have started to suffer from panic attacks 2 years ago, but they disapeared very quickly after doing therapy and medication. (100mg Zoloft a day) For me, the panic attacks were a very physical appearance, I had big diguestion problems and was always loosing weight quickly, also no interest in food, and fear of death. I realized at the moment that the longterm meditation opened many parts of my deeper being, and there were fears that i haven´t been aware of, but seemed to be gates to pass on my way to the realisation of my true being - fear of death. fear of no excistance, fear of becoming insane. It´s the ego that struggles when it really comes to push it from it´s chair, and if it starts to feel that things become really real abiut your spiritual inquest, your ego isn´t sure of many things anymore. Somehow, the medication seems to balance it at the moment. I will go down on 50 soon, but it might be that I have to stay a year longer on it before i let it run out. I do my daily meditation and feeling very fine at the moment. In summer, i tried some DMT smoked and did a 100ug tab of acid, i had beautiful experiences, and even though it was NN DMT, i had a breakthough to meet this bright, undefinable formless presence (concidering it was NN DMT, this experience wasn´t feeling very physical, it was more like a mental journey, but still i could see how reality dissolves into one presence and unfolds, very beautiful when dualism of mind disappears). I paused the medication therefore for 8 weeks, but my symptoms were reaccuring after 3 months, so i decided to take the medication for another year.

I have been researching on interactions with psychedelics and Zoloft/Sertraline, and since the medication is a Serotonin reuptake inhibitor, it works on the 5-Ht1a and 5-Ht2a receptors, hinders the Serotonin to bind on the receptor and stay in the gap between your Receptors longer than normal so raise your Serotonin level. I already did NN Dmt on the medication, and it diminuishes the effects a bit, but still there is an experience. I researched a lot on the interactions of the medication and drugs, here is a nice overview from Tripsit:

https://wiki.tripsit.me/wiki/Drug_combinations

Basically, it comes to dangerous interactions when you have 2 substances that enhance the serotonin level in your brain. (5Htp, DXM, Mao Inhibitor/Ayuhasca, Tradamol, some RS chemicals can be very dangerous, there is no experiences on those...it will lead to a Serotonin Syndrome which can end deadly or with organs disfunctions) I now, Leo once wrote in a post "dont do SSRI and psychedelics, very dangerous - but i am sorry to say but this is a very undefined post that is not really true. (considering the fact that in Swiss there is many clinical studies on the use of psycedelics and for example depression with outstanding results, I even think that this new medicine will the THE breakthrough in about 20 years for curing mental so called "illness" but society doesn´t accept so far)

The "classic" psychedelics like (mushrooms, NN Dmt, LSD - the real LSD, no derivate) are due to my researched not physically dangerous if you are on a SSRI, of course depending on your mindset, psychodelics can stir up all kind of things out of your consciousness, leaving you being more confused than before or lifting your anxiety level a lot, therefore to be treated with lots of respect.

5-Meo Dmt seems to act stronger and different than NN Dmt, more physically, you see people shaking their body a lot and doing vibrant movements. It works slightly if induced orally, but still there is no proof or chemical sign that it contains MAO. Still the safest recommandation is "vaporazed" with low dosage on the beginning.

So here comes my question, it would be so nice to have qualified answered, since i have been screening the net for almost all reports of the last years, there is soo much stuff like : "yeah dude, stopp SSRI, they are shit" or "never do psychedelics when you have anxiety disorder, there is a reason you take medication" I hope receive some more specific answers, people who have experience about it or did some serious reseach as well. Maybe you can help me and other people, it could be very important. Or maybe you research a bit about it, Leo, you might have very good connections.

INTERACTION 5MEO (Vaporized) and SSRI - Experiences?

I think 5-meo DMT can show you how your deepest nature looks like, ald also show you how your mind tricks you and produces anxiety/thoughts/issues and so on. Therefor it could be very helpful as a medicine for people who suffer from their own worrying, anxiety and lead them to an experience where you normally block yourself from having, together with a therapist this could be amazing to work with.

And in fact i would love to experiment it, it´s very hard to resist and wait for another year or 2 to try it :-D

Thank you all so much, lets unfold this secret.

Edited by JOKERface999

Maybe it's completely stupid what I'm saying, but...

Hasn't Eckhart Tolle got enlightened in an anxiety attack? 

If you tried NN-DMT and you had a breakthrough that means that you were able to let go. Can't you let go in an anxiety attack? 

I would recommend 5-meo only if you are confident that you can let go in any situation. 

@JOKERface999 NEVER do psychedelics if you're taking SSRI's. Results could be lethal.

There is no doubt psychedelics can be highly effective for anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc, but you cannot take them while on SSRI's.

Wean yourself off the meds over a month or however long your doc says is right. Then you can try psychedelics.

Anti-anxiety and anti-depression meds are mostly garbage anyway. You might as well work to wean yourself off them in an intelligent manner (unless you REALLY need them to prevent a shitstorm).

Tread very carefully on this topic to avoid harming yourself.

I think that is true. Maybe I have to let go off wanting everything right now as well :-D

thnx

@JOKERface999 And certainly don't start with 5-meo. Start with very low doses of milder psychedelics like shrooms or AL-LAD in a friendly pleasant setting.

5-meo will freak the fuck out of you if you have anxiety issues.

Yeah as I´ve said I already tried MDMA, LSD, and NN DMT before. I haven´t had any problems with anxiety taking 50 mg of NN Dmt, i was as if the mind wasn´t even fast enough to catch up with what happened and buuum, I forgot completely that I had a body. It looked/felt exactly like the picture that you postet in en earlier post. Anxiety came a bit on the return as soon as I came back into environment and realized how crazy that just was and tht my mind would never understand where I just went.

thnx

5-meo is particularly anxiety-producing. At least the first 10 minutes after snorting it. Then it's heaven, once you've died.