Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

I'm personally not afraid after I've taken the hit. I imagine it's like sitting in a sport car which accelerates very fast towards infinity. But I'm not afraid of the speed, it's pretty cool actually. :) 

On my first three trips I forgot 90% of the experience just a few minutes after coming back. That's why I took the second hit, because I was curious about "Where have I just been?". But the second trip (just minutes after the first one) was just as surprising as the first. I mean, you cannot imagine with a sober mind what is it like when you don't have any concepts in your head. :)  But yeah, going back the second time was more effortless because I was fueled by curiosity and I felt that I was somewhat familiar with the experience. 

Would you be able to get past the fear using just 5 mg to start with before your second dose, to save your 5-MeO-DMT?

1 hour ago, Feeble Dave said:

Would you be able to get past the fear using just 5 mg to start with before your second dose, to save your 5-MeO-DMT?

I don't think it's possible with snorting because the tolerance of the body builds up too fast.

I've tried going twice only while vaporizing it, and it worked well that way. :) 

I was still a newbie at that time. It was like two weeks ago. :)) It's incredible how fast one can develop with this substance. :D

Anyways, so I poured 10 mg into my pipe, I inhaled as much of it as I could, went tripping, came back, when I could use my hands I inhaled from the pipe the rest of the substance. 

The only meaningful thing I brought back from that double experience was that I could feel like I was breathing through my forehead. If that's meaningful at all. :)) 

Dr Chris Ryan discussed his 5meo experience with Joe Rogan today on his podcast and Joe offered his own experience as well. It starts at about 53 minutes in if you're interested. There's nothing they say you won't already know, it's just cool to see it mentioned in such a mainstream venue. 

Edited by ChimpBrain

On 2/6/2017 at 8:28 AM, ZeN said:

Can anyone recommend a vaporizing device and how to acquire one? 

I would like a device that allows me to smoke/vape by myself as safe as possible.

P.S. To all those that have the freebase 5Meo beware of the oxidizing that takes place overtime if the substance is not in a vacuum package!

ZeN, I have been looking around for a device too. I wanted it to fulfill these criteria:

- no open fire.

-no danger from hot glassware potentially dropped.

-no risk of burning the substance itself.

-portability

I have bought a Source Nail portable enail. I'll try pre-loading it and set it to a specific temperature (which I don't know yet since I can't find anywhere at what temp 5meo will burn). But if it will work I think it's a nice solution (other than cost considerations). I'll report back when I have tried it.

Otherwise it would be pretty simple to make some kind of holder for either the VGV or a "meth pipe" so there's no risk of dropping it if you should want to hit off alone.

Edited by zikzak

17 hours ago, Barna said:

I don't think it's possible with snorting because the tolerance of the body builds up too fast.

I've tried going twice only while vaporizing it, and it worked well that way. :) 

Ralph Metzner talks about this in regards to snorting in his book on 5meo. I don't remember the exact dosage and time frame but can check when I get the book back from a friend..

1 hour ago, DrMobius said:

Greetings everybody!

I have a few other questions regarding the first uses of 5-MeO-DMT.

- What would be a good dosage to start with? I am thinking of 16 mg via insufflation, 2 lines of 8 mg in each nostril (HCl form). What do you think of this dosage?

- I've read that some 5-MeO is lost with this ROA. Do you have any tips for proper snorting? (head position, how deep I should snort it, etc.)

- I've also read that snorting freebase causes burning pain in the nose, but what about the HCl form? Is it also painful?

Great thanks for your help! :)

I think I would go for something like that myself - maybe 20 mg. I read somewhere who had experimented with lying down and tilting his head back over the edge of a pillow or mattress and found it be good for no drips and effectiveness. I don't know if that would work for everyone but could be worth a try..

Edited by zikzak

@zikzak I actually tried this low-tech solution for my first attempt with 5mg freebase. It worked quite well in my opinion, the device was safe and the substance burned nicely throuh the tin foil. 

Im happy I tried with only 5mg for my first attempt because the smoke was quite harsh (although tasted sweet) and I couldnt keep it in for long before coughing it out, Im not a smoker though. I managed to inhale two hits and started to feel the heart racing and getting energized but didnt get nowhere near breakthrough. I have to admit I was quite nervous before this attempt but I am mustering the courage for further attempts...

@ZeN Using tin foil is generally not recommended for health reasons from what I have read. Also it sounds like you might have burned the substance since the vapor shouldn't be that harsh.. And yes it takes courage - I heard Dr. Gerardo Sandoval mention in a lecture that after many years working with this substance he still feels anxious when about to hit off... 

Doesn't smoking it (freebase) work just fine? 

edit: Compared to vaping.

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

3 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Doesn't smoking it (freebase) work just fine? 

Compared to?

(But yes)

I would like to convert freebase to fumerate/salt in a simply way and found this on the web, can anyone confirm that this technic works!?

1) Completely dissolve 1000 mg of freebase DMT in 50 ml of acetone.
2) Completely dissolve 309 mg of fumaric acid in another batch of 50 ml of acetone.
3) Mix for 1 minute and evaporate at room temperature to give DMT fumarate.

@Vanish Acetone, that stuff is toxic and if it will go up you nose you really don't want any residue. Don't do it. There has to be an easier way.

Acetone is to be avoided if you possibly can. We used it as a very effective solvent in the print shop, but it didn't take much inhalation of stray fumes or absorbtion through the skin of your hands to give you an awful, raw, impairment/buzz/headache feeling. Not a nice buzz, all senses dulled to the point of feeling it in your mouth & tongue. You can almost feel neurons & brain cells succumbing to the shit, and you feel like puking. Pregnant women were told to steer clear of it. I can't remember how flammable it was but I think it was a very flammable solvent. I'd look up the Material Safety Data Sheet on it, within the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System. Nice & toxic for sure.

31 minutes ago, FirstglimpseOMG said:

Acetone is to be avoided if you possibly can. We used it as a very effective solvent in the print shop, but it didn't take much inhalation of stray fumes or absorbtion through the skin of your hands to give you an awful, raw, impairment/buzz/headache feeling. Not a nice buzz, all senses dulled to the point of feeling it in your mouth & tongue. You can almost feel neurons & brain cells succumbing to the shit, and you feel like puking. Pregnant women were told to steer clear of it. I can't remember how flammable it was but I think it was a very flammable solvent. I'd look up the Material Safety Data Sheet on it, within the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System. Nice & toxic for sure.

@FirstglimpseOMG

@Psychonaut

A fact is that you can drink about 150 ml of acetone without having any health problem at all, so it can´t possible be that toxic. You're body naturally produce acetone as well. 

In this technic i guess almost all acetone will evaporate and i find it unlikely that the small amount (if any?) that is left and will go up you're nose could be harmful.