Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura 
donnie-darko.jpg
Was it like this at all?  I can't do drugs to figure out what the experience is like, but I'm really interested in trying to conceptualize what it would be like as best I can...  
I'll revisit that video you put up on Youtube about your experience later as well.

So it was like a black void of love/consciousness, but you could still see your surroundings that were all interconnected through consciousness - somewhat like how Donnie Darko is touching the "fabric of reality"?  Like watching the movie screen, but knowing you're in a dark theater??

edit: I misread your post about what the void was, but I don't feel like rewriting this because I'm going to bed now..

@Azrael What were your experiences like??

Edited by BabyBat

1 hour ago, jse said:

@Leo Gura , how about an actual video taken during your own 5-MeO-DMT experience?

It's actually not that interesting to watch. Imagine somebody sniffing it, then sitting down and being a little nervous for a few minutes and when you're on the other side you are mostly still, I sometimes didn't move for 5-10 minutes at all, not even my eyes (which is insane). Then when you come back you might be talking to yourself out loud, laughing crying, being astonished and so on.

It is fun however to be with somebody who takes psychedelics and leading him through the experience if you had a lot yourself and know what is happening to him. I did that a few times and it was always very pleasant for the other one and for myself. Especially if it's the first time and you have somebody who is very experienced. It can take a lot of stress.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

BTW, it's pretty easy to convert freebase to HCL, and HCL to freebase at home with some basic solvents.

Any advice how to convert freebase to HCL?

3 hours ago, BabyBat said:

So it was like a black void of love/consciousness, but you could still see your surroundings that were all interconnected through consciousness - somewhat like how Donnie Darko is touching the "fabric of reality"?  Like watching the movie screen, but knowing you're in a dark theater??

Naah, it's more like this: Consider every perception you have of your day-to-day reality as a certain program that plays its part. Like for example the way you walk, the way you talk, the words you use, the way you use your body, the way you do your things, everything in fact that happens in your subjective view. Now, think back as good as you can - maybe meditate on this - how you added all of these programs over time when you grew up. You heard people talk and copied it, you learned to use your body, you learned to use your mind etc.

In a 5-MeO-DMT experience every one of these programs you inhabit slowly begins to vanish until you have a raw view of reality. And in that very moment it becomes totally obvious that you are one with everything that exists and that everything stems from an infinite potential of things that can happen. And you realize that you and everything you know is fundamentally that.

You just tricked yourself into believing that you are a certain set of your programs because they come up so regularly and it feels like you are that. But when all of these vanish and you are still there, you instantly recognize who you are and that you always were. It's quite overwhelming to just fathom that, because you would've never thought that you are that crazy. xD

Now, another thing. In the experience you can still move and you might have some some thoughts. I had a few come up but not a lot. Most of the experience was complete stillness and I just looked at an object that looked like it always looked, but because my mental apparatus was gone it made a complete different expression on me.

Hope, that makes some sense.

@Azrael Would you say it was like God that was seeing through your eyes and not "you" per se?

And also to ask,  you were visually aware of the room/reality during all this?

It sounds to me like you had a super deep realization into the true nature of reality. Seeing through the magicians trick, so to speak. Does that sum it up? If so maybe you could expand on that a little.

2 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@Azrael Would you say it was like God that was seeing through your eyes and not "you" per se?

No, it was 100% me. It was completely authentic and completely intimate. Imagine it like everything that you know as you is taken from you, every aspect, every feature, every fear, every hope, but something still remains. And that which remains and that what is ever-present in every situation is you. It's just that in your day-to-day world you like to play with all of your features and get completely lost.

Interestingly, in the end of my experience I knew that my old self - my patterns and beliefs - would be coming back and this was fine for me, because in that moment I experienced authentically that everything is okay and everything is fine, so I can play in my daily world every game of "the world might end" but in the end it is a joke.

You also understand why we play these games. Just put yourself into the position of God. You are everything and anything, all patterns that is and ever can be. You begin to play with it, make love to it, fight with it and completely get lost. And even when you forget yourself completely it doesn't matter because in the end it's just fine.

It's just God playing all sorts of games with himself for kicks. And that's a lot of fun. xD

And also to ask,  you were visually aware of the room/reality during all this?

Yeah, if I wanted. I chose however to melt with the experience and so have periods of 5-10 minutes in which I just sat, nothing inside moved a millimetre and I experienced eternity alone. Then a thought would kick - actually a pretty random one like "what am i going to cook later" and I would for example take my glass of water, look at it and then melted again for some time. It's very beautiful.

It sounds to me like you had a super deep realization into the true nature of reality. Seeing through the magicians trick, so to speak. Does that sum it up? If so maybe you could expand on that a little.

Yeah, it sounds more special and crazy then it really is. It is that of course if you look with your normal understanding of things on it. But when you experience it, it seems completely obvious and basic. Basically, what you find out is that you and your live got lost in fairytales and stories and that that is your problem. And the actual game of overcoming this, is indeed a game you want to play with yourself, like every other. And this is fine and will go on as long as you want to do it that way.

So you gain a shit load of trust in what is happening. You also lose the fear "that you might not get it". Because even enlightenment and all the rest is just games we play with ourselves.

A real master has seen through that, recognized the beauty and does what live gives him to do. He shapes and makes it and works with it, not against it and not to overcome it. He uses it to transform it into something else.

Do that, and you'll be fine. But because we are all little kiddies who like to play and pretend, it takes some time to get there. And that's fine. There's no rush.

@cetus56

"The eye with which I see God is the same with which God sees me. My eye and God's eye is one eye, and one sight, and one knowledge, and one love."

"He knows God rightly who knows him everywhere."

- Meister Eckhart

DA0202B1-3183-45C6-8112-346A33C0A6D7-2099-00000396D11CF7C8_tmp.png

C66457BA-631E-4E38-A7DB-0C7B3380EF60-2099-00000396D4FE974B_tmp.png

AD3D7137-F6B1-4A2B-B30C-93ACAD91E1EC-2099-00000397F8A0C2A4_tmp.png

@Azrael wow, very cool! I can feel the space your talking about. Unmasking our original face.

2 hours ago, Azrael said:

A real master has seen through that, recognized the beauty and does what live gives him to do. He shapes and makes it and works with it, not against it and not to overcome it. He uses it to transform it into something else.

@Azrael  That sounds a lot less intense than what I pictured.  Like getting a reset button for a little while?  Was it blissful for you or frightening?

Had a moment like that on mushrooms, little different - a roommate made some strong tea, like five heaping handfuls of mushrooms - it was my second time trying mushrooms, and what I noticed was that the living room I was in felt like "just a room", rather than one I had spent any time in - felt more unified.  I remember thinking, "If I spend my life looking at everything as a whole like it is now it would be easier than looking at things in various puzzle pieces like I usually do."

Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

5 hours ago, BabyBat said:

@Azrael  That sounds a lot less intense than what I pictured.  Like getting a reset button for a little while?  Was it blissful for you or frightening?

Maybe read my trip reports if you want an in-depth description about what the dosages do. There is nothing in the MeO experience that is not intense. It is by far the most intense thing you can do. Simply for the reason because YOU die and you think that you are you and not unity and this will freak you out like shit in the beginning.

i have done 5meo and dmt a few times. done dmt today and it was the same experience as 5meo, 

@Leo Gura i remember you saying something about when you do 5meo it changes the effect of other psychedelics you do in future 

4 minutes ago, bobbyward said:

i have done 5meo and dmt a few times. done dmt today and it was the same experience as 5meo, 

Really? Sure both weren't DMT? Which dosage ?

But I've heard of someone who get 5-meo simliar experiences from DMT. However, 5-Meo is much more reliable, and it doesnt go the other way around.. i.e. people don't get DMT-like experiences from 5-MeO.

So how was your 5-meo experience? Very visual or not so visual? Talking with entities?

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

what i am saying is the dmt experience was like a 5meo experience. i didnt have visuals with either. no entities nothing like that.

i had 50mg of dmt in the pipe. 

57 minutes ago, bobbyward said:

@Leo Gura i remember you saying something about when you do 5meo it changes the effect of other psychedelics you do in future 

@bobbyward I've heard the same a couple places too. I guess it opens a door in perception that becomes more easily accessible after an experience with 5meo?  Here is what I wonder though, if so what does that special space feel like that you now return to? In a sentence how would you describe it?  JA finger pointing in that direction would be greatly appreciated. I would love to access that space too and possibly without using 5meo. Or at least a good direction to head in and maybe even a glimpse of it.  I think people like you and others that have experienced that door opening could be like a beacon to show others the way. Many thanks.

@bobbyward Yes, that's how it seems to work. Mushrooms become much deeper after 5-meo, in my experience.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I suggest those who are interested in DMT and 5-meo can find a lot of authentic experiences/reports, information ect.. on this site 

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/

Not everyone can just sign up and post anything they want in the main sections of these forums which is great to avoid immature posts, trolls and inexperienced psychonauts.

You have to pass a test with multiple questions which then current members review and decide whether you fit the requirements to post experiences and information or and questions in these forums.

Most are N'N- DMT reports but there are a fair bit of 5-Meo reports and indeed some highly experienced users with 5-meo in the Nexus which can help us here. There is also so much information on Meditation and all the other stuff we talk about and share here on Actualized so most here will enjoy some fantastic reads over there as well.

Not sure if you can view them but here are some good ones i can share

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=66540

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=738808#post738808

A 5-meo report https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=732384#post732384

Combining 5-meo with meditation https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=753723#post753723

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=712033#post712033

And you can find much more, I learned a lot and helped me a lot with my experiences.

I hope this helps 

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:33 PM, Azrael said:

In a 5-MeO-DMT experience every one of these programs you inhabit slowly begins to vanish until you have a raw view of reality. And in that very moment it becomes totally obvious that you are one with everything that exists and that everything stems from an infinite potential of things that can happen. And you realize that you and everything you know is fundamentally that

@Azrael This is amazing stuff man. I spent yesterday contemplating this one statement and looking at how deep my programs go.

I know this has been all said before but you really sum it up into one nice package here.

When you speak of the infinite potential of things that can happen, that in itself opens all possibilities for positive change.

I sit here now wondering why the heck I ever choose the programs I did in the first place. I feel as if I was just fooling myself most of the time and I was honestly kind of mad at myself yesterday for doing so.

Now that I have slept on that last night, today I'm finding more compassion for myself and seeing that it may be all part of the process of awakening.

Also in all fairness those programs do get instilled in us at an early age by society/parents ect. and do stick. But by far it's my fault for allowing those needless programs to continue as they did through most of life. "it becomes totally obvious that you are one with everything that exists and that stems from an Infinite potential of things".  Man I like that! I remember that so well as a child and always wondered where it went as I got older. Now I see it was only hidden behind the programs.

Is smoking freebase 100% effective at using all of the material?  But only with a lesser duration?

So snorting HCL wastes some, and needs proper technique which may be challenging. 

How well does under the tongue work with HCL?