Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

I have not yet had the opportunity to try 5-meo, though it is inevitable when the time is right. In the meantime I'm awful curious, is the visual aspect of this incredible 5-meo blast as huge as the feeling and knowing of being the one, timeless, boundless, infinite creator of it all. Is the visual experience of this even remotely describeable?

@FirstglimpseOMG There's very little visual effect.

Vision remains pretty much the same but with a bit of very subtle patterning on large flat surfaces.

And then vision becomes infinite. It's like you can see infinity, but it looks like transparent empty air.

The amazing part is not that you see anything new, but that everything you saw before get seen as the infinity it is. You see the mystical baked right into the mundane.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Well said Leo even though our words still do no justice to the experience itself haha

Psychedelics in general allow you to see how everything is connected to everything.

While most psychedelics are more of a journey and a teaching, DMT is more a direct connection to source consciousness(if you will).

B R E A T H E

@Leo Gura If I try this substance and I cannot surrender is it possible that in fear or panic I commit suicide? Do you think that would be possible on 5-Me0? Do you recommend a trip sitter and did you have one? 

@Tanuj You could commit suicide without 5-meo. Many people do.

@Leo Gura Yes, but a sane person would not, at least I would not. I am wondering if the 5meo could be such a shock to the ego that you kill yourself in fear or to relieve the stress. 

1 minute ago, Tanuj said:

@Leo Gura Yes, but a sane person would not, at least I would not. I am wondering if the 5meo could be such a shock to the ego that you kill yourself in fear or to relieve the stress. 

Nowadays, the most sane person is the most liable to commit suicide! He is the one who will do great things though, because he realizes the ridiculousness of the fake reality that is lived by. Lots of enlightened dudes were some of the most hardcore people in history. 

@Tanuj Anything's possible. You tell me. It's your brain.

Psychedelics are like sex. If you want zero risk, then the only option is abstinence.

@Leo Gura I guess it is worth the risk. Best to have a trip sitter handy just in case, cheers thanks for answering my questions. 

Has anyone tried Mezner's method of taking another dose after one dose has been taken? As in taking 5 mg, waiting for that dose to wear off slightly, then snorting another amount? It's said to reduce the panic to virtually zero. 

@Hunter Arrington I don't find 5-MeO-DMT to be panic inducing at all, so I don't see the point in worrying about it, but maybe it's just me.

I've read a lot of accounts where people talk about the fear, the terror, but that hasn't lined up at all with my own experience.

There is a strong ... excitement? Thrill? Possibly it is fear? .. as you approach the catharsis. Your heart begins to pound in your chest so hard and you can tell its coming. You accept it, give up on thinking and analyzing it and let it happen. 

It's challenging to describe the experience, because it's outside the normal framework of language. In my opinion, it's exactly what meditation traditions like zen point towards. I can see how people would interpret it as God.

After this peak it's absolute ecstacy as energy pours through your being. It feels like you've tapped into the source and it's all just pouring through you, like the tap is wide open and you are the conduit between the ground level of existence and our material world.

That's my perspective anyways, from only 2 proper experiences with it at doses I'm still working up on. So my perspective on it could change or become more fleshed out down the road.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

What are the risks in taking 5-meo-dmt?

This is a very deep/profound question. What do I mean by risks? This question is for anyone interested in taking 5-meo-dmt. What if a doctor is to answer this question? Here is an example involving risks to clarify what I mean by risks:

Many of us have taken immune shots. The majority of us are totally fine with it. However, did you know that there is a minority of people who have taken immune shots, and it didn't work for them? Some children became autistic after taking them. I knew of a woman who took the measles / mumps / rubella shot, and she was scarred with measles marks all over her face and body for life. She seeked a homeopathic doctor for help, but that doctor wasn't able to help her. This is what I mean by risks. The doctor doesn't tell you in a very personal manner that you are at risk for immune shots. If he did, that must mean he's a very caring/rare type of doctor who payed a lot of attention to you. If we are one of those people at risk for immune shots, we wouldn't know - unless we did excessive research and knew ourselves very well. We would have to be our own doctor too. Doctors are not perfect.

This also goes for psychedelics - to highly respect them like medicines. What are the risks for anyone (and everyone)? I have helped with a patient with severe schizophrenia. From that experience, I know that it's probably not a good idea to take psychedelics if you have a family history of mental illnesses since any stress in the environment could trigger the first psychosis. Even if you don't have a family history of mental illnesses, my guess is, there are risks in taking 5-meo-dmt. Psychedelics are very powerful. 

Another side to this is the spiritual side to it. Does it effect your karma? Does it make it better or worse since this is relating to spirituality? This is probably a very personal matter too.

Are there any professional sites talking about all the risks?

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Psychedelics are like sex.

You sound like Sigmund Freud. 

Edited by Key Elements

6 hours ago, Tanuj said:

@Leo Gura If I try this substance and I cannot surrender is it possible that in fear or panic I commit suicide? Do you think that would be possible on 5-Me0? Do you recommend a trip sitter and did you have one? 

It's definitely possible. It's possible even with shrooms.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Tanuj You could commit suicide without 5-meo. Many people do.

If you really wanna dive deep with psychedelics, it is important to have it all planned out. That's why I emphasize researching this stuff so much. It's also important to have some negative or very strong experiences to know how to handle those. In retrospect, all the psychedelic experiences that really shaped me in the long-term were at least emotionally heavy, explosive and transformative. They maybe ended in a nice calming resting no-self but to heal yourself something's gotta die.

So, what you'll find out with most psychedelic substances is that there is a threshold, a point, and when you cross that point you go from having a super explosive and crazy experience to being not able to control yourself anymore. Complete loss of motor functions, of rational thinking. Plan for that. I have for every substance I take a plan with which I can get myself out of the trip (or let's say out of the overwhelming shit) in 15-30 minutes. That's important. Because when I induce these threshold experiences that are the most beneficial to me they can either be very pleasant and overwhelming or the other way around. And you want to have a plan to end this.

But to be earnest, I also had to learn that the hard way. So learn out of my experiences. When I did LSD for about a year I decided one day to take 450ug. I normally take 350-400 to have a really deep experience but this time I shot over the top and my friends had to help me calm down and shit. This was - however - one of my deepest experiences I ever had and I would be even willing to induce such a negative experience again when somebody is around and can watch me. But if you trip alone for spiritual exploration - as I do - have some counter measures.

A start is having some carbohydrates, sugar, a coffee, a cigarette, and a cold shower ready if you need it. Ends most trips in 15-30 minutes or at least brings you to a state of being able to control it again.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Leo Gura Yes, you know that he was an early psychologist who related everything to sex. I'm searching for a real answer.

I think it's better if serious questions are answered clearly and professionally and not turned into jokes. I think many others won't take it seriously if it's in jokes.

The style in which I'm asking you pretty much relates to your most recent clip - How I Do Research, Big Picture Thinking.

Remember, you did say to question everything in that clip.

Edited by Key Elements

It sounds like magic to me, I'm excited by the possibilities. I'm actually astounded that I've found out about such a substance. 

It's pretty strange to look back at all my purely recreational use of psychedelics over the years, particularly when I was in my late teens. Occasionally, I'd have some new core realizations about life while tripping along, but mostly I figured I was using my mind & imagination to mess with reality for as long as it would last, simply because it was fun. I never realized that my trips were closer to what 'reality' really looked like, all warpy and sketchy and ethereal & malleable, all potential awaiting manifestation. Very, very hilarious in retrospect, remembering that feeling that the world seemed rather mundane the day after a good warp session. That might be pretty telling of our ego's ability to separate and categorize every aspect of our current experience so well that it sucks any magic out of the everyday. (Every moment, unless you've lost yourself in something creative or immersive eh?)

Chickenshit little self-misguided personality, looking at and living magic every second of this manifestation and almost completely missing it all while bitching, moaning & getting all churned up because one of those metal/glass/plastic/rubber things rolled into the space we were going to roll into between those marks on the ground, as we travelled home to consume calories & 'push' media in our cage after slaving the day away for some 'organization'. Glad I woke up a bit, how the fuck did that happen?

Edited by FirstglimpseOMG
Grammar

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And never take 5-meo orally.

Because it's a waste or because it's harmful?

So under the tongue with HCL could work. Sounds good, anyone tried this?

3 hours ago, Key Elements said:

What are the risks in taking 5-meo-dmt?

Many of us have taken immune shots. The majority of us are totally fine with it. However, did you know that there is a minority of people who have taken immune shots, and it didn't work for them?

Though this is an endogenous neurotransmitter.

As for schizophrenia, that stuff is so misunderstood. A longer post for something that might seem a bit off topic but it's worth mentioning because being the victim of becoming insane is one of the biggest fears of the western mind.

1st. There is never anything that can make you lose your free will to think positive, (learn to) still the mind, face your trauma and rest as still sane awareness.

There really is no risk at all if you know this and know that any disturbances come from the ego based of (unconscious) negative imprints.

Second we are dealing with 2 different things when talking about schizophrenia when it is developed later in life, there is 'schizophrenia' that consists of :

Spiritual awakening (Opening of the psychic senses, seeing reality in a new light, more energy, change in behavior, become aware of synchronicity). This already tends to sound like a 'broken brain in most materialist eyes.

And

An overdrive of the ego that shoots into projection and denial, the ego puts itself as the victim of it's fears and or the ego denies it's own lack of self worth by trying to become grandiose. 

'But isn't it genetic'

No. Identical twins do not always get it together, so it cannot be solely genetic.

Though Identical twins have a 25-50% chance to be diagnosed together and around 10% for fraternal twins,  this could be because genetics may cause one to be more prone to stress or psychic opening and because identical twins are also closer to each other in life.

But genetics can never decide your state of mind regardless, and if you find your mind to be at the seeming subject of despair/unrest it's because of unconscious negative imprints (trauma or told fear based beliefs) and you need to face/feel them. 

I've been through this process, had multiple diagnoses, and it all went away when I finally found spirituality/non-duality and just went within, and I removed a deep long depression and schizophrenic mind within a year all by myself.