Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,962 posts in this topic

hey @Leo Gura I watched your video about your 30 day experiment. Holy shit.

I have a question.. You mentioned you always went to the the bathtub at the height of your experience and that you don't black out.

Could you explain? I mean, it knocked me out of my socks no matter how low the dosage, so what's going on here? Were you "mini-dosing" ? Could you share some specifics, please? Or if this is discussed elsewhere, please share a link?

<3

17 hours ago, zikzak said:

So my point is that you just never know. And if you haven't done the first trip with a sitter you don't have ANY clue how you will react. And before even considering doing it solo I'd say it's very wise to do 3-5 trips with a sitter to get some experience. 

would having a sitter on skype help much? 

9 hours ago, sethx said:

hey @Leo Gura I watched your video about your 30 day experiment. Holy shit.

I have a question.. You mentioned you always went to the the bathtub at the height of your experience and that you don't black out.

Could you explain? I mean, it knocked me out of my socks no matter how low the dosage, so what's going on here? Were you "mini-dosing" ? Could you share some specifics, please?

Mini-dosing? Lol. I was mega-dosing. 25-30mgs towards the end of the experiment. And even a few back to back double-doses.

What's going on is that I have a special brain and special mind which responds differently to psychedelics than most humans.

Stop assuming that everyone is the same. That's your error.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Rolo you never tripped, did you?

not with 5meo

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Mini-dosing? Lol. I was mega-dosing. 25-30mgs towards the end of the experiment. And even a few back to back double-doses.

What's going on is that I have a special brain and special mind which responds differently to psychedelics than most humans.

Stop assuming that everyone is the same. That's your error.

I had no idea that's even possible. Thanks for teaching that to me and for reminding me that the experience is radically different for everyone.

@Leo Gura  @sethx My guess is that "knocking out of socks" is mostly caused by impurities/energetical blocks. I lost consciousness few times doing kriya yoga and it happened only at times I had trapped energy in lower chakras.

Hi everyone, 

Very informative thread here.  I've been experimenting with 5 for about 3 months now.. probably have done around 40 trips?  at first I was using the mason jar method found on youtube and now have upgraded to the APX Volt which is such a great little device. 

Anyway, I'm writing this message to try and figure out my experience.  I feel I haven't had a breakthrough experience and certainly not any where there is infinite bliss and love.  My last 10 trips last around 20 - 30 minutes and are incredibly intense.  The best way I can describe it is an indescribably fast zooming out of consciousness into an infinite white void.  During the first 20 minutes, there is no absolutely no sense of self.  My sense of ego slowly kicks in around the 20-25 minute mark and I manage to open my eyes and all I see is white.  I try and look for my body and cannot see it.  I try and breathe into my lungs and I cannot feel it.  But slowly, "normal" reality starts to set in.  This was quite frightening at first.. part of me wondering if I'll be stuck in this white void forever! haha. The main "realization" from these trips is being in awe of the magnitude of consciousness but I do not recall a sense of communing with an infinite power/love.  It's a very pragmatic? logical kind of experience.. not very spiritual/mind fuckery-esque.

Unfortunately I am unable to tell you the dosage I am using as I simply use the micro spoon that came with the APX Volt.  Various reddit members have said it to be around 10uG and I have been using about 1.5 scoops so approx 15uG if that measurement is correct.  

Has anyone else had a similar experience?  Do I simply need to up the dosage?  I feel like the experiences I have been having have been incredibly intense but does having a breakthrough experience mean absolutely obliterating this sense of self (one way ticket) with more 5?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you

@bueysdontcry It's not a matter of dose, it's a matter of contemplation. You have to push yourself to understand the nature of reality/consciousness.

You might also want to try other substances if 5-MeO-DMT feels very logical to you. Other substances will be less logical.

7 hours ago, bueysdontcry said:

The best way I can describe it is an indescribably fast zooming out of consciousness into an infinite white void. 

Perhaps try reducing the dose a little. Whiteouts IME are suggestive of overshooting.

2 hours ago, Corpus said:

Perhaps try reducing the dose a little. Whiteouts IME are suggestive of overshooting.

On 20/10/2020 at 1:53 AM, Adam M said:

Sorry can't unquote

@Corpus Well, my first 5-meo experience was like that and I must say it left me a little bit dissapointed. And it was 10mg. You sure that was "overshooting" and I should do less?

22 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Sorry can't unquote

@Corpus Well, my first 5-meo experience was like that and I must say it left me a little bit dissapointed. And it was 10mg. You sure that was "overshooting" and I should do less?

I have only experienced the whiteout via vaporization. ROA is important to consider ie I refer to this mode only and cannot speak about whiteouts via plugging/snorting. The whiteout is definitely too much to really "appreciate" the non-dual gift 5 MeO offers in all its majesty. Martin Ball would concur with what I say but he too is one who vapes the stuff. 8mg via vaporization can be as much/little as one needs and for vaping is the dose I would recommend starting at, and working up in 0.5mg aliquots till ones sweet spot is reached.  

Dark room meditation, fasting, and specific mudras negate the requirement of anything from outside for "enlightenment".

Do not get me wrong, I have benefited immensely from various plants. :) It is good to know however that, at a point, they can be left to the wayside. :)

On 4/11/2020 at 1:50 PM, Corpus said:

I have only experienced the whiteout via vaporization. ROA is important to consider ie I refer to this mode only and cannot speak about whiteouts via plugging/snorting. The whiteout is definitely too much to really "appreciate" the non-dual gift 5 MeO offers in all its majesty. Martin Ball would concur with what I say but he too is one who vapes the stuff. 8mg via vaporization can be as much/little as one needs and for vaping is the dose I would recommend starting at, and working up in 0.5mg aliquots till ones sweet spot is reached.  

I see thanks for the clarification.

After your explanation I definetely will abstain from more trials with vaporization and just plug it.

20 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

Did anyone here take 5 MeO-DMT on the same day you took modafinil?

Can‘t find if there could be any dangerous interaction between the two..

Be careful. That could go badly.

Don't mix stuff with 5-MeO-DMT.

should i prepare my body in any way before taking 5meo dmt? like abstain from sex, have empty stomach or do more cardio?

Empty stomach is crucial. You could throw up while under and aspirate in your lungs. If you're plugging, empty bowels is crucial. Also make sure you feel safe and comfortable in your environment. Have a trip sitter when starting out. Beyond all that, surrendering and letting go are the most important aspect.