Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,963 posts in this topic

@Javfly33 What was wrong about smoking / vaping? I tried plugging first l, despite high dose It was short and weak. Vaping was super fast acting, it kicked me directly into nothingness. I didn't have time to be scared. I won't lie, it was an eternal nightmare :PMaybe it was a mistake that I had my eyes closed all the time.

I like that vaping requires less preparation than plugging. Long process only make me more anxious.

1 minute ago, Username said:

@Javfly33 What was wrong about smoking / vaping? I tried plugging first l, despite high dose It was short and weak. Vaping was super fast acting, it kicked me directly into nothingness. I didn't have time to be scared. I won't lie, it was an eternal nightmare :PMaybe it was a mistake that I had my eyes closed all the time.

I like that vaping requires less preparation than plugging. Long process only make me more anxious.

Some reasons :

1- It hits me so strong I have a hard time to prepare myself to let go. With plugging the Real Reality washing over me is more gradual, so it feels is much gentler this way even though the destination is the same.

2- with smoking there's this moment in the maximum peak where I almost black out of so strong it is. Even though it wasn't as strong to breakthrough. Well I don't even know what is "breakthrough" anyway. But since difficult to integrate it when it's so intense.

3- And also, I remember I had quite a headache after smoking it that lasted a good 3 - 4 hours. This was pure 5-meo-dmt, not Bufo Alvarius. Didn't happen with plugging.

10 minutes ago, Username said:

Maybe it was a mistake that I had my eyes closed all the time.

If it's a breakthrough there are no eyes to close...you are not human anymore for a while

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

If it's a breakthrough there are no eyes to close...you are not human anymore for a while

What is a breakthrough exactly? Total and absolute non-duality?

10 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I meant with breakthrough a total ego death, but maybe the real meaning is another. Ego death where it's no mind at all, absolutely unconsciousness of your body including

On 31/08/2020 at 9:12 AM, Leo Gura said:

[...] It's not like plugging is limited in potency. It's just gonna be a smoother and longer trip rather than a sledgehammer to the head. [...]

Even plugged 5-MeO-DMT is too short for the kind of work we're interested in here. We want trips that are 3-4 hours long. Vaping that much DMT wears out my lungs.

Wasn't that the key to Martin Balls' liberation?

He said that many short trips (the many openings and closings of the ego) are what permanently cracked it open. Might this be more effective for "permanent enlightenment"?

What are your thoughts on that? 

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

17 minutes ago, Spiral Wizard said:

He said that many short trips (the many openings and closings of the ego) are what permanently cracked it open. Might this be more effective for "permanent enlightenment"?

Well he also did about 5 million Ayahuasca trips, if you read his book, as well as a LOT of Salvia.  His entire energetic awakening experience is so bizarre that it's pretty hard to wrap my head around what happened to him and IF that sort of thing is even something desirable.  Unlike Leo, who has done an immeasurable amount of learning and inner work in addition to psychedelics, Martin still appears (even fully enlightened) to be far from actualized.  That is my impression after reading Becoming Infinite, anyway.

4 hours ago, Spiral Wizard said:

I don't know that there was any one key for him.

I don't see how it makes a difference. You can crank up the plugged dose as high as you want.

A longer trip is not going to dissolve the ego any less than a short trip, just the opposite.

It's not like you will come back from a 4 hour 5-MeO trip and be like, "Well, that was full nonduality, but it lasted for 4 hours instead of 15 minutes, therefore it isn't permanent enlightenment."

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Spiral Wizard Well in Dzogchen there's a saying "short moments repeated many times". 

Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche:

"The training in recognizing mind essence is this: short moments repeated many times. There is no other way. A short duration guarantees it is actually the authentic mind essence, by itself.  Repeating this recognition many times ensures that we will get used to it."

So there might be some truth to it as a principle. 

As far as tripping goes and 5meo. If you don't get to a place where you can recognize mind essence/non-dual awareness sober then 5meo can still hold a lot of value but the nut is far from cracked, no?  How many people can shift into non-dual awareness sober? Very very few as far as I can tell. And the psychedelic/5meo community doesn't seem too promising in that regard - unfortunately. It would be great if it was easier. 

@Leo Gura The question that should be rather asked: is it better to have one hour trip or four that lasts 15 minutes?

Long trip gives more time for contemplation but many short trips may create more efficient "energy pathways" by pushing energy many times - like daily practice of pranayama.

@Username To me it is obvious that one solid long trip is better.

I don't want to be a spiritual yo-yo.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

I would describe it more as a total and absolute boundary-lessness

On 30/08/2020 at 7:31 AM, JR2 said:

This week I started experimenting with 5-MEO-DMT...

Day 1 - I did two rounds. The first dose was 3 mg and the second was 6 mg. I only managed to get a mild buzz from these two rounds. I did them back to back - within five minutes.

Day 2 - I started out with 6 mg again and I didn't really feel much, so I did a 7 mg dose. After this dose I had a wonderful buzz going, so I decided to do a 8 mg dose. The original hit only intensified the buzz, so I just continued to heat and take a hit off the original 8 mg dose. I did this 3-4 times and then it hit me...

I laid down and within a few seconds I started to panic and my heart started to race and I began sweating. I experienced this once before in my younger days when I had a bad angina attack. An angina attack is pretty much the same as a heart attack minus the tissue damage. During this feeling of impending doom I was thinking to myself that I will never do this again. This only lasted for probably less than a minute so I guess I just surrendered.

After the panic stopped I felt at peace and entered the void. This is the same void/stillness I experience when I meditate. While in this void/stillness it felt like I was getting compressed from all sides, and I was slowly getting smaller and smaller. I experienced no panic or fear during this stage. I recall experiencing this feeling/sensation before but for the life of me I couldn't remember.

I think I may take a break for a little bit and do some more research. I was using an oil burner pipe to smoke the 5-MEO-DMT freebase...

Lol. You should do more.

20mg. 3 hits. No less.

The first hit opens up your system. Your heart will race and you’ll need to surrender. Then you’ll enter the stillness. But that’s nothing yet. You need to take another hit. It will crank everything up again. More heartracing. Now you’ll really start feeling it. Surrender again. And just when you’re certain this is it, you’ve broken through, no, you need to take that 3rd hit. Only then will you understand.

17 hours ago, Display_Name said:

Lol. You should do more.

20mg. 3 hits. No less.

The first hit opens up your system. Your heart will race and you’ll need to surrender. Then you’ll enter the stillness. But that’s nothing yet. You need to take another hit. It will crank everything up again. More heartracing. Now you’ll really start feeling it. Surrender again. And just when you’re certain this is it, you’ve broken through, no, you need to take that 3rd hit. Only then will you understand.

Dangerous advice- this ^^ is in response to someone using an oil burner pipe to smoke freebase 5 MeO DMT. People have been seriously mentally traumatised by 20mg vaporized properly. 20mg IF vaporized optimally would be less than one full inhalation for most people. Maybe working on ones vaporization technique would be better for ones mental state and stash, rather than half-assing it as per the above advice.

6 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Display_Name so you cannot prevent heart racing and panic attacs during come ups? Just accepting them? 

@OBEler As much as I tried to prepare myself for it, it seems the heart race is kinda inevitable the first trips.

6 hours ago, Corpus said:

Dangerous advice- this ^^ is in response to someone using an oil burner pipe to smoke freebase 5 MeO DMT. People have been seriously mentally traumatised by 20mg vaporized properly. 20mg IF vaporized optimally would be less than one full inhalation for most people. Maybe working on ones vaporization technique would be better for ones mental state and stash, rather than half-assing it as per the above advice.

Wtf are you talking about?

I meant 20mg freebase oil pipe. That’s how I did it. 

The guy in question wasn’t even close to breaking through.

Edited by Display_Name

40 minutes ago, Display_Name said:

Wtf are you talking about?

I meant 20mg freebase oil pipe. That’s how I did it. 

The guy in question wasn’t even close to breaking through.

If you needed 3 inhalations to have the full release then your technique needs work; the freebase oil pipe is very variable in how it delivers unless you are very proficient in its use, whilst being alert to the fact that different freebases behave very differently in the pipe. 20mg is a very heavy dose to casually suggest to another; should it be the case that the person you suggested this dose to was to have a "lucky" (or unlucky) blast and got the 20mg in one breath they would probably not thank you for it. It could be at best just a whiteout, or at worst a very damaging experience. 

This site is too casual in some of the advice given when it comes to psychedelics. Harm reduction seems low in its list of priorities. 

Did Leo make a guide on plugging 5-MeO? I thought I saw someone mention it