Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,959 posts in this topic

@outlandish Brother, 'off topic' is my middle name. ;)

Well, to return to the topic at hand, here's another question that I posted elsewhere but didn't really get a satisfying answer/opinion as of yet:

I know (or rather heard) that N'N DMT and 5-Meo are not really comparable; but my limited experience with N'N DMT is such that the handful of low doses that I tried in the past have always given me the absolute creeps since my ego was still strong enough to resist the eperience - and because of this, I have not been able to muster up the courage for trying a proper breakthrough dose as of yet. So I am wondering: Might it be a good idea for someone like me to start out with 15 mg of 5-Meo DMT right away in order to just blast through and not give the ego any chance to put up a fight in the first place, or do you think that it is mandatory to start low and gradually work your way up?

(I do realize that there are probably no hard and fast answers to these kinds of questions since everyone reacts differently to substances like 5-Meo, but it would be interesting to hear other people's opinions about this.)

Why so serious?

I feel the urge to share a few tips regarding 5-MeO. I am not, by all means, a professional psychonaut. This is advice for newbies smoking 5-MeO :) 

I use an oil pipe and torch lighter for smoking 5-MeO in a freebase form. My advice mostly regarding the fear before the trip.
First of all, do the 5-MeO when you feel the best, I usually do it after a cold shower or Wim Hof breathing. I do it in silence.
One tip is at the beginning of the trip you may concentrate on deep breathing to calm yourself down. Another tip, say to yourself: "It's all good", "I am God", "I am Love", "It's a Dream", "I love you". The main tip is: you can smoke a few times in a row. Smoke 5mg at the beginning, after smoking just 5mg the fear will decrease significantly then you can smoke 10mg... So, you can start from a really low dose, you can even repeat this low dose a few times, and then increase the dosage until a breakthrough. I find one breakthrough in one session is really enough. Keep the eyes open, investigate everything around, enjoy ;) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

50 minutes ago, allislove said:

I feel the urge to share a few tips regarding 5-MeO. I am not, by all means, a professional psychonaut. This is advice for newbies smoking 5-MeO :) 

I use an oil pipe and torch lighter for smoking 5-MeO in a freebase form. My advice mostly regarding the fear before the trip.
First of all, do the 5-MeO when you feel the best, I usually do it after a cold shower or Wim Hof breathing. I do it in silence.
One tip is at the beginning of the trip you may concentrate on deep breathing to calm yourself down. Another tip, say to yourself: "It's all good", "I am God", "I am Love", "It's a Dream", "I love you". The main tip is: you can smoke a few times in a row. Smoke 5mg at the beginning, after smoking just 5mg the fear will decrease significantly then you can smoke 10mg... So, you can start from a really low dose, you can even repeat this low dose a few times, and then increase the dosage until a breakthrough. I find one breakthrough in one session is really enough. Keep the eyes open, investigate everything around, enjoy ;) 

"Just 5mg". Really? This seems to suggest that 5mg is trivial. I know this forum is replete with non-duality enthusiasts, many of whom have realized stuff with many modalities which includes 5 MeO DMT but (Leo aside) the impression I get is this tool plays a lesser role than others for many. I also wonder about how efficiently the vaporization is conducted, and sometimes how pure the material used actually is. 5mg of 98-99% pure freebase if correctly vaporized is still an imposing venture which can be very disconcerting due to the warping of cognition short of a breakthrough, and the absence of  concomitant visual effects. I am less convinced that working ones way up the dosage range to the breakthrough is necessarily the best way to go, as once the threshold is crossed its divergent rather than progressive. The existential fear is to be expected and after several breakthroughs becomes much less of an issue because the essence of what 5 MeO DMT reveals via vaporization is predictable (unlike DMT) if this revelation has been integrated fully. DMT is much more challenging with longer-term repeated use than 5 MeO DMT, by far, IMO. 

I think perfecting ones vaporization technique is vital, as is having quality freebase- and the latter can take some research and effort to secure. The quality of the freebase will also have a bearing on which methods of efficient vaporization are open to you. Have a suitable sitter and start at 8-10mg as a single inhalation and if one can just "let go" for 30 seconds then you will cease to be as you conventionally "are".  

5 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Might it be a good idea for someone like me to start out with 15 mg of 5-Meo DMT right away in order to just blast through and not give the ego any chance to put up a fight in the first place, or do you think that it is mandatory to start low and gradually work your way up?

(I do realize that there are probably no hard and fast answers to these kinds of questions since everyone reacts differently to substances like 5-Meo, but it would be interesting to hear other people's opinions about this.)

In my opinion, it's still a good idea to work your way up. It won't take that many trials before you find the sweet spot. The problem with trying to blast through with a large dose right from the start is that you can accidentally overshoot and blackout, which would be useless and taxing. The other problem is that you can be so preoccupied with the novelty of the experience that your mind can race and not settle down. I feel that by getting acclimatized a few times, it's easier to go with the flow because you're used to the terrain to some extent. That way when it's time to let go and trust, it's a simpler process and you're not counting on luck.

That being said, your suggestion of 15mg isn't excessive, unless you mean vaping. I'd say if you have the intuition to plug or snort 15mg off the get-go, just go for it. 

I appreciate the caveat you added at the end there, it's so true that it's different for everyone.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish Yeah, 15 mg is probably not a guaranteed breakthrough dose anyway, and starting out on 20 mg seems a bit foolhardy... so I guess that I will probably start with 10 mg after all and then gradually ramp it up. I was just interested in hearing an experienced 5-Meo user's thoughts on this; thanks for sharing your opinion!

Why so serious?

@Bazooka Jesus Start with 5 mg. This will really not scare you at all. It only costs 30 minutes of your life. Why the rush? Take time to know the substance. 10 mg will be much easier to handle if you do 5 mg first.

@Bazooka Jesus yes, still very subtle. If you do 5 mg many times (I mean not in a row, always with a break in between) it will slowly get stronger and stronger and therefore fear can come up ( but manageable)

5 mg can also be very enjoyable, like a very good meditation session and beyond. So try this out first and when you can handle it then raise the dose. And plugging needs exercise. Your first plugging can fail (I failed too). Would be bad if you waste your 5 meo with high amout on first tries plugging

Edited by OBEler

Hey y'all, I read on an older thread about converting freebase to HCL that it can be converted using white vinegar for the purpose of plugging. In case I end up snorting it, would the white vinegar method work as well?

More importantly, could I convert an entire 1g batch at once with white vinegar, or do I need to convert one dose at a time?

Also, I tried watching Leo's video on how to plug psychedelics but I'm not getting any sound. Is there supposed to sound in that video?

Thank you

Edited by SJS

9 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

@OBEler But what do you experience on 5 mg? Anything at all?

9 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

@OBEler But what do you experience on 5 mg? Anything at all?

5 mg can be pretty intense if vaporized effectively.. 

@OBEler Oh right ? - vaping was mentioned earlier so I didn't know which ROA was referred to. 

@Corpus 

Re-dosing while smoking is so cheap/simple, no need to "jump" through fears. Start always small and increase in the same session until a breakthrough. That was my point. What is "small" for you it's another question, 5mg is manageable for me, not a breakthrough. I am open to the possibility that my smoking technique is not the most effective but so it can be for any other person. 5-MeO is not trivial at all, amazing substance ^_^

21 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Bazooka Jesus yes, still very subtle. If you do 5 mg many times (I mean not in a row, always with a break in between) it will slowly get stronger and stronger and therefore fear can come up ( but manageable)

5 mg can also be very enjoyable, like a very good meditation session and beyond. So try this out first and when you can handle it then raise the dose. And plugging needs exercise. Your first plugging can fail (I failed too). Would be bad if you waste your 5 meo with high amout on first tries plugging

Gotcha, thanks.

Why so serious?

9 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

@allislove But I want to try plugging... smoking some white chemical powder gives me the absolute willies.

5f180254e5dee_ezgif.com-video-to-gif(3).gif.647fe6ac725a458ab27fc32609c1bec4.gif.b8d739613e73ffa96199952010c5638f.gif

Use any ROA you enjoy.

This week I started experimenting with 5-MEO-DMT...

Day 1 - I did two rounds. The first dose was 3 mg and the second was 6 mg. I only managed to get a mild buzz from these two rounds. I did them back to back - within five minutes.

Day 2 - I started out with 6 mg again and I didn't really feel much, so I did a 7 mg dose. After this dose I had a wonderful buzz going, so I decided to do a 8 mg dose. The original hit only intensified the buzz, so I just continued to heat and take a hit off the original 8 mg dose. I did this 3-4 times and then it hit me...

I laid down and within a few seconds I started to panic and my heart started to race and I began sweating. I experienced this once before in my younger days when I had a bad angina attack. An angina attack is pretty much the same as a heart attack minus the tissue damage. During this feeling of impending doom I was thinking to myself that I will never do this again. This only lasted for probably less than a minute so I guess I just surrendered.

After the panic stopped I felt at peace and entered the void. This is the same void/stillness I experience when I meditate. While in this void/stillness it felt like I was getting compressed from all sides, and I was slowly getting smaller and smaller. I experienced no panic or fear during this stage. I recall experiencing this feeling/sensation before but for the life of me I couldn't remember.

I think I may take a break for a little bit and do some more research. I was using an oil burner pipe to smoke the 5-MEO-DMT freebase...

50 minutes ago, JR2 said:

An angina attack is pretty much the same as a heart attack minus the tissue damage. During this feeling of impending doom I was thinking to myself that I will never do this again.

Haha!

Yeah.... that's exactly how the first few trips are.

You gotta push past all that nonsense. You're not even scratching the surface yet.

If you want an easier trip, then plug it. Otherwise, get ready to have your reality obliterated within in seconds.

You don't need to do any more research. We told you exactly what you're getting into here.

If you do a serious breakthrough trip, it's gonna feel like God shot you in the face with a shotgun.

Plugging is the way to go. You guys are unnecessarily freaking yourselves out with vaping.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura hmm but for a first time 5 meo breakthrough experience is it not better to be in this hell for just some seconds/minutes?  Like what is better,

• God shoot you in the face with a shotgun (vaping) or 
  • God is slowly ripping you apart (plugging)

I would prefer to be shot in the face. More quickly and less struggle to fight against the experience

Edited by OBEler

35 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Leo Gura hmm but for a first time 5 meo breakthrough experience is it not better to be in this hell for just some seconds/minutes?  Like what is better,

• God shoot you in the face with a shotgun (vaping) or 
  • God is slowly ripping you apart (plugging)

I would prefer to be shot in the face. More quickly and less struggle to fight against the experience

Exactly, I think the same. But I guess I´ll have to plug it to verify it lol. Having had no breakthrough yet, I can say that indeed the nature of vaping being so instant makes it a little difficult to let go and accomodate to the experience that if the drug slowly creeps up on you like acid or mushrooms are... but I´ll have to verify it plugging 5-meo to be sure its just like that.