Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,962 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, OBEler said:

After effects are very vey good (extreme music enhancement).

Interesting - I find extreme music enhancement from almost all psychedelics, but that 5-MeO-DMT is one of the few exceptions. This really points to how plastic psychedelics are. I think it's probably down to the context that I've used 5-MeO-DMT vs other psychedelics rather than an inherent quality of the compound itself. Possibly could be personal response, or something.

This is a good reminder not to try to pin down the qualities of these substances too hard.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish what do you mean 5 meo is one of the few exceptions? Do you have no musical enhancement ? Maybe this is only on low dose plugged possible. I have this effect so strong the sound of beat of music is like burning in my head (almost too much but still very pleasant) 

8 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@outlandish what do you mean 5 meo is one of the few exceptions? Do you have no musical enhancement ? Maybe this is only on low dose plugged possible. I have this effect so strong the sound of beat of music is like burning in my head (almost too much but still very pleasant) 

I just mean that when I take 5-MeO-DMT, I'm not really attracted to listening to music, and when I do, it doesn't really sound any more special than if I were at baseline (normal awake-consciousness level). This has been true for me at low dosages, and after high dosages as well. I guess I've only ever used music on the tail-end of 5-MeO-DMT. During the buildup and peak I prefer silence. So maybe if I played music all the way through, I would have a musical trip and it would be a completely different story.

I'm a very auditory and musically-oriented person, so music is a very important aspect of my typical trip, but for 5-MeO-DMT music has always been very neutral.

42 minutes ago, outlandish said:

I just mean that when I take 5-MeO-DMT, I'm not really attracted to listening to music, and when I do, it doesn't really sound any more special than if I were at baseline (normal awake-consciousness level). This has been true for me at low dosages, and after high dosages as well. I guess I've only ever used music on the tail-end of 5-MeO-DMT. During the buildup and peak I prefer silence. So maybe if I played music all the way through, I would have a musical trip and it would be a completely different story.

I'm a very auditory and musically-oriented person, so music is a very important aspect of my typical trip, but for 5-MeO-DMT music has always been very neutral.

I think it depends on the context as to how music is perceived/experienced; emerging from a breakthrough, as the mind structure reassembles, the appropriate music whilst not distorted or enhanced per se provides a really gratifying emotional hit. What is interesting, in providing a "novel slant" on the absence of subject-object relations, is to vaporize 10-12mg whilst wearing headphones and a suitable tune playing. The cognitive attempt to fill in the gap on emergence has no notion of distortion applied to it.  

1 minute ago, Corpus said:

What is interesting, in providing a "novel slant" on the absence of subject-object relations, is to vaporize 10-12mg whilst wearing headphones and a suitable tune playing. The cognitive attempt to fill in the gap on emergence has no notion of distortion applied to it.  

That sounds wild. I think ideally you'd want to select music that is both "the perfect tune" and something you've never heard before, so that it doesn't anchor to too much familiarity and associated memories.

@outlandish Oh no, AFTER the trip of course you need to hear the music. Not during the trip. Try it out one or two hours after the trip. the effect is noticable for many hours after trip, sometimes even days. At least for me, but I cannot be the only one. This effect is too strong and happens almost every time

Edited by OBEler

Just now, OBEler said:

@outlandish Oh no, AFTER the trip of course you need to hear the music. Not during the trip. Try it out one or two hours after the trip. the effect is noticable for many hours after trip, sometimes even days. 

Yeah, what I'm saying is that my experience differs from yours. I don't really have musical enhancement when I listen to music one to two hours after the peak with 5-MeO-DMT. I mean I still like listening to music at that time, but I always like listening to music and it's not amplified after the 5-MeO-DMT per se. This differs from my experience with virtually every other psychedelic where there is usually powerful music/sonic enhancement. DPT, LSD, the 2C series, AL-LAD, mushrooms and so on all give me very significant musical enhancement, but not 5-MeO-DMT so much.

7 minutes ago, outlandish said:

That sounds wild. I think ideally you'd want to select music that is both "the perfect tune" and something you've never heard before, so that it doesn't anchor to too much familiarity and associated memories.

This is the track I used:

Its one of my trusted go-to tracks for vaporized tryptamines. "Being the music" leaves no need or place to evoke memories.

@outlandish Interesting to hear, thanks! Am I the only one here ?!?!?

What else you get from low dose 5 meo dmt (4-10 mg plugged), I sometimes feel wanky like I cannot locate myself. 

1 minute ago, OBEler said:

@outlandish Interesting to hear, thanks! Am I the only one here ?!?!?

What else you get from low dose 5 meo dmt (4-10 mg plugged), I sometimes feel wanky like I cannot locate myself. 

Wanky lol xD I think you mean wonky xD

Yeah the 4-10mg region is a bit odd. I've found it to be very interesting and useful in it's own way. I've gotten a lot of semi-mundane insights into stuff that's going on in my life at that dose range. I like to take that small dose once in a while, I think it has a little to offer, but many people find it's too much in the in-between region and not worthwhile.

One time I took 8mg of 5-MeO-DMT and went for a run in a shitty part of town. That was not a worthwhile experience at all, won't repeat that ever and don't recommend it. I've had some very nice experiences around that dosage range with a cup of mint tea and my couch.

@outlandish @outlandish wonky yes hahaha. No 5 meo trip was wanky so far. Often times nothing happens really but afterglow is still nice.

I get almost no insight on low dose. Just interesting how it differs on every dose a little bit.

@outlandish Hey, I was curious to know if you've had any of these kind of "clear light" 5meo type experiences with LSD? I've had experiences with LSD at the very peak that sound very 5meo like, the sense of complete merging with everything for all eternity as my whole experience dissolves into that light, but I've never had 5 meo and I'm very interested, I resonate a lot with people's 5-meo reports (more so than reports with other psychedelics) but since I have never done it I feel I could still very well be missing something, perhaps it's just not of the same calibre as 5meo I have no idea. I'd bite the bullet and just do it, but...I'm only 20 lol.

You seem much more educated on this subject than me so I was hoping you could help me here, regarding the similarities and differences of nondual experiences regarding a whole host of different psychedelics but specifically traditional psychs like LSD. Sorry if I came off a bit vague aha. Personally the experience felt completely undeniable but I'm still humble enough to recognise how little I know compared to many other people on this thread. Thanks ver much 

Hi @Ry4n - I've not had the same kind of experience on LSD or any other psychedelics, but I've definitely seen glimmers of it with various compounds. In my experience, nothing goes straight to the heart of the matter like 5-MeO-DMT.

People definitely have these kinds of experiences on LSD, or other psychedelics. It's just that with something like LSD, you usually have to dose quite high (or things have to click just right), and it's a much longer lasting, and psychedelia-type experience surrounding it. 5-MeO-DMT is probably like the bit that you tasted there, but shorter acting, and stripped right down to that non-duality aspect. 5-MeO-DMT is a little bit of a one-trick-pony, but it's "THE" trick.

There's nothing lower-calibre about a peak LSD experience at all, it's just that LSD probably less reliably delivers this type of experience because it's not quite as potent on that specific non-duality axis, and it's more potent on the other psychedelic axes, if that makes sense. I've read reports of people having these types of peak experiences with LSD, and it's left me with no doubt that they are just as valuable as one you might experience on 5-MeO-DMT.

I'd say at age 20 you don't need to rush into 5-MeO-DMT or anything like that. I'd take it easy with psychedelics in general. I was taking psychedelics at that age, and I benefitted from them, but you don't want to overdo it, you have your whole life ahead to explore with them. I think it's a great age to begin experimenting, but take it slow and easy, take the time to get the most out of the trips that you've had.

On 8/11/2020 at 10:30 PM, outlandish said:

I've had some very nice experiences around that dosage range with a cup of mint tea and my couch.

Hmm..^_^might try something like that...cup of tea :ph34r:

Edited by Aaron p

@Ry4n LSD is awesome, but 5-MeO is awesomer ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I wanted to show you a method to vaporize 5 meo that I find very effective. It is a 200 ml heart-shaped borosilicate flask, stoppered with a cork and a tube passing through. I heat it with a large torch, which can give off a very powerful flame. This is important because the glass is thick and if you heat it well, there will be no un-vaporized particles. the shape is ideal because the 5 meo tends to escape when you give it heat, in this way it stays concentrated below. Being covered you can vaporize everything and wait, that the steam will remain there for a while, more than a minute without hardly leaving if you cover the tube. The flask fits perfectly in a typical ceramic cup, very useful to avoid burning anything. Another thing I do is apart from the initial dose, leave two more doses in the typical plastic coffee spoons, if you prefer it not to be at once. after the first, after some min when you can move, you put the second one and it practically vaporizes itself from the remaining heat. The good thing about this system is that you know exactly the dose that you have smoked, which I think is very important to move forward. I hope that it would be useful to someone

IMG_20200729_230126.jpg

IMG_20200729_230137.jpg

Cobalto, i think you need another hole for air flow

Edited by Vaidas

2 hours ago, Vaidas said:

Cobalto, i think you need another hole for air flow

You can move the cork a bit for get air inside, it's without pressure in the glass. It's better for me if is bit hard to take the smoke , because you take it little by little until your fill your lungs. 

@cobalto You don't find the vapor to be harsh? When I experimented with light bulb vaporizing (tried a few ready made) I found the smoke to be quite harsh if I tried to vaporize to collect the vapor in the bulb before inhaling due to the lack of airflow. Inhaling while heating made it better but then other methods proved to be better: a Health Stone that can vaporize a lot of material very quickly from convection heat. And the DT V4 (with titanium cup) that has very good air flow and safety profile for that matter. 

However gathering the vapor in a chamber before inhaling is quite appealing although it seems a bit tricky to do without the added harshness to the vapor if not doing it gravity bong style. Or maybe an Infinity Waterfall? ;)

So, I’ve done lots of 5meo, deep trips and low doses. I have had ‘insights’ but none I’d say were ‘God’ and I definitely haven’t had any healing. 

perhaps it’s changed my relationship to my thinking in subtle ways but I’m feeling increasingly skepticial that 5meo is what it’s claimed to be. 

feels kinda numb, freaky, feels like death more than “God”...

if I hadn’t watched Leo’s videos what would I have though?

Also, I’m not sure what about Martin Ball makes him liberated or God... he seems like a normal person who likes to have psychedelic experiences, but has built an ideology around it as ‘non-dual’ which isn’t true because it’s a dualistic notion to begin with.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"